International Experience Canada

Old Feb 10th 2013, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

Cumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant future
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by Alec D
I would hope internet banking would be permissible - some of us can't get to a bank within normal working hours! At least not at short notice.

It'd help if we knew what was needed on the receipt so I could confirm with my bank that it'd be shown on an internet banking screen.
Hello, I've been reading through the Irish threads a bit and as far as I can see the receipt/screenshot needs to show the following:
- Name of account holder
- Name of financial institution
- Account number of funds recipient
- Amount paid
- Date on which the payment was made
- Reference number for the payment*

*You'll have to put as the description and payment reference ... IE- 00****.... these last 4 digits being the last four digits in your WTN.

The people who have used internet banking seem to have most luck having in accepted first time by taking a screenshot of the "receipt" like page once they have made the payment copying and pasting it into word and turning it into a pdf (smaller than a word file), if the screenshot doesnt show all the info many people have included notes in the word/pdf file giving the info or additional screenshots showing the info.
Of course the UK requirements may be different no way to know at this time but i'm sure they will let is know during the application, oh yeh one last thing for the Irish process the IEC bank account was set up in one of the major irish banks so maybe the UK one will be set up with a major UK one, but again that's just speculation.

Originally Posted by dsmwright
So I'm pulling hair out in the UK too, I'm slightly concerned about the work history check of the Kompass application as there are times where I have been unemployed/travelling... Does anyone know if this would be a problem? It didn't seem to affect my ACRO application.
Many if not all young people these days have periods of unemployment/travelling, it will not be counted against you the IEC visa is not employment related, just make sure to be truthful at all times, if you were travelling in any country other than your own for more than 6 months consistently you will need a police check from that country for section 2 of the application.
*WARNING make SURE you record any dates that you put down for employment etc in the first IEC kompass stage of the application as you will be asked to provide a CV in the second myCIC stage, these dates MUST match, this has caused a lot of stress for some people in the Irish process who have come up with dates off the top of their heads in the first stage then forgotten what they were and as far as i know you cant go back and view them*

Hope this helps :-)

Last edited by Cumbrian7; Feb 10th 2013 at 11:49 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Alec D is on a distinguished road

Many thanks Cumbrian7, that's a nice clear concise answer. I'm certain my internet banking shows all this information, sounds like the key bits are to get the reference numbers right (as well as obviously the to and from account numbers but this information is surely going to be shown anyway).

PDF sounds like the most reliable format too eh, no problem there.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

poppy88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dsmwright
So I'm pulling hair out in the UK too, I'm slightly concerned about the work history check of the Kompass application as there are times where I have been unemployed/travelling... Does anyone know if this would be a problem? It didn't seem to affect my ACRO application.
no problem at all, i had the same thing last year lots of travelling etc, do no need to worry you will be fine!

I'm struggling with the habitual residency, i've been in canada since feb 2012, then i was travelling may2010-auguest2011, so i dont fit the criteria as it is, unless they drop it like they did with the Irish

Cumbrian7 thanks for the info, thats a big help!
Old Feb 11th 2013, 12:05 am

salmonfella is an unknown quantity at this point

i will just say make sure your internet banking receipt is perfect a lot of people in Ireland went this way and are still waiting i would Say if you can at all go in to the bank and pay that way.as they can make the receipt to exactly how you want it the computer cant do that
Old Feb 11th 2013, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

Wizardoffire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by salmonfella
i will just say make sure your internet banking receipt is perfect a lot of people in Ireland went this way and are still waiting i would Say if you can at all go in to the bank and pay that way.as they can make the receipt to exactly how you want it the computer cant do that
indeed, thats my plan anyway... just want to get it right to avoid any delays, having Canada withdrawal symptoms
Old Feb 11th 2013, 12:49 am
Just Joined

dsmwright is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cumbrian7
Hello, I've been reading through the Irish threads a bit and as far as I can see the receipt/screenshot needs to show the following:
- Name of account holder
- Name of financial institution
- Account number of funds recipient
- Amount paid
- Date on which the payment was made
- Reference number for the payment*

*You'll have to put as the description and payment reference ... IE- 00****.... these last 4 digits being the last four digits in your WTN.

The people who have used internet banking seem to have most luck having in accepted first time by taking a screenshot of the "receipt" like page once they have made the payment copying and pasting it into word and turning it into a pdf (smaller than a word file), if the screenshot doesnt show all the info many people have included notes in the word/pdf file giving the info or additional screenshots showing the info.
Of course the UK requirements may be different no way to know at this time but i'm sure they will let is know during the application, oh yeh one last thing for the Irish process the IEC bank account was set up in one of the major irish banks so maybe the UK one will be set up with a major UK one, but again that's just speculation.

