International Experience Canada

Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

AnntonetteC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Or, you're applying under the Irish program?! I assume so as you're at the payment stage.

Saryfairy, you can get a Kompass account if you really want one by going on to the Irish page of the site and doing it from there. Although there's little point until the UK program opens.
Indeed!! So any tips on the payment receipt? I know you're all experts
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

yeastery is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Or, you're applying under the Irish program?! I assume so as you're at the payment stage.

Saryfairy, you can get a Kompass account if you really want one by going on to the Irish page of the site and doing it from there. Although there's little point until the UK program opens.
I've filled out most of the forms there already, you don't think there's any danger in doing that right?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

saryfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats what i thought! had a look at the irish version although dont wana mess things up and have them thinking im applying as an irish candidate and give me the wrong WTN or anything......best not risk it I guess....I am just beyond tired of waiting for this thing to open!
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by saryfairy
Thats what i thought! had a look at the irish version although dont wana mess things up and have them thinking im applying as an irish candidate and give me the wrong WTN or anything......best not risk it I guess....I am just beyond tired of waiting for this thing to open!
I assumed not since you can specify your country of origin in the forms of the Kompass account, making me think it's the generic IEC Kompass signup that they will eventually link UK participants to when the program launches
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

TorontoBartender is an unknown quantity at this point

You cannot as I tried earlier getting a Kompass account through the Irish page but changed the country to the UK. I put all my details in but it said you cannot apply yet because our initiative has not opened yet. Therefore if you have a kompass account already you are applying through the wrong country!!
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

saryfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a bit of a random question, maybe you folks could help me with, you know on the MyCic account thing (stage 2) it asks for an upload of a receipt for a medical- has anyone else got that on theirs or is that just cos im a nurse and therefore may need a medical to get out there (although i dont know why as dont plan to nurse out there just take a year out& do bar/shop work etc) I had a medical done for an OZ visa last month so hoping i can just upload the receipt from that? dont wana pay out another £310!
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TorontoBartender
You cannot as I tried earlier getting a Kompass account through the Irish page but changed the country to the UK. I put all my details in but it said you cannot apply yet because our initiative has not opened yet. Therefore if you have a kompass account already you are applying through the wrong country!!
How do you mean you changed the country to the UK? where's the option to do that?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

empirestate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. IEC is not issued under Sec 204 of the Regulations, International Agreements. It is issued under Sec 205(b) of the Regulations reciprocal employment

International agreements

204. A work permit may be issued under section 200 to a foreign national who intends to perform work pursuant to

(a) an international agreement between Canada and one or more countries, other than an agreement concerning seasonal agricultural workers;

(b) an agreement entered into by one or more countries and by or on behalf of one or more provinces; or

(c) an agreement entered into by the Minister with a province or group of provinces under subsection 8(1) of the Act.

205. A work permit may be issued under section 200 to a foreign national who intends to perform work that

(a) would create or maintain significant social, cultural or economic benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents;

(b) would create or maintain reciprocal employment of Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada in other countries;

(c) is designated by the Minister as being work that can be performed by a foreign national on the basis of the following criteria, namely,

(i) the work is related to a research, educational or training program, or

(ii) limited access to the Canadian labour market is necessary for reasons of public policy relating to the competitiveness of Canada's academic institutions or economy; or

(d) is of a religious or charitable nature.
You can still apply for a standard work permit though if your there on IEC, both IEC FAQ and CIC say that, as long as your there on a work permit you can apply for a new one, essentially an extension.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:47 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

https://iec-eic.international.gc.ca/...ode=GB&lang=en ?

The irish one just IE for the region code.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by yeastery
How do you mean you changed the country to the UK? where's the option to do that?
it asks what your country of residence is when you signup
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by empirestate
it asks what your country of residence is when you signup
The citizenship field right? I put UK in there and it let me make the account
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by orly
https://iec-eic.international.gc.ca/...ode=GB&lang=en ?

The irish one just IE for the region code.
THATS CLEVER! ...but if you try you can put ANYTHING in there as a code the page works. like ZZ, so its not actually the UK page. I wouldnt make anything until were told its open

Last edited by empirestate; Jan 30th 2013 at 5:52 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

I should note that i was using a link that someone posted a few pages back... possibly it was orly who just posted that above. Didn't go via the irish IEC page
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

"System Error: please contact Administrator: Error Code 0120."

Getting that while trying to make a Kompass account with an altered URL for uk (country code GB instead of IE)
Old Jan 30th 2013, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Okay trying to login to my Kompass account and it isn't recognising my details. It's possible they have just deleted everyone that tried to sign up for a UK account to make it fair when it does launch, or for whatever reason. Recommending no one bother to do this and just waits for IEC to launch today or tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.