International Experience Canada

Old Feb 4th 2013, 10:09 am
Just Joined

feast5801 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by tomTO
Hey guys, first post. Please be gentle.

Thanks guys. For anyone who is looking to apply for the 2013 Initiative, I'd be happy to answer any quesions, assuming the process is the same. I had a fairly painless application last year, even with RMP certificates and chest x-rays due to numerous overseas deployments.

Hi mate! I saw you had to get certificates from the RMP when you applyed last year for the IEC, i just wanted to find out if you think i will need to get one also? I'm ex-serving and did two overseas deployments, or do you think i will be alright without one?

I've already got the ACRO police certificate.

Thanks!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

pitt is an unknown quantity at this point

Are the applications all gone for the IEC visa? Or is it just finished for people from Ireland?
Old Feb 4th 2013, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Kraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pitt
Are the applications all gone for the IEC visa? Or is it just finished for people from Ireland?
Just Ireland, UK isn't open yet.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pitt
Just Ireland as the UK one is not yet open. Even though the Irish one is showing no places Im betting that all will not qualify or go to stage 2 so there will be a few places left open.
This will also happen with the UK. Thousands of applications will be submitted at the stage 1 opening. Now how many will get to stage 2 and then be issued with LOIs is anyones guess.
Do not read this as the UK will exactly be the same process as the Irish one but it will be pretty close.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

saryfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe ours might open today?! keeping everything crossed for this week at least....
Old Feb 4th 2013, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

twist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh I see Ireland's site say that even though the quota is full they will allow more "supplementary" applications to allow for refusals or withdrawals... not that we didn't know that would be the case anyway
Old Feb 4th 2013, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Alec D is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by saryfairy
Maybe ours might open today?! keeping everything crossed for this week at least....
With reference to comments similar to the one above, is there not some sort of warning before the application process begins? I was under the impression we'd be given all the information for the IEC a week or two before applications were to start being accepted.

Otherwise people would need to be refreshing the page every ten seconds to find out if they're open yet. Is it not more likely that we'll be given a week of advanced warning? Anyone know if this happened with the Irish IEC?
Old Feb 4th 2013, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

otoro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kraven
Just Ireland, UK isn't open yet.
they're SERIOUSLY taking the piss now!!!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

twist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by otoro
they're SERIOUSLY taking the piss now!!!
It's a frustrating wait for everyone, and we are not the only country still waiting. They must have their reasons for not releasing them yet - and I'm pretty sure it's not that they think it would be fun just to piss everyone off.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Kraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to all

I got rejected last year due to a passport error and missed my chance so i've been waiting anxiously over a year for this, it is very frustrating. I want to get over there now!

A quick question, when they request proof of payment what is everyone going to do? Are you going to pay online through your bank or go to the actual bank itself?
Old Feb 4th 2013, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

I got rejected last year due to a passport error and missed my chance so i've been waiting anxiously over a year for this, it is very frustrating. I want to get over there now!

A quick question, when they request proof of payment what is everyone going to do? Are you going to pay online through your bank or go to the actual bank itself?
If you can, online payment is going to be the quickest and easiet. That's what I'll be doing.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

otoro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twist_freeride
It's a frustrating wait for everyone, and we are not the only country still waiting. They must have their reasons for not releasing them yet - and I'm pretty sure it's not that they think it would be fun just to piss everyone off.
ha! i reckon they are.

ok maybe not, but they could at least be LESS vague about the whole thing. it could be weeks before "shortly" happens.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Alec D is on a distinguished road

I got rejected last year due to a passport error ...
If you don't mind me asking, what sort of passport error? Naturally, no one wants to make mistakes this year as second chances are likely to be, well, slim given the rate of uptake.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

Quick check: if you're applying for your 2nd year you need to get a Police Certificate again right?
Old Feb 4th 2013, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michty6
Quick check: if you're applying for your 2nd year you need to get a Police Certificate again right?
Yes providing your previous one isnt still valid based on last years requirements. As the full requirements have not yet been posted nobody knows but if I was a betting man Id say one will be required.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.