International Experience Canada

Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

empirestate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Why did we have to be the ones to wait until the final day to start! haha We should have been one of those countries that started weeks ago!
Old Jan 30th 2013, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

saryfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by empirestate
Why did we have to be the ones to wait until the final day to start! haha We should have been one of those countries that started weeks ago!
So True!! Been waiting since autumn last year when the stupid website said they wud update their pages in 'Fall 2012' that clearly never happened and here we are at end of january one of the last countries to get in! I wanted to be there early this year,.....Not fair
Old Jan 30th 2013, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

TorontoBartender is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by saryfairy
Got a bit of a random question, maybe you folks could help me with, you know on the MyCic account thing (stage 2) it asks for an upload of a receipt for a medical- has anyone else got that on theirs or is that just cos im a nurse and therefore may need a medical to get out there (although i dont know why as dont plan to nurse out there just take a year out& do bar/shop work etc) I had a medical done for an OZ visa last month so hoping i can just upload the receipt from that? dont wana pay out another £310!
If you are planning to be a nurse or have a job involving children you need a medical - this was the requirement from the 2012 initiative.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Guys, If anyone is looking for a good travel insurance agent, I am going to go with Holiday safe after looking at their policy wording. It is £192 for a years policy for worldwide cover, which covers everything you need for the visa and more. It has £100 excess on the policy and lets you have two trips back to the UK (each time can be for 21 days) -all they require is you have lived in the UK for 6 months prior to taking the policy out.

Hope that helps that out for everyone still looking for good comprehensive travel insurance..
Old Jan 30th 2013, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by TorontoBartender
If you are planning to be a nurse or have a job involving children you need a medical - this was the requirement from the 2012 initiative.
Hi, I realise that but im not planning to nurse out there....my question was more about the myCic account that some people have started filling in, I wondered if other people have got a mandatory upload of a medical receipt on their account or if thats just me? Surely most people shouldn't need a medical so just wondered why it was one of the required documents on stage 2 (mycic account)??
Old Jan 30th 2013, 6:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I had a medical done for an OZ visa last month so hoping i can just upload the receipt from that? dont wana pay out another £310!
If you do need a medical, you'll need a new one as it must be done by a DMP and will be specific to CIC's requirements.

You can still apply for a standard work permit though if your there on IEC, both IEC FAQ and CIC say that, as long as your there on a work permit you can apply for a new one, essentially an extension.
You can apply for a standard work permit although it's a whole different type of visa, so hardly an extension! But if you get the job offer and LMO required, then yes, you can apply for a normal TWP.

Been waiting since autumn last year when the stupid website said they wud update their pages in 'Fall 2012' that clearly never happened
To be fair to CIC, they did update the website in Fall! The program didn't open then, but they never said it would.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

If you do need a medical, you'll need a new one as it must be done by a DMP and will be specific to CIC's requirements.

Well the one i had done for Oz was done by the same DMP as is recommended in the list on the IEC website- in fact i had mine done by the very doctor they specify in Central london- surely therefore that would suffice??
Old Jan 30th 2013, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys, If anyone is looking for a good travel insurance agent, I am going to go with Holiday safe after looking at their policy wording. It is £192 for a years policy for worldwide cover, which covers everything you need for the visa and more. It has £100 excess on the policy and lets you have two trips back to the UK (each time can be for 21 days) -all they require is you have lived in the UK for 6 months prior to taking the policy out.

Hope that helps that out for everyone still looking for good comprehensive travel insurance..
Hey thanks for the info - I had a look, seems alright! Do you know if it covers repatriation? I'm sure it will but I just didn't see it under the coverage (I need things spelt out to me :P )
Old Jan 30th 2013, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

laura_mc is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, only 2,951 Irish visas left since opening yesterday afternoon. Doesn't bode well for the UK visas :/

Looking at the Irish application process, it looks like the only documentation required for the first bit is a copy of passport and proof of payment of the fee. Is the UK process usually the same as the Irish?

Also there is a lot of talk about insurance, do you have to get this as part of the application? It's the only thing I hadn't really thought about just yet!
Old Jan 30th 2013, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes it does - sorry didn't specify repatriation because that is one of the requirements for the visa.. I think this is one of the best policies I have found after extensive searches.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wizardoffire
was checking out the post office website depending on which long term travel insurance you go for, it ranges from £390 to £450
looks like I will be shopping around
Post office one doesnt have repatriation though, i just looked at those
Old Jan 30th 2013, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Yes it does - sorry didn't specify repatriation because that is one of the requirements for the visa.. I think this is one of the best policies I have found after extensive searches.
Just looking at this one, And It says on the homepage the backpacker option includes repatriation, doesnt say the longstay option does...and I cant find any reference to it in the policy detail :-(
Old Jan 30th 2013, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just looking at this one, And It says on the homepage the backpacker option includes repatriation, doesnt say the longstay option does...and I cant find any reference to it in the policy detail :-(
I called the company earlier and asked if it did and woman assured all their Backpacker and Longstay policies include repatriation. The longstay also includes £10 million for medical costs. The backpacker policy is just a cheaper policy.. The normal backpacker policy, which is £130 for a year covers everything the IEC require, I just want a better standard of cover because it is only an extra £60.

Also guys just found this website where you can buy a canadian sim card for $29, which includes $10 airtime. I just don't want to take my UK sim card to canada because of the expense.

http://www.telestial.com/view_product.php?ID=LSIM-CA01

Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

alaskayoungx is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know how we pay the fee? Can it be done just with a card online or do we have to go through the bank etc.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

I presume it will be via bank transfer but I am sure they will give us a few options..

Maybe one of the Irish Applicants on this forum could answer this? I presume the payment methods will be the same or very similar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.