Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Jun 8th 2012, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

roberto_the_besto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Thanks Dandaman1. I am currently in the process of getting insurance. I expect to activate my visa in August when I have found a job etc. However I will be flying back to the UK for my graduation in November. When I fly back to Canada do I need to show insurance and proof of funds again? Or do you think it is worthwhile getting insurance for 5 months and then separately for another 7 months? I was thinking of taking ACE travel insurance as they offer it for 13 months and that would make more sense. I am not sure if I would need to provide proof of return flight when I go back to Canada in November?

With regards to the tourist visa, I could just say that I plan to stay with friends and then activate my visa right?

It's all so confusing.

Rob
Old Jun 8th 2012, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

You only need to show proof of funds, insurance, etc when you pick up your work permit.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by roberto_the_besto
Thanks Dandaman1. I am currently in the process of getting insurance. I expect to activate my visa in August when I have found a job etc. However I will be flying back to the UK for my graduation in November. When I fly back to Canada do I need to show insurance and proof of funds again? Or do you think it is worthwhile getting insurance for 5 months and then separately for another 7 months? I was thinking of taking ACE travel insurance as they offer it for 13 months and that would make more sense. I am not sure if I would need to provide proof of return flight when I go back to Canada in November?

With regards to the tourist visa, I could just say that I plan to stay with friends and then activate my visa right?

It's all so confusing.

Rob
Originally Posted by scottyxx
You only need to show proof of funds, insurance, etc when you pick up your work permit.
Scotty is correct here. Once you have shown insurance and proof of funds when acquiring your visa, it is valid for a whole year from this point. You can enter and leave Canada as many times as you wish, as long as your insurance covers your working time in Canada.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute

Any payment requests today?
Old Jun 8th 2012, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

tapemeasures is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meatballsub
Chase them, bother them. Put URGENT in your email title. They didn't reply to my email, but it does seem like an odd coincidence they sent the confirmation the same day I sent them the email.

Can't hurt to try.
Good point. I feel I am being impatient (admittedly) but I just emailed the [email protected] address with URGENT and politely asked for a status update.

I'll give it a few days and then try the [email protected] address... Failing that I guess I'll just have to keep waiting and hope that nothing has gone wrong.

Fingers crossed for everyone this weekend.

EDIT: Oh my GOD you guys! I got an auto response, refreshed my emails and I've got a new email saying 'IEC eligible, sent to CIC'!

YESSSSSSS.

I got it 6 minutes after I sent my chaser email... so maybe this prompted them?! Give it a go!

My timeline so far:

NOR: 08/05
Req payment: 28/05
Sent payment, payment proof and electronic app: 29/05
(Chased IEC: 08/06)
IEC eligible, sent to CIC: 08/06
LOI: .....?

Last edited by tapemeasures; Jun 8th 2012 at 3:38 am.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stewart84
Nope I'm kinda resigned to the fact that I won't be getting a visa this year. Pretty sure I would have had one by now if I was! (NOR on 16th of May)
Old Jun 8th 2012, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute

heard from someone that got an NOR on the 01/06 though so dunno why they'd still be processing if it was completely shut....ye never know.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Scotty and Dandaman1. I have just purchased my insurance for £180 for 13 months and that is with a pre-existing medical condition, the price didn't go up and the amount of cover is brilliant. They said I can go to any country I want to, so going to USA from Canada is not a problem and that I can suspend my cover when I come home. Honesty is the best policy I guess!

It also covers repatriation which is good.

ACE Travel insurance is recommended.

Thanks you both for your help. I'm sure I'll be back on soon with more questions
Old Jun 8th 2012, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by megarhandi
no one answered my question. does ACE insurance cover repatriation?
Yes it does. Even on the budget insurance which I bought. Read my most recent post.

I asked her specifically if it does cover that and she said yes.

Rob
Old Jun 8th 2012, 5:34 am
Just Joined

hemlyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Received mine today at about half 4ish
Old Jun 8th 2012, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome! When did you get your notice of reciept?
Old Jun 8th 2012, 7:28 am
Just Joined

hemlyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Got NOR on 15th of May
Old Jun 8th 2012, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Mircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura about

heard from someone that got an NOR on the 01/06 though so dunno why they'd still be processing if it was completely shut....ye never know.
I got my NOR on 1st June and it was posted on the 25th May. Got fingers crossed that they are still actively processing applications.

I've read from last year's application process that they were still being processed post closure of available visa's so hoping its the case this year too.

Last edited by Mircha; Jun 8th 2012 at 11:27 am.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mitz24
I got my NOR on 1st June and it was posted on the 25th May. Got fingers crossed that they are still actively processing applications.

I've read from last year's application process that they were still being processed post closure of available visa's so hoping its the case this year too.
If they weren't processing any more applications at the time they received it I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have scanned yours in, which is officially when processing begins.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

Guys approx. what figure are we looking at for annual insurance? What is the price range? £300-500? Also, does it change if you have a minor medical condition such as asthma or an allergy? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.