International Experience Canada

Old May 31st 2012, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

sammyabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by markstimson
Oh man...I'm trying but it's so hard! That's great news by the way. I paid last Thurs, asked for proof on Fri and sent the info also on Fri. May I ask when you paid and sent proof? Also did you send them the ref numbers or a PDF of some kind of receipt? Wondering whether an actual receipt instead of just the payment info will get through quicker...
thats nothing, i paid on april 26th........still waiting........
Old May 31st 2012, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

What did everyone send as proof of payment? I sent an email with my account number, my name, WTN, bank's name, and the amount and date sent. I looked everywhere and found no 'payment reference number'. I even phoned the bank and they couldn't provide me with one - is this imperative? Surely all they need is a name, WTN and account number...
Old May 31st 2012, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

StephenKearney is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh man...I'm trying but it's so hard! That's great news by the way. I paid last Thurs, asked for proof on Fri and sent the info also on Fri. May I ask when you paid and sent proof? Also did you send them the ref numbers or a PDF of some kind of receipt? Wondering whether an actual receipt instead of just the payment info will get through quicker...
Mark,

When they asked for the proof of payment I sent the screenshot of my HSBC payment. As we are on the same timescales it's obviously not made it any quicker. Thing we will just need to be a little more patient. It looks like a few others who made payment / send confirmation around the same date as us are now getting sent to CIC. Hopefully tomorrow we will get emails And have the perfect start to the four day weekend!
Old May 31st 2012, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

segaste is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dandaman1
What did everyone send as proof of payment? I sent an email with my account number, my name, WTN, bank's name, and the amount and date sent. I looked everywhere and found no 'payment reference number'. I even phoned the bank and they couldn't provide me with one - is this imperative? Surely all they need is a name, WTN and account number...
When I made payment Barclays offered me a receipt, which I saved just incase. I forwarded that onto them and it seemed to have done the trick.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Finally passed to CIC. My timeline:

Sent: 29/04/
Received: 04/05
Payment request: 24/05
Payed: 25/05
Sent to CIC: 01/06
LOI: ~Pending~
Old Jun 1st 2012, 10:16 am
Just Joined

CM1205 is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally passed to CIC. My timeline:

Sent: 29/04/
Received: 04/05
Payment request: 24/05
Payed: 25/05
Sent to CIC: 01/06
LOI: ~Pending~
Three cheers for the people @ the IEC Office !
Old Jun 1st 2012, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

RahLa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello people, I received my LOI this morning! Super happy! Jummping about the house with joy and excitement...

....until I realised that the valid until date says 2012/06/01?!?!?!? WTF? The LOI came with note that with any problems, to forward the LOI to

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...contactez.aspx

but this is just a link to the CIC website and I can't seem to actually find an email address to contact them... anyone had similar problem/ got any ideas of what I can do?

Much love and appreciation for any help received!!! Rah x
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

roberto_the_besto is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine says valid until 2013/05/25. I'm pretty sure that you get a year to use (spend) the LOI to enter Canada and then when you get there your visa is issued for a whole year.

Can somebody confirm this?
Old Jun 1st 2012, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

KateDil is just really niceKateDil is just really niceKateDil is just really niceKateDil is just really niceKateDil is just really niceKateDil is just really niceKateDil is just really niceKateDil is just really nice

Just had my email to say I've been passed on to the CIC for the 2nd phase. I'm one of the ones that paid on 24th May and was asked for confirmation on the 25th. I didn't hear anything back about my payment confirmation so sit tight you don't need to do anything else!!!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

the lythes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KateDil
Just had my email to say I've been passed on to the CIC for the 2nd phase. I'm one of the ones that paid on 24th May and was asked for confirmation on the 25th. I didn't hear anything back about my payment confirmation so sit tight you don't need to do anything else!!!
Congrats!!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

YESSSS! You beautiful people. Just got the passed to CIC email. Exact timescale as you KateDil. I can finally chill out!!! I ended up getting HSBC to send me a fax of the proper internal receipt, emailed it today, and just received the CIC email. Enjoy your weekends everyone.

Last edited by markstimson; Jun 1st 2012 at 5:37 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

YESSSS! You beautiful people. Just got the passed to CIC email. Exact timescale as you KateDil. I can finally chill out!!! I ended up getting HSBC to send me a fax of the proper internal receipt, emailed it today, and just received the CIC email. Enjoy your weekends everyone.
Same timeline here. I'm Hoping to get the LOI before I leave on the 23rd!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

englishguy2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Timeline so far:

NOR: 8th May (2 weeks after sending the application)
Payment Request: 25th May
Payment Sent: 25th May (from Canada)
Passed to final stage (CIC): 1st June

This is so much better than the timeline for my first application which got rejected!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by roberto_the_besto
Mine says valid until 2013/05/25. I'm pretty sure that you get a year to use (spend) the LOI to enter Canada and then when you get there your visa is issued for a whole year.

Can somebody confirm this?
Spot on. You can even go to Canada, enter on a tourist visa, job search, get a job offer then do a visa run to Niagara before you start the job (to maximise the year on your visa)

I'm on the same timeline (payment request/paid 24th) as others but haven't heard anything. You guys must've all jumped in front of me dam you!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Same timeline here. I'm Hoping to get the LOI before I leave on the 23rd!
I would say that should be no problem. Seems 10-14 days for LOI's on current timescales. Where are you flying to? I'm already in Toronto on my first year so this will be my second participation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.