Jimmyjokerz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Still no word on when the 2013 will open yet?! Getting so annoying
Old Feb 13th 2013, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

lukedparker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
So she's been in the UK for 3 years? That's still too long to maintain her PR status, anything over 3 years would be (it's 730 days out of every 5 years to be precise). When exactly did she move to the UK and has she visited Canada at all since? If she's not quite done 3 years in the UK then she'll need to move back ASAP, when is she planning on going?

Outland you'd simply choose the right application pack and choose London as your visa office. Not sure when you lived in your previous home together, but if it wasn't recent (i.e. you don't have any recent bills with both names on etc), then you'll still need extra proof so start gathering stuff.

HTH.
Yeah its not quite 3 years. She moved in oct 2010. So shes got tine yet. And we have visited canda last year for 2 weeks. We plan on going over in may hopefully as long as the iec comes through by then. Erm we moved out in november. So we have bills up to that date. We also have bills in both our names eith our current address such as phone bills and bank statements. What else would you reccomend we gather? Any advice would be a big help
Old Feb 13th 2013, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Alec D is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jimmyjokerz
Still no word on when the 2013 will open yet?! Getting so annoying
Not so much as an inkling. It wouldn't be quite so annoying were it not for the apparent possibility of it opening with little or no advanced warning. Rest assured(-ish) this forum will light up when it does though.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 3:18 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lukedparker
No for some reason she is a perm res of canada and a uk citezen. She was going to apply for dual citezenship but never got around to it
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS apply for citizenship as soon as you're able to.

Collect passports and profit.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

KatRog is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: International Experience Canada

Hi I'm new here and after a little advise...

Me and my fiance have got bored of waiting for the IEC to open and decided to head out to Canada on 11th March as tourists.

We've only booked a one way flight with Canadian Affair and am worrying a little bit now that we need a return of some sort!

Our plan is to fly into Toronto, stay with some friends for a week or so in Kingston and then head over to America across the border (via bus). We are planning to travel around America on a ESTA until our IEC applications are accepted (fingers crossed) and then head back over to Canada.

Will we be OK boarding in the UK by just presenting a bus ticket out of Canada? Will we need a return to Canada ticket to get into the US?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Old Feb 13th 2013, 4:50 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by KatRog
Hi I'm new here and after a little advise...

Me and my fiance have got bored of waiting for the IEC to open and decided to head out to Canada on 11th March as tourists.

We've only booked a one way flight with Canadian Affair and am worrying a little bit now that we need a return of some sort!

Our plan is to fly into Toronto, stay with some friends for a week or so in Kingston and then head over to America across the border (via bus). We are planning to travel around America on a ESTA until our IEC applications are accepted (fingers crossed) and then head back over to Canada.

Will we be OK boarding in the UK by just presenting a bus ticket out of Canada? Will we need a return to Canada ticket to get into the US?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Its all down to luck really.... If you read the previous posts about other peoples views.....

I am actually flying to toronto tomorrow and I only had a single booked way back in November...
today I managed to find a cheap flight back to London around august time which I'll show if asked.. hopefully once im through... ill cancel it next week and claim my refund!
Old Feb 13th 2013, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

hryatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously open up IEC!

Nightmare here!

Currently in Canada on the IEC and it expires 6 weeks today! I'm currently working here in Toronto too, any help on what options I have would be appreciated!

I think the F5 key is broken!
Old Feb 13th 2013, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

spaynter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hryatt
Seriously open up IEC!

Nightmare here!

Currently in Canada on the IEC and it expires 6 weeks today! I'm currently working here in Toronto too, any help on what options I have would be appreciated!

I think the F5 key is broken!
I'm in the same position and just employed a lawyer to sort it out. If you are in a skilled profession (class O or Class A) you can get a temp work permit. For some professions you need a Labor Market Opinion but others you do not.

Anyway, if you have a job offer in the non LMO category you can literally walk up to the border and ask for a visa on the spot. Or if you have 6 weeks you can apply for a preapproved work permit. You will get an "opinion" back from CIC in about 30 days and a full response in about 60.

