International Experience Canada

Old Jun 5th 2012, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Has anyone who got a NOR around the 16th May had a payment request yet? I've never been so willing to hand over £90 before
Old Jun 5th 2012, 1:47 am
Just Joined

meatballsub is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by af1987
Online payment comes back to bite me in the arse. BRILLIANT.

Just been asked for proof of payment.

Two queries which I'm hoping people can help me with:

'Reference number and name of the financial institution from which your payent was made' . Obviosly its Lloyds TSB, but reference number?

AND,

'Reference number for this payment which was given to you by your financial institution'... Is this just the number next to the payment on my account statement?

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it greatly...
I paid Lloyds online banking and haven't even had confirmation of receipt yet - so I guess i'm probably going to get this kick too. What did you send as a receipt?
Old Jun 5th 2012, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by af1987
Online payment comes back to bite me in the arse. BRILLIANT.

Just been asked for proof of payment.

Two queries which I'm hoping people can help me with:

'Reference number and name of the financial institution from which your payent was made' . Obviosly its Lloyds TSB, but reference number?

AND,

'Reference number for this payment which was given to you by your financial institution'... Is this just the number next to the payment on my account statement?

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it greatly...
I never found the reference number of the payment or my bank, so I just sent all the information asked for but this. I got passed onto the next stage within a week. To be fair, all they really need to reconcile a payment is the payment reference line, account number and name.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Loui-d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jennika
Has anyone who got a NOR around the 16th May had a payment request yet? I've never been so willing to hand over £90 before
Ditto!
Old Jun 5th 2012, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Loui-d
Ditto!
I wish you guys luck! I don't know what they are doing since they are very likely over the limit by now. I hope they still process everything!!

You might be ok:
We will not accept any applications mailed after Monday May 28th, 2012 (as attested by the postal mark). There is no guarantee that applications received before this date will be approved. Applications are processed on a first come first served basis. Once the quota is full with applications that have been approved, we will stop all processing. You will be notified of the status of your application as soon as possible.

Information regarding the opening of the 2013 International Experience Canada Working Holiday for participants from the UK will be posted on this page in the fall of 2012. We thank you for your interest in Canada.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Hey guys anyone got any tips on what I could do for proof of insurance? I am in Canada, so I have OHIP if I am working, but my current work permit expires, which is why I am getting the new one..I have already been offered a job, if I take my job offer letter, my current OHIP and my benefits insurance, would this be valid?
Old Jun 5th 2012, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scottyxx
I wish you guys luck! I don't know what they are doing since they are very likely over the limit by now. I hope they still process everything!!

You might be ok:
We will not accept any applications mailed after Monday May 28th, 2012 (as attested by the postal mark). There is no guarantee that applications received before this date will be approved. Applications are processed on a first come first served basis. Once the quota is full with applications that have been approved, we will stop all processing. You will be notified of the status of your application as soon as possible.

Information regarding the opening of the 2013 International Experience Canada Working Holiday for participants from the UK will be posted on this page in the fall of 2012. We thank you for your interest in Canada.
Thanks, i'm hoping it will be OK too but i'm not that stressed if it's not. I took a long time to decide if i wanted to apply or not so i knew there was a risk of not getting it when i sent my app off.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, i'm hoping it will be OK too but i'm not that stressed if it's not. I took a long time to decide if i wanted to apply or not so i knew there was a risk of not getting it when i sent my app off.
I applied January, and just heard back, its so stressful!
Old Jun 5th 2012, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

I applied January, and just heard back, its so stressful!
so the first come first serve rule isn't true!
Old Jun 5th 2012, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

so the first come first serve rule isn't true!
They rejected me 2 times over trivial things that were not my issue, they changed the requirements after i applied, and then my signature was smudged. :S go figure!

My last application went in April 1st, and I got accepted / got my letter, a couple of days ago.

You cannot talk to them or ask any questions, you just have to see if your number is pulled. I hate the London Embassy so much!
Old Jun 5th 2012, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

They rejected me 2 times over trivial things that were not my issue, they changed the requirements after i applied, and then my signature was smudged. :S go figure!

My last application went in April 1st, and I got accepted / got my letter, a couple of days ago.

You cannot talk to them or ask any questions, you just have to see if your number is pulled. I hate the London Embassy so much!
well the time between your last app and now is about the average time it took most people to get their LOI! Congrats BTW Where are you heading too?
Old Jun 5th 2012, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I kind of did it all very last minute so I know there is a chance I may not get in this year. But now my mind is set on going so would rather it was sooner rather than later!
Old Jun 5th 2012, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jennika
Yeah I kind of did it all very last minute so I know there is a chance I may not get in this year. But now my mind is set on going so would rather it was sooner rather than later!
Me too, i know someone out there already on the same programe so i'd like to get out there and join them too!
Old Jun 5th 2012, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

well the time between your last app and now is about the average time it took most people to get their LOI! Congrats BTW Where are you heading too?
Already here with a job on my first IEC, hence my frustration, I didnt wanna lose my job! I am in Guelph Ontario.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Already here with a job on my first IEC, hence my frustration, I didnt wanna lose my job! I am in Guelph Ontario.
Oh right, my friend who is over in Vancouver applied late too for her second IEC it wasnt really made clear to her how or when she should apply again. She was told to apply for her second IEC 30days before the current ran out and then she was told there would be a different app. I dont know where she got this info from but its resulted in her applying late and she may not get it now if they have run out.

i can think of a million ways this process can be made smoother.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.