Wikiposts

International Experience Canada

Old Feb 5th 2013, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

poppy88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by CMc.390
Hey!

Yeah, I'm currently in Toronto on the 2012 IEC program. I did the medical as I was planning on teaching when I got here, however the severe lack of teaching jobs in Ontario hasn't allowed for such opportunities. I've ended up working as a Graphic Designer so basically p*ssed £300 into the wind paying for the medical!

The medical delays the application by about 3 weeks at most. You need to book with a doctor from their list in a clinic nearest to you.

Good luck!
what teaching are you doing? i teach ESL, so its private schools, and i never needed a medical, only teaching in primary, elementary, ie public government schools with children aged under 16
Old Feb 5th 2013, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

charlottehayward is an unknown quantity at this point

When the IEC finally open applicatons for the UK,I was wondering,the payment you have to make that they are processing for Ireland,is that the payment for the actual visa?
Old Feb 5th 2013, 10:11 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

Sorry Guys, I searched this forum and I did see some posts mentioning 'Travel Insurance'
But I was wondering which ones have people used or are intending to use? I want it to be valid and cover all areas required for the Visa,

I have done some searches, and prices are varied...

cheers
Old Feb 5th 2013, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

poppy88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snuggs
Sorry Guys, I searched this forum and I did see some posts mentioning 'Travel Insurance'
But I was wondering which ones have people used or are intending to use? I want it to be valid and cover all areas required for the Visa,

I have done some searches, and prices are varied...

cheers
i'm yet to find a reasonable travel insurance that actually lets me get cover for more than 18 months
i used travelandgo last time and they were like 160 for 15 months ( i went for before as a tourist)
and for the silver and added on no excess, they still seem pretty reasonable but no idea now either
Old Feb 5th 2013, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

empirestate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charlottehayward
When the IEC finally open applicatons for the UK,I was wondering,the payment you have to make that they are processing for Ireland,is that the payment for the actual visa?
in theory, Yes, But Technically your paying to take part in the program here in the uk (The actual visa is free) as you get a full refund from IEC if the canadians reject you when you apply to them for the visa/work permit
Old Feb 5th 2013, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Alec D is on a distinguished road

BUNAC Work Abroad travel insurance for 2 years quoted me £371.62, which I'd consider reasonable but then I don't know what to compare it to.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Kitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to all

hi all,

am i right in thinking that BUNAC dont have an allocation of visas this year? Ive just had a spam email from them trying to recuit more people to apply via them saying they expect the visas to go quickly this year. I just wonder how they can guarantee that people will get their visas if they dont have any visas reserved?

I dont plan on using them as last time i didnt really need their services but it was the only way to get a visa back then (2008). I dont want to miss out though just because we chose not to go with BUNAC...
Old Feb 6th 2013, 12:07 am
Just Joined

sootie17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kitslane
hi all,

am i right in thinking that BUNAC dont have an allocation of visas this year? Ive just had a spam email from them trying to recuit more people to apply via them saying they expect the visas to go quickly this year. I just wonder how they can guarantee that people will get their visas if they dont have any visas reserved?

I dont plan on using them as last time i didnt really need their services but it was the only way to get a visa back then (2008). I dont want to miss out though just because we chose not to go with BUNAC...

I just got that email too but I don't think they're offering visas, although "Planning on travelling to Canada in 2013 or early 2014? Act NOW in order to get one of the 5,000 visas." sounds like they're trying to make people think that they do. In the list of things in the email that Work Canada includes, it doesn't say anything about guaranteed visas so I think it's just the advice and social things that they're trying to flog.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Kitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sootie17
I just got that email too but I don't think they're offering visas, although "Planning on travelling to Canada in 2013 or early 2014? Act NOW in order to get one of the 5,000 visas." sounds like they're trying to make people think that they do. In the list of things in the email that Work Canada includes, it doesn't say anything about guaranteed visas so I think it's just the advice and social things that they're trying to flog.
thanks...i thought that was the case but in my fragile & stressed state I needed someone else to confirm it haha

they really should clarify though, i feel the email is quite misleading!!
Old Feb 6th 2013, 12:18 am
Just Joined

sootie17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kitslane
they really should clarify though, i feel the email is quite misleading!!
Yes, they definitely should! At first glance I also thought that they were saying that they had visas. It's quite deceptive I think as saying "Act NOW in order to get one of the 5,000 visas." really does suggest that they can guarantee it. I bet a few people who've not been on forums like this one will get caught out and end up paying the £339 just for some advice and an invitation to a few nights out!
Old Feb 6th 2013, 12:57 am
Just Joined

CMc.390 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poppy88
what teaching are you doing? i teach ESL, so its private schools, and i never needed a medical, only teaching in primary, elementary, ie public government schools with children aged under 16
I was a secondary D&T teacher back in the UK so I needed the medical to be able to work with children in Canada (in a public school). I'll not be getting a medical for my 2013 application though, since I already landed this Graphic Design job. Just sucks to have paid that money and not even needing the medical after all haha.

Are you currently in Canada?
Old Feb 6th 2013, 3:35 am
Just Joined

rossvp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, new to all this so this may seem dumb but I haven't applied for the police check and I was wondering if I submit for it now is it to late as i might need it to start the application process? Or can I do the application process and get it after I finish it?
Old Feb 6th 2013, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rossvp
Hey, new to all this so this may seem dumb but I haven't applied for the police check and I was wondering if I submit for it now is it to late as i might need it to start the application process? Or can I do the application process and get it after I finish it?
You don't need the police certificate until the second part of the application - so you can start the application (and be provisionally allocated a visa - so you won't miss out on the quota) while you're waiting for your certificate to arrive.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Clare88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rossvp

Defo get your police certificate ASAP! It took mine just over two weeks to come and you'll need it for the second part of the application. It's not too late as no one knows when it opens, but if you want to get your application fully submitted you'll need it
Old Feb 6th 2013, 3:40 am
Just Joined

rossvp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kangoolari
You don't need the police certificate until the second part of the application - so you can start the application (and be provisionally allocated a visa - so you won't miss out on the quota) while you're waiting for your certificate to arrive.
Well that's a load off my mind. Thanks a lot for getting back as well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.