Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Jan 6th 2013, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by Jimmyjokerz
Sorry to bug you guys

So if I had a visitor visa still valid would I be able to re enter with my new 2013 visa through IEC?! I'm not sure if you are allowed to have both?! Thanks
Us British citizens are visa exempt when it comes to entering Canada as tourists. Therefore there would be no visa. If you were in Canada as a tourist and your IEC for 2013 was approved by the Canadian High Commission in London, you would simply need to leave Canada and re-enter to activate your 2013 IEC.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

RickD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gemarr83
Evening all,

Just been looking at travel insurance for iec. Can anyone recommend any companies(apart from sta) to get quotes from. Think we underestimated how expensive it was going to be! Also whilst the extension to 2 years would be welcomed, this also surely means we would have to buy travel insurance for 2 years, I cannot find any company which would do this and would dread to think how much 2 years travel insurance would be, any thoughts anyone?
Hey There, maybe try looking at private medical insurance rather than travel insurance, I used http://www.chasetempleton.co.uk/ for mine and got it for just under £600 for 1 year. It covers everything necessary
Old Jan 6th 2013, 2:22 pm
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys

I'm currently in Canada on the 2012 IEC and nervously waiting got the 2013 applications to come out as I don't want to go home. My visa runs until feb 15th so it's looking like ill have to return to the uk if the applications aren't out soon! As I'm doing seasonal work I can't get an employer to do an LMO so is there any other options I've got that I could remain in Canada by getting a visitor visa? I really don't want to go back if I don't have to! We would have all been ok if they posted the applications out in the fall like they originally said
You can extend your stay as a visitor online. Go to the CIC website and all the information is there. Once you've applied you get implied status so you can stay as a visitor until they reach a decision.

That's what I've done. My permit runs out Feb 1st but I've applied for Visitor status. It costs $75.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Jimmyjokerz is an unknown quantity at this point

But as I'm part of the 2012 IEC it says I have to leave the country by feb 15th, so surely wouldn't I need a visitor visa in order to stay and do my 2013 IEC application over here as on my current visa it says I have to leave by that date?!
Old Jan 6th 2013, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jennellapea
You can extend your stay as a visitor online. Go to the CIC website and all the information is there. Once you've applied you get implied status so you can stay as a visitor until they reach a decision.

That's what I've done. My permit runs out Feb 1st but I've applied for Visitor status. It costs $75.
Thanks! So are you looking to apply for the 2013 IEC from Canada too?!
Old Jan 6th 2013, 5:36 pm
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah I'm applying from Canada. I finish work next weekend until my next permit comes along. Hope it opens soon.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

so do you still have to cross the border to say the US once you get your visitor permit through, just like the work permit? its so confusing, there isnt that much info out there regarding all this
Old Jan 6th 2013, 6:25 pm
Chips & Gravy

so do you still have to cross the border to say the US once you get your visitor permit through, just like the work permit? its so confusing, there isnt that much info out there regarding all this
Dunno, don't think so
Old Jan 6th 2013, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

LouCouHen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Haleatron
Hello everyone, hoping to head out to canada this year with IEC and was wondering what the deal is with medication as I have Asthma and would need to obtain fresh inhalers while i am over there. Any experience or knowledge in this area i would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

J
I have asthma too, I'm pretty sure you will have to pay for inhalers once over there as healthcare isn't free. But I haven't looked into this too much...anyone else know for sure?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouCouHen
I have asthma too, I'm pretty sure you will have to pay for inhalers once over there as healthcare isn't free. But I haven't looked into this too much...anyone else know for sure?
I don't know for sure, I have asthma too. I would guess it depends if asthma inhalers are available through prescription only or over the counter. I also have allergies and require epipens/adrenaline injections for emergencies and in the UK, even though it's prescription only, if you've run out and it's the weekend, I think the chemist has the discretion to sell you one.

Also, just because something is prescription only in the UK, all hope is not lost of it not being so in Canada as I know that for example, in France, the adrenaline injections I've been able to buy over the counter at the chemist. I don't know if they gave them to me because I needed them urgently as I'd left mine in the UK or if anyone in France can buy them without a prescription.

But I do know that in countries such as France, pharmacists are a lot more qualified than in the UK and are allowed to give out much stronger drugs without prescription than the pharmacists in the UK are. Maybe starting an independent thread on this in the general Canada forum on this particular topic would be more effective.

Last edited by BritishExpatriate; Jan 7th 2013 at 2:02 am.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

twist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone who is waiting contacted people in Canada with regards to accommodation yet?

There are a bunch of adverts for students or single females in terms of house shares, but finding short term accommodation for couples has been a challenge! has anyone else found this to be an issue?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 2:39 am
Just Joined

Mat2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I'm also waiting for IEC 2013 open. I'm finishing on my first year IEC (expires on 14th Jan) so I applied online for the Temporary Visitor online and now have impending status.

I called CIC this morning and asked if there was anyway I could continue to work, whilst I await for IEC 2013 to open. The person I spoke with said that I could continue to work on impending status, I'm confused as other places it says that you can't work on visitor impending when an IEC expires.

Does anyone have any similar experiences? I'd love to keep working if I can.

Thanks!
Old Jan 7th 2013, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Ill be applying online today to extend my status as a visitor! Even though I do it online it says I still have to print it out and post it, is this correct? Or can you submit it all electronically? If so can anyone provide a link?!
Old Jan 7th 2013, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Ill be applying online today to extend my status as a visitor! Even though I do it online it says I still have to print it out and post it, is this correct? Or can you submit it all electronically? If so can anyone provide a link?!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_appl...online.asp?s=1
Old Jan 7th 2013, 3:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mat2013
Hi there,

I'm also waiting for IEC 2013 open. I'm finishing on my first year IEC (expires on 14th Jan) so I applied online for the Temporary Visitor online and now have impending status.

I called CIC this morning and asked if there was anyway I could continue to work, whilst I await for IEC 2013 to open. The person I spoke with said that I could continue to work on impending status, I'm confused as other places it says that you can't work on visitor impending when an IEC expires.

Does anyone have any similar experiences? I'd love to keep working if I can.

Thanks!
As for as Im aware IEC TWPs are not extendable nor do you get Implied Status to carry on working as the TWP CANNOT be extended by CIC Vegreville. Yes you can change over to visitor status while waiting for the new IEC LOI then flagpoling to receive a new TWP.
Why do you think you send an application to London for the IEC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.