International Experience Canada

Old Jun 2nd 2012, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by Third6
Yes, that is your LOI.
Thanks! I thought they f-ed it up again and had given me a normal permit!
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Lilypad1992 is an unknown quantity at this point

Leaving for Toronto on Tuesday! Just wanted to check if anyone knew exactly what docs I need to cross the border! Thanks!
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Keid is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question.

Do I need to have a return flight booked or can I just show that I have enough funds to pay for a return when I enter?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Keid
Quick question.

Do I need to have a return flight booked or can I just show that I have enough funds to pay for a return when I enter?

Thanks in advance.
As long as you can prove you have enough funds for a flight home it shouldn't be a problem, I only have a one way booked!
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Awesome thanks

Another question: when they say you need to have sufficient funds to support ourselves of 2500 CAD, can this be an equivalent in GBP or do I need to get it by cash or traveller's cheque?
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

If you just get a bank statement to show the equivalent I'm sure that should be fine, that's all I've done!
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot lily. You're a star!
Old Jun 4th 2012, 6:19 am
Just Joined

fionaelizabeth is an unknown quantity at this point

For all those who received payment confirmation requests

Can anyone explain why the office sent payment confirmation requests to so many people and often shortly after the initial payment request? I received my payment request on the 21 May, the payment was made on 23 May and then I received a payment confirmation request on 25 May. I thought it was within 12 days. Send the confirmation but I don't understand why they demand a payment confirmation request so quickly.

To panic us?
Old Jun 4th 2012, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

roberto_the_besto is an unknown quantity at this point

Nobody has answered my question further back. I was a student when I applied for the IEC and I am still currently enrolled there so does that mean I can apply for 2 more IEC visa's or just one? I was under the impression that applying when a student you could get 2 more visas because the first one doesn't come out of the two you are allowed, is that right?

Rob
Old Jun 4th 2012, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

segaste is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fionaelizabeth
For all those who received payment confirmation requests

Can anyone explain why the office sent payment confirmation requests to so many people and often shortly after the initial payment request? I received my payment request on the 21 May, the payment was made on 23 May and then I received a payment confirmation request on 25 May. I thought it was within 12 days. Send the confirmation but I don't understand why they demand a payment confirmation request so quickly.

To panic us?
From reading their facebook page, it appears as though they made a last minute change to spped up the process; and it has worked. Also, it seemed a few payments were getting lost so having us send our own confirmation of payment means they should find them easier. Well, hopefully.

Originally Posted by roberto_the_besto
Nobody has answered my question further back. I was a student when I applied for the IEC and I am still currently enrolled there so does that mean I can apply for 2 more IEC visa's or just one? I was under the impression that applying when a student you could get 2 more visas because the first one doesn't come out of the two you are allowed, is that right?

Rob
From what I've read, you're only allowed two IEC visas. Even if you were enrolled as a student when you got your first visa, you have used up one of your visas.

Was your first visa from the IEC or a study visa? I thought you couldn't enroll on university courses when on the IEC.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by roberto_the_besto

Rob
2 total under the new program irrelevant of your student status. If you are looking to stay more than 2 years you should consider doing an AIESEC internship or another work holiday program, as the AIESEC internship uses the IEC, BUT it is not limited to 5000 space, and it is employer specific so it is exempt from the 2 time rule.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lilypad1992
Leaving for Toronto on Tuesday! Just wanted to check if anyone knew exactly what docs I need to cross the border! Thanks!
Proof of insurance, and proof of funds. Is all I took last year.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lilypad1992
As long as you can prove you have enough funds for a flight home it shouldn't be a problem, I only have a one way booked!
Totally depends on your guy at the gate TBH. They suggest having a return flight, but I have never once entered Canada with a return flight and I have been fine.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by scottyxx
Totally depends on your guy at the gate TBH. They suggest having a return flight, but I have never once entered Canada with a return flight and I have been fine.
Same, I had been to Canada many times as a tourist and now on the IEC visa never been asked to show return flight in Canada (usually in UK though). I took proof of insurance when I entered last time, they didn't even ask for that.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by michty6
Same, I had been to Canada many times as a tourist and now on the IEC visa never been asked to show return flight in Canada (usually in UK though). I took proof of insurance when I entered last time, they didn't even ask for that.
Thank you both! Think that's all I'm taking!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.