Many if not all young people these days have periods of unemployment/travelling, it will not be counted against you the IEC visa is not employment related, just make sure to be truthful at all times, if you were travelling in any country other than your own for more than 6 months consistently you will need a police check from that country for section 2 of the application.
*WARNING make SURE you record any dates that you put down for employment etc in the first IEC kompass stage of the application as you will be asked to provide a CV in the second myCIC stage, these dates MUST match, this has caused a lot of stress for some people in the Irish process who have come up with dates off the top of their heads in the first stage then forgotten what they were and as far as i know you cant go back and view them*

Hope this helps :-)
A huge relief, thanks! Many of my C.V's have involved a certain amount of guesswork, I will definitely take the time to make sure that this one will be as accurate as I can make it..
Old Feb 11th 2013, 1:16 am
Just Joined

buttonmooncakes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
Just a quick question-apologies if this question has been posted before. I thought I was being organised by sorting out my police check in November but have now realised that it is likely that it will probably expire before the date I am (fingers crossed) due to leave for Canada. Will it matter if I enter Canada with a new one- the details shouldn't be different?
Old Feb 11th 2013, 1:21 am
Just Joined

spaynter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poppy88
is that furnished or unfurnished

$1600 will get you a really nice place in downtown/yaletown (basically downtown) in vancouver that includes 1bed sometime den, amenities ie gym media room etc, and sometimes parking
i pay 1950 for 1bed plus den, incl all amenities gym pool sauna etc, 24 concierge, parking

a lot of places in vancouver, that are nice, require you to have references adn i am unsure on how you would go about that not living in canada before?

vancouver is way nicer in the summer, we have beaches!! when i went to toronto they have nicer/cooler bars, The Thompson Hotel, the drake hotel, vancouver doesnt have boutique hotels, that i know of, like this

i once came on a tourist visa and was only granted 3 months, no idea why

anyone considering applying for PR, the application when being sponsered by spouse is ridiculous, copies of emails and texts from years ago?! crazy
It's unfurnished but right in the downtown core. My main issue with being able to afford somewhere in Vancouver was that the pay scale was far less so my money wouldn't have gone as far.

We had to give references, proof of employment and a credit check to rent out here. They were happy to accept both references and a credit check from the UK but the job offer had to be from Toronto and for a Class O or Class A job. If you come out without a job or you aren't seen as "professional" you will really struggle to get a decent condo.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 1:22 am
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by buttonmooncakes
Hi all
Just a quick question-apologies if this question has been posted before. I thought I was being organised by sorting out my police check in November but have now realised that it is likely that it will probably expire before the date I am (fingers crossed) due to leave for Canada. Will it matter if I enter Canada with a new one- the details shouldn't be different?

According to previous posts, the police check doesn't have be less than 3 months old for the IEC....

I done mine for UK & an Australian one back in November too!
Old Feb 11th 2013, 2:24 am
Just Joined

buttonmooncakes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snuggs
According to previous posts, the police check doesn't have be less than 3 months old for the IEC....

I done mine for UK & an Australian one back in November too!
Thanks, now back to waiting!
Old Feb 11th 2013, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

Alec D is on a distinguished road

Regarding driver's licenses and insurance - how does this work on the IEC? I assume there is a period in which I can drive on my UK license. Anyone know how long that is? And regarding insurance, do I just buy this normally when I arrive?
Old Feb 11th 2013, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Kitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to all

Regarding driver's licenses and insurance - how does this work on the IEC? I assume there is a period in which I can drive on my UK license. Anyone know how long that is? And regarding insurance, do I just buy this normally when I arrive?
I believe you can drive using your UK drivers licence for the first 90 days only. Last time we went in 2008, BUNAC told us we could just hop over the boarder and reenter Canada and the 90 days would start again. Im not so sure this is the case anymore. It is apparently simple enough to exchange your UK drivers licence for a Canadian one though which is what we're planning on doing

For insurance it depends which province you plan to live in as to where you can buy it from.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

otoro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kitslane
I believe you can drive using your UK drivers licence for the first 90 days only. Last time we went in 2008, BUNAC told us we could just hop over the boarder and reenter Canada and the 90 days would start again. Im not so sure this is the case anymore. It is apparently simple enough to exchange your UK drivers licence for a Canadian one though which is what we're planning on doing

For insurance it depends which province you plan to live in as to where you can buy it from.
you can do a swap from yr UK licence to a canadian one easy, you just need both the card and the paper counterpart to do so. it's probably only a matter of a processing fee.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

lukedparker is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes iv herd that you can swop your uk licence for a canadian. As for your insurance were it says when did you recieve your licence would you put the date you got your uk licence or your canadian?
Old Feb 11th 2013, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

Clare88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've actually went to do this. You need to swap it over but it depends Provence to Provence. You need your drivers licence card and you need to get a drivers entitlement form from your closest UK licence Center. It proves that you've had no accidents etc and costs £5 to get done and takes about two weeks. Then you bring them both to a service Canada Cebtre and they take your photo and mail you out a new licence which costs $80

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.