Obviously getting it preapproved is lower risk.

If you're not in a Class A or 0 job then you're probably in trouble. May be worth getting a Lawyers opinion though it'll cost you about $150.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lukedparker
Yeah its not quite 3 years. She moved in oct 2010. So shes got tine yet. And we have visited canda last year for 2 weeks. We plan on going over in may hopefully as long as the iec comes through by then. Erm we moved out in november. So we have bills up to that date. We also have bills in both our names eith our current address such as phone bills and bank statements. What else would you reccomend we gather? Any advice would be a big help
What else have you got? Wills/insurance naming each other as beneficiaries? Invites addressed to both of you as a couple? Named drivers on each others car insurance? Etc, etc. The more official, the better!

Originally Posted by KatRog

You do, if you're entering on a visitor visa. As said above, Canadian Affair are one of the airlines that have refused forum members boarding in the past for flying on a one way ticket without a visa to stay long term in Canada. From the Canadian Affair website -

"Can I purchase a one way ticket from the UK?

You can do so if you hold a valid Canadian passport or a work Visa. All other visitors will require a return ticket as Canadian customs may refuse entry
."

Originally Posted by spaynter
If you are in a skilled profession (class O or Class A) you can get a temp work permit.
Skilled is Level A, O and B. Don't forget the B! And a TWP can be got for any job, regardless of skill level - in fact, the lower skilled jobs (such as truck drivers) as often much easier to get as fewer Canadians want to do those jobs.

Anyway, if you have a job offer in the non LMO category you can literally walk up to the border and ask for a visa on the spot.
As long as you have the relevant paperwork, yep.

Or if you have 6 weeks you can apply for a preapproved work permit.
About 8-10 weeks is more the norm.

If you're not in a Class A or 0 job then you're probably in trouble. May be worth getting a Lawyers opinion though it'll cost you about $150.
Why in trouble? And most lawyers will do a free consultation to start with.

Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

I'm in the same position and just employed a lawyer to sort it out. If you are in a skilled profession (class O or Class A) you can get a temp work permit. For some professions you need a Labor Market Opinion but others you do not.

Anyway, if you have a job offer in the non LMO category you can literally walk up to the border and ask for a visa on the spot. Or if you have 6 weeks you can apply for a preapproved work permit. You will get an "opinion" back from CIC in about 30 days and a full response in about 60.

Obviously getting it preapproved is lower risk.

Much appreciated for the information. Just out of curiosity, how much is your immigration lawyer charging (not for consultation).

It's definitely in the Class A, B or 0.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else seeing this on the website?!?!?!?!?!!

http://puu.sh/221Vm/1bf7507ea5
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
What else have you got? Wills/insurance naming each other as beneficiaries? Invites addressed to both of you as a couple? Named drivers on each others car insurance? Etc, etc. The more official, the better!

You do, if you're entering on a visitor visa. As said above, Canadian Affair are one of the airlines that have refused forum members boarding in the past for flying on a one way ticket without a visa to stay long term in Canada. From the Canadian Affair website -

"Can I purchase a one way ticket from the UK?

You can do so if you hold a valid Canadian passport or a work Visa. All other visitors will require a return ticket as Canadian customs may refuse entry
."

Skilled is Level A, O and B. Don't forget the B! And a TWP can be got for any job, regardless of skill level - in fact, the lower skilled jobs (such as truck drivers) as often much easier to get as fewer Canadians want to do those jobs.

As long as you have the relevant paperwork, yep.

About 8-10 weeks is more the norm.

Why in trouble? And most lawyers will do a free consultation to start with.

Thank you!
Just Joined

Cumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant futureCumbrian7 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by acrylicus

Yes it seems like some sort of cruel joke
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by acrylicus

Yeah just seen it! COME ON!
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

yeastery is on a distinguished road

Oh weird. Maybe.... maybe they're gearing up to launch!! #falsehope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.