Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Jun 5th 2012, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by Jennika
Has anyone who got a NOR around the 16th May had a payment request yet? I've never been so willing to hand over £90 before
15th, but ye still waiting
Old Jun 5th 2012, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Loui-d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Planty21
Hi guys, I have been following this thread since I sent my application off. I have joined up just to get something cleared up, I received my LOI On the 1st June but on the actual form it has the validity date as 1/6/2012, shouldnt this say 1/6/2013? My friend received his on the same date and it also says 2012 so I don't know if it's just all the ones they sent out on that date. This should say 2013 though right?
a few people have had this happen to them, its wrong. I'd email them letting them know and they should send back an amended version. I guess with all the apps they're handling they're making school boy errors
Old Jun 6th 2012, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by markstimson
Haha awesome! I'm totally calling on you for advice when we come to apply
Hahaha of course, My application will be in this week!
Old Jun 6th 2012, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Adminphobe is an unknown quantity at this point

Paid 23rd May 2012
Confirmation of payment requested 25th May 2012
Passed to 2nd Phase 31st May 2012

Fingers crossed I will receive LOI within next 2 weeks as that seems to be the current timescales.....
Old Jun 6th 2012, 12:41 am
Just Joined

CM1205 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Adminphobe
Paid 23rd May 2012

Fingers crossed I will receive LOI within next 2 weeks as that seems to be the current timescales.....
Whats your Reference number just out of interest? I'm 1 day ahead of you on number 005924...
Old Jun 6th 2012, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

Adminphobe is an unknown quantity at this point

my NOR was 01/05/12 so I'm 0056.... you leapfrogged me it seems.
Must have been my extensive CV holding things up - should have done less crayon drawings...................!!
Old Jun 6th 2012, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

roberto_the_besto is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, does anybody know of any decent travel insurance (backpacker maybe) for pre-existing medical conditions?

Also as some of you are working, what are the wages like and standard of living compared to the UK?

Rob
Old Jun 6th 2012, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Adminphobe
Paid 23rd May 2012

I got passed to CIC the day before. I'm hoping I get the LOI by the 22nd, which is when I fly! But yeah, by the looks of things it's taking 2-3 weeks for most people, so hopefully we'll get them in the next 10 days or so.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by roberto_the_besto
Hello, does anybody know of any decent travel insurance (backpacker maybe) for pre-existing medical conditions?

Also as some of you are working, what are the wages like and standard of living compared to the UK?

Rob
I think I ended up using ACE Backpackers insurance once I got here. Standard of living and wages is much much higher than the UK. Once you work for 3 months your insurance wont matter, as OHIP will cover hospital / dr expenses except drugs.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

roberto_the_besto is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Scotty, but surely I will need insurance for the whole duration for repatriation etc? Is that correct?
Old Jun 6th 2012, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Not sure I have never once entered Canada with a years worth of insurance, except my first time, but that was a mistake on my part, as I didnt know about OHIP.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 5:42 am
Just Joined

colbelfast is an unknown quantity at this point

Right in a pickle here. I don't have my accepted copy of my IMM295 form (which was news to me you had to keep) to send with my payment receipt.

'IMPORTANT: In addition to making your participation fee payment in the next fifteen (15) days,you must also send the electronic version of the completed and validated IMM1295 form to the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada to the United Kingdom'

Anybody had this same issue and how do you get round it!!!!
Old Jun 6th 2012, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Just fill in the form again Colbelfast, if you didnt lie the info should be easy to redo. Just validate and send. I sent my copy (the original) and they said it was corrupted, so I downloaded a new form and copied the info. They accepted it.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 5:57 am
Just Joined

colbelfast is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by scottyxx
Just fill in the form again Colbelfast, if you didnt lie the info should be easy to redo. Just validate and send. I sent my copy (the original) and they said it was corrupted, so I downloaded a new form and copied the info. They accepted it.
Happy Days! Thought some reference number had to tally up from the accepted form they have!

Thanks for putting my mind at ease
Old Jun 6th 2012, 5:57 am
Just Joined

af1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Goooood, just got my passed to CIC email.

My timeline:

NOR: 8th May
Payment Request: 25th May
Payment Sent: 29th May
Payment Proof: 1st June
Passed to CIC: 6th June
LOI: ?

Hopefully it will be through in a few weeks then I'm Calgary bound mid-July.

Lovely stuff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.