International Experience Canada

Old Feb 2nd 2013, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by laura_beth
I was doing it so I knew what information I had to provide. It was the only place I found out any information about the police check and the UK IEC website links you to that MyCIC page and login as step 2.

One of the things you are asked to upload is the LOI, so obviously it's no guarantee of getting that. At least I know the likely information and details I am expected to provide. Giving me at least some preparation for when it does open as there is really bare minimum released on what to provide as it stands on the uk IEC

sorry, probably should have quoted MikeBrit, in response to that too! Just trying to be as prepared as possible
Fair enough!
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

saryfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Always good to be prepared too! have all my documents filled out and uploaded apart from this stupid medical receipt upload- been quoted £310 at the doctors they specify and i really dont think i need one...seems noone else on here has to do one...Also whats the consensus on the digital signature or will people just print out, sign and scan in to re-upload?? seems to defeat the point of it all being online....
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

IrishGuyAbroad is an unknown quantity at this point

Doing the right thing getting prepared guys. Myself and girlfriend were hoping to move out in 2014. Had planned on applying for the visas this year to have them sorted and then we would be ready to move next year without the stress of trying to do it all in a short time. Was just getting stuff together and hoping to apply in the next week, and have just seen the Irish quota is full. Absolutley crazy. I went in 2011, and it took something like 8 months to fill the quota, 5 months in 2012, and 2 days in 2013... Crazy stuff, God knows what will happen next year.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd say just keep watching the counter as last year they'd fluctuate a bit as some applications got rejected or returned etc

But I do find it very odd that they disappeared soo quickly this time around - must be super organised this year... :-/
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

JackHarriet is an unknown quantity at this point

My boyfriend and I are hoping to apply to the IEC program for the first time, we have our police forms and are waiting for the visas to be released! We understand that you need a scan of your passport, proof of payment and police form, what other documents are needed for the CIC part of the application? We are just trying to be prepared as possible.....
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JackHarriet
My boyfriend and I are hoping to apply to the IEC program for the first time, we have our police forms and are waiting for the visas to be released! We understand that you need a scan of your passport, proof of payment and police form, what other documents are needed for the CIC part of the application? We are just trying to be prepared as possible.....
There are several forms that need to be uploaded in the MyCIC step of the application. These are on work and family details etc. Information about these will be released when applications open. Some people have began filling them out already via the MyCIC section and the Irish programme site, but until more information is given to UK applicants about it, there may not be any point in filling them out early.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

JackHarriet is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou. Hope they are released soon!
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

empirestate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jennika
I'd say just keep watching the counter as last year they'd fluctuate a bit as some applications got rejected or returned etc

But I do find it very odd that they disappeared soo quickly this time around - must be super organised this year... :-/
We'll see in about 10 days, as they said its up to 2 weeks for the stage 1 application, so if any get rejected there will be a throw back of a few places for the Irish from 11th-14th Feb
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of

On MyCIC application, the things you are to upload there, what if you don't have some of them? Like the offer of employment and a few others?
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

palmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TeddiSam
On MyCIC application, the things you are to upload there, what if you don't have some of them? Like the offer of employment and a few others?
you dont need an offer of employment for iec :S i guess if you dont have everything then they would reject you... but if i remember right all you need is the correct forms the police check and passport copy... cv too... if there is anytihng can someone remind me so i am prepared too S:
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

adamroper101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have been Living in Canada for the past 2 years under the IEC program.

I understand that the Irish programs have already opened and people are starting to fill in the MyCIC profiles already. I agree that this could be a way to save time and the Irish and UK appications may be exactly the same BUT in my experience the government likes to change things ALL THE TIME and I would advise waiting untill you have completed the Kompass account (once it opens for the UK people). Then once your conditionally accepted then do the MyCIC application just to make 100% sure nothing has changed -

Trust me the worse waiting is after you have applied and are waiting to be accepted.

One thing you can do before it opens is apply for the UK police certificate as that takes a few weeks.

I can't believe how quickly the Irish places went down from 6,350 to 400 in only a week!
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 10:54 pm

salmonfella is an unknown quantity at this point

to the above poster they went from 6,350 to 0 in 4 days wasn't even a week:O
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

adamroper101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by salmonfella
to the above poster they went from 6,350 to 0 in 4 days wasn't even a week:O
Wow, that is insane!
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of

Okay so.. If for some unfortunate reason I'm not successful in getting the IEC can anyone suggest any other way I can get a work permit? Just to be on the safe side I want to find other ways
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

yeastery is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TeddiSam
Okay so.. If for some unfortunate reason I'm not successful in getting the IEC can anyone suggest any other way I can get a work permit? Just to be on the safe side I want to find other ways
excellent guide here: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.