International Experience Canada

Old Feb 5th 2013, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future
Default Re: International Experience Canada

The same thing might not apply to the UK......I do wish they'd post some sort of update though

Edit: I still reckon it's something to do with the unprecedented number of Irish applications though (hopefully, since then there's hope that it might open soon)

Last edited by kangoolari; Feb 5th 2013 at 12:53 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Alec D is on a distinguished road

Indeed let's not get too excited here, even if that's true that's only Germany's IEC, not everyone's.

I'm sure they'd have known before now if the initiative was going to be delayed as late as March, and wouldn't have said February. Ok so they missed February but as kangoolari says, that's almost certainly owed to the backlog caused by the extraordinary response to the Irish IEC opening.

The important thing to remember though is that the more we panic, the sooner the IEC will open. I read that somewhere.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Laura2109 is an unknown quantity at this point

The UK doesn't have a co-op term agreement with Canada like Germany does. So hopefully it doesn't apply to the UK since we only have the IEC visas whereas Germany has IEC, Co-op and young professionals. Fingers crossed!

I reckon the delay will be to do with the Irish visas too, they must be swamped going through them all!
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

maximpouska is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

maybe you calling the
https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...nwealth-office
too - for an answer - more infos - International Experience Canada (IEC) manages Canada’s youth mobility arrangements and agreements with different countries around the world. These arrangements and agreements make it easier for you to obtain a work permit to travel and work in Canada for up to one year. the w+t is just a part of the IEC and based on an "agreement" in UK too. sorry

Last edited by maximpouska; Feb 5th 2013 at 2:24 pm. Reason: more infos
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Just a note for all those panicking - the UK had a notice saying "Before feb 1st" where as Germany didn't specify a date (I believe). Remember that Ireland opened before us, as well as France, Chile and others so there's nothing to suggest Germany is going to open the same time we do.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

saryfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Generic response i just got when asking if the IEC would at least open in february....think someone else got the same email last week....just wish they could at least give us a rough timescale, would be so helpful in terms of handing in notice at current employment etc...

Dear Madam,

Please be advised that the United Kingdom International Experience Canada initiative will be opening shortly. At present we are unable to answer enquires relating to exact opening dates and time. If you are in a situation where you are already in Canada and your work permit will expire, please visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada at www.cic.gc.ca or call them at 1-888-242-2100 to evaluate your options. They also can be reached by email at [email protected].

We advise you to continue to monitor our website where an official announcement will be first made.

We understand your disapointment and thank you for your continued patience.

Sincerely,

The IEC Team

Have an IEC related question? Please check our detailed FAQ section on our website before emailing us:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/unite
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saryfairy
Generic response i just got when asking if the IEC would at least open in february....think someone else got the same email last week....just wish they could at least give us a rough timescale, would be so helpful in terms of handing in notice at current employment etc...

Dear Madam,

Please be advised that the United Kingdom International Experience Canada initiative will be opening shortly. At present we are unable to answer enquires relating to exact opening dates and time. If you are in a situation where you are already in Canada and your work permit will expire, please visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada at www.cic.gc.ca or call them at 1-888-242-2100 to evaluate your options. They also can be reached by email at [email protected].

We advise you to continue to monitor our website where an official announcement will be first made.

We understand your disapointment and thank you for your continued patience.

Sincerely,

The IEC Team

Have an IEC related question? Please check our detailed FAQ section on our website before emailing us:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/unite
Disappointment*
cmon IEC sort it out
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

maximpouska, was the original message in German (you said "translated via google")? If it is, maybe you could PM me the message (I speak German)?
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by otoro
Air Transat do one-way flights - I used them to move to Toronto. They were fine, I had no problem with them (then again I am only 5'2 so I don't need much leg room!) and they were super cheap.
Hiya - I'm due to fly to Toronto with Air Transat next Thurs - were you carrying a laptop with you? If so did they specifiy whether it was okay to carry it separately from your hand luggage or did have to be specifically inside it.....?

Thanks!
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

maximpouska is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kangoolari
maximpouska, was the original message in German (you said "translated via google")? If it is, maybe you could PM me the message (I speak German)?
Hi - did send a PM with the text and a link.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

otoro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jennika
Hiya - I'm due to fly to Toronto with Air Transat next Thurs - were you carrying a laptop with you? If so did they specifiy whether it was okay to carry it separately from your hand luggage or did have to be specifically inside it.....?

Thanks!
er... i had a handbag so i couldn't carry a separate bag asides from my carry on for my laptop. i had my laptop in my carry on as well as my PS3 and had to chuck a couple of things out cuz it was over 10kg -_- word of warning, they don't let you pay for excess baggage so make sure it's the correct weight cuz you don't wanna have to chuck yr laptop away.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

otoro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by acrylicus
Just a note for all those panicking - the UK had a notice saying "Before feb 1st" where as Germany didn't specify a date (I believe). Remember that Ireland opened before us, as well as France, Chile and others so there's nothing to suggest Germany is going to open the same time we do.
yeah this is just causing mass hysteria. let's try not to throw wild speculation out there cuz it's really not helping anyone!
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maximpouska
Hi - did send a PM with the text and a link.
Thanks

I don't think we should panic just yet - just because the German and Canadian governments haven't signed an agreement yet doesn't mean that the UK and Canadian governments haven't (or any of the other countries whose IEC programs aren't open yet). If the UK IEC page updates to say it's not opening until March (or later), then panic away

Edit: I forget the exact quote, but something like if you worry about things that don't happen, then you've spent time and energy imagining all these horrible possibilities. If what you worry about does happen, then all you've done is lived through it twice.

Last edited by kangoolari; Feb 5th 2013 at 3:09 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 3:22 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by otoro
er... i had a handbag so i couldn't carry a separate bag asides from my carry on for my laptop. i had my laptop in my carry on as well as my PS3 and had to chuck a couple of things out cuz it was over 10kg -_- word of warning, they don't let you pay for excess baggage so make sure it's the correct weight cuz you don't wanna have to chuck yr laptop away.

They dont let you pay for excess? I am hoping to bring an extra bag and pay the fee required.... surely this will be fine?
As there isnt any way to pre-book baggage with Air Transit ...
Old Feb 5th 2013, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

just checked the airtransat website, you can have a laptop with a carry on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.