International Experience Canada

Old Feb 3rd 2013, 2:52 am
Just Joined

noverscotier is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Can anyone who did the Irish application please send a fairly detailed list of forms you had to fill for the first stage of the application ie IMM1295 was it mandatory? thank you kindly
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 8:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeddiSam
Okay so.. If for some unfortunate reason I'm not successful in getting the IEC can anyone suggest any other way I can get a work permit? Just to be on the safe side I want to find other ways
Your only other option for a work permit is to first find a job offer and an employer prepared to go through the paperwork/hassle/wait of hiring you, and you will do the LMO application for you. The LMO is something the employer has to apply for to prove that they have advertised the job across Canada, and been unable to find a Canadian able, or willing, to do the job.

That's for a normal Temp Work Permit. Yep, you IEC peeps have it easy!
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

fridge46 is an unknown quantity at this point

quick question about IMM5645.

I have zero contact with my father and half-siblings and I dont really want to make contact just to fill in data in the form. Is it ok to fill in the required fields (ie occupation, address) with "unknown"?

I cant find anything on the web.

Many Thanks in advance
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

lukedparker is an unknown quantity at this point

When am i able to pay for the iec is that during the kompass account? As it says you need a copy of the proof of payment for the mycic account
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fridge46

I have zero contact with my father and half-siblings and I dont really want to make contact just to fill in data in the form. Is it ok to fill in the required fields (ie occupation, address) with "unknown"?

Many Thanks in advance
I don't know about this time around but last year it was only you that had to sign the forms not the repsective family members.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

empirestate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fridge46

Many Thanks in advance
Last year I just put their name and date of birth on the form and put unknown for their addresses/occupations. There isnt anything else you can really do, they must understand some of us will be in that predicament. When I got my forms back (Id made a mistake on different one) there was no mention of it being an issue.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

lovemytea is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by noverscotier
Can anyone who did the Irish application please send a fairly detailed list of forms you had to fill for the first stage of the application ie IMM1295 was it mandatory? thank you kindly
For the first stage, all we had to upload document wise was a scan of our passport and then proof of payment. There were details such as education and work history for past 10 years, but was only space for 3. Once the application in submitted it is locked, so make sure you write down/take note of dates for work/education. It asks for exact dates for these too . spent ages trying to work them out!

For stage 2 you'll need the family info form, police check etc. as far as I'm aware.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

noverscotier is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks that eases my mind a lot, so all of the family forms previously mentioned arent required until you get the LOI back???
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

charlottehayward is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! Can anybody help me please haha
With the CIC Canada page im trying to do as much as I can application wise ready for when I get the Police check back and when the IEC finally opens for the letters of acceptance..
I was just filling out the application form, but I cant leave any of the sections blank and it says that I must add the dates when I am applying from and when to,but until I get the visa sorted im not 100% sure when I will be leaving so I dont know what to put?

Also,theres a section on the details of work intended in Canada,and it says to put what my job occupation in Canada will be and brief description of duties,but again I dont know what jobs I will do until I get there,so what do I do?
You dont HAVE to have a job lined up in order to get a working holiday visa do you?! You can go out there and find a job when there?

Last edited by charlottehayward; Feb 3rd 2013 at 3:17 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by noverscotier
Thanks that eases my mind a lot, so all of the family forms previously mentioned arent required until you get the LOI back???
yep, you start uploading them once you get your LOI. It is taking them some time to verify payments as all our visas were gone so quick, there was huge amount of applications etc. to process.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by charlottehayward
Hello! Can anybody help me please haha
With the CIC Canada page im trying to do as much as I can application wise ready for when I get the Police check back and when the IEC finally opens for the letters of acceptance..
I was just filling out the application form, but I cant leave any of the sections blank and it says that I must add the dates when I am applying from and when to,but until I get the visa sorted im not 100% sure when I will be leaving so I dont know what to put?

Also,theres a section on the details of work intended in Canada,and it says to put what my job occupation in Canada will be and brief description of duties,but again I dont know what jobs I will do until I get there,so what do I do?
You dont HAVE to have a job lined up in order to get a working holiday visa do you?! You can go out there and find a job when there?
You don't need to have a job offer to do IEC, but cause I havn't seen instructions yet, I wouldn't be sure on what to put in. put in unknown, you'll be able to edit it anyway. I'm signed up to the Irish one, but we havn't received any instructions for that stage yet! Takes some time to get your payment verified and LOI, so wouldn't panic! Also in our stage one, we had to say when we intended on entering canada to and from, I had no idea, so just put down a rough date.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

charlottehayward is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou so much! I think I understand it now,I guess I cant really do much until the IEC open up the letters of acceptance thing! Oh ok,so does that mean once youve got the letter of acceptance you are secured a visa place? and dont have to panic doing the rest of the application process? haha

Yeah thanks for that, I think im just going to do the same put rough dates on when I want to go and write unknown for the jobs and that
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by charlottehayward
Thankyou so much! I think I understand it now,I guess I cant really do much until the IEC open up the letters of acceptance thing! Oh ok,so does that mean once youve got the letter of acceptance you are secured a visa place? and dont have to panic doing the rest of the application process? haha

Yeah thanks for that, I think im just going to do the same put rough dates on when I want to go and write unknown for the jobs and that

no problem , once you set up your mykompass account (once the visa opens), when you submit your application you get a WTN (world tracking number) and instructions how to pay it. Once you have your WTN you have reserved a place on the programme, you then get about 10 days to pay, ours is €120. If you don't pay by their deadline your application is then refused or it is considered you have withdrawn.

Your still not GUARANTEED a place with the LOI, so if you don't meet the requirements, or you don't send in the correct documents etc or make a mistake you could be rejected. But you just have to be careful I guess! Keep an eye on Irish one, you'll start seeing mistakes etc that you can avoid, haha! Least that is one good thing for ye that we first I guess.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

malkovich is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread feels increasingly like an airport departure gate where boarding is about to be announced and people are standing up from their seats, fidgeting, and attempting to edge gradually towards the front, or the queue outside a department store on the first morning of the January sales....you can feel the precarious tension of human beings getting more and more tightly wound, sharing forced smiles and saying "just trying to make sure we're prepared, heh...", "oh yes, of course, need to be prepared.." whilst inwardly psyching themselves up to tear eachother's arms off and step on newborn babies to GET ONE OF THOSE VISAS!

(If there's a bloodbath, it's your fault, Citizenship and Immigration Canada, for ratcheting up the suspense...)
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by malkovich
This thread feels increasingly like an airport departure gate where boarding is about to be announced and people are standing up from their seats, fidgeting, and attempting to edge gradually towards the front, or the queue outside a department store on the first morning of the January sales....you can feel the precarious tension of human beings getting more and more tightly wound, sharing forced smiles and saying "just trying to make sure we're prepared, heh...", "oh yes, of course, need to be prepared.." whilst inwardly psyching themselves up to tear eachother's arms off and step on newborn babies to GET ONE OF THOSE VISAS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.