Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 9th 2008, 12:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by marvinc
After a busy month of viewings March, and then nothing in April at all........ we have a viewing next week it's only been 10 months
Fingers crossed for you. Haven't seen you online for a while.

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Nicwes I cant believe your weather is pants its GORGEOUS here and meant to be at least till next week.

Fly - I would try to do drastic action asap on your EA tell them your plans, say that you are giving in x amount of weeks then thats it you are pulling out completly. They will be desperate for the commission.

Im nearly as desperate for you to sell and come join me in Adelaide as you are yourself.
Thanks H. I am at the point of surrender. The house has been on the market a year. Our lives have been toatally disrupted for this time. I am stressed to hell. We have the viewers from yesterday and 2 other options. If none of these work out, we might as well hole ourselves up and sit out the crash. The flat is tenanted and the holiday flat is in preparation for renting as I have given up trying to sell those already. We have lost money hand over fist trying to sell them. The business has been run down and if we can't sell this house, we have to have an income. That means signing contracts and committing ourselves to work.

I have to phone the EA in a minute, so I might mention that we aren't desperate anymore..... visa has been extended for 18 months... (She won't understand all the validation stuff)

Spoke to our solicitor today who thinks the market will pick up in September. She thinks we should hold on until at least then. It's heart breaking, but what can you do?
Old May 9th 2008, 12:25 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

After a busy month of viewings March, and then nothing in April at all........ we have a viewing next week it's only been 10 months
Hey , good luck .
Old May 9th 2008, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Just saw this on the August thread. Good news for us really....

http://www.realestate.com.au/doc/rev...tm?from=review
cant see it here on the gold coast prices have gone mad, talk here is that prices will go up over 40% in next 3-5 years!!!!! best thing to do is sell cheap and leave in bank acc here as banks are offering 8.4% for 4 months!!!!!

goog luck

Fingers crossed for you. Haven't seen you online for a while.

Thanks H. I am at the point of surrender. The house has been on the market a year. Our lives have been toatally disrupted for this time. I am stressed to hell. We have the viewers from yesterday and 2 other options. If none of these work out, we might as well hole ourselves up and sit out the crash. The flat is tenanted and the holiday flat is in preparation for renting as I have given up trying to sell those already. We have lost money hand over fist trying to sell them. The business has been run down and if we can't sell this house, we have to have an income. That means signing contracts and committing ourselves to work.

I have to phone the EA in a minute, so I might mention that we aren't desperate anymore..... visa has been extended for 18 months... (She won't understand all the validation stuff)

Spoke to our solicitor today who thinks the market will pick up in September. She thinks we should hold on until at least then. It's heart breaking, but what can you do?
Dont think about september think for now, be positive it will sell i am sure
Old May 9th 2008, 2:42 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Well OH has just sacked our new so called Prestige EA so we now don't officially have our house up for sale anymore:curse::curse:

Went and bought the local paper and guess what, we weren't in it. OH rang them immediately and they said that it was a mistake by the paper. Barefaced liars as my DD works for the paper in advertising and there was no mistake made by them. They also apparently have not had brochures done yet as we had not signed the proof, we never got it:curse: He just said to them take it off the market and off the internet now, you have had your chance

We now have yet another "Prestige" agent coming tomorrow and we are also going to market out of the area with another one too.

I can't stand much more of this
Old May 9th 2008, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceys
cant see it here on the gold coast prices have gone mad, talk here is that prices will go up over 40% in next 3-5 years!!!!! best thing to do is sell cheap and leave in bank acc here as banks are offering 8.4% for 4 months!!!!!

Lets hope it slows down a bit. It's the same in Adelaide where we're going, but the continued interest rate hikes will have to slow things soon.

Dont think about september think for now, be positive it will sell i am sure
Thanks Spaceys - trying to be positive - I think I can last about a month...

Originally Posted by nickywes
Well OH has just sacked our new so called Prestige EA so we now don't officially have our house up for sale anymore:

Went and bought the local paper and guess what, we weren't in it. OH rang them immediately and they said that it was a mistake by the paper. Barefaced liars as my DD works for the paper in advertising and there was no mistake made by them. They also apparently have not had brochures done yet as we had not signed the proof, we never got it:curse: He just said to them take it off the market and off the internet now, you have had your chance

We now have yet another "Prestige" agent coming tomorrow and we are also going to market out of the area with another one too.

OMG!! Cheeky Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeps :curse::curse:

I am so mad for you.:curse: I don't blame your OH.

You know - I think they are all on their financial uppers - cash flow probs. It was in our local paper that 150 EAs have shut this year in South Wales alone.

Tell the ones coming that you have just sacked 2 agents and why - no ads etc. Put them on a warning - if they do the same, they are out of the door too.

My EA hasn't got back to me - as per... trying to get hold of tenant to tell them to call Water Board... was going to tell them that we have had visa extended and have more time to play with - looks like it will have to wait....hmmm
Old May 9th 2008, 3:08 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi N - As usual it has ruined my weekend again. I am bordering on giving up now and just don't know what to do next. OH has told the new one coming the exact score already in his very blunt way!! They want 1 1/4% and don't seem to want to budge on that so will say that will pay that if able to go to other agents outside the area.

Your EA sounds just as bad too. Do they not know how this affects us lot?
Old May 9th 2008, 3:10 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Well OH has just sacked our new so called Prestige EA so we now don't officially have our house up for sale anymore:curse::curse:

:curse: oh no .
Old May 9th 2008, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Gordon Brown trying to save his reputation and the next election, so he might do something radical...
Much as I don't want to think about it, I don't think there is anything Gordon can do about it. To stop the UK is going into a recession the BOE is going to have to make the £ strong. House prices is not top of their list.

On a lighter note, I was told this by a co worker today:-

If you haven't had many viewings, then the price is too high.
If you have had lots of viewings but no offers, then your house smells like someone has died in it.

I'm trying to work out which one my house comes under

Well done to all those that have accepted offers on their houses.
Old May 9th 2008, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by formula
Much as I don't want to think about it, I don't think there is anything Gordon can do about it. To stop the UK is going into a recession the BOE is going to have to make the £ strong. House prices is not top of their list.

Don't we know it

If you have had lots of viewings but no offers, then your house smells like someone has died in it.

Oh good grief, thank god I haven't had loads of viewers I don't really know where we fit in.

I have just become the most miserable bitch in a matter of hours
Old May 9th 2008, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi N - As usual it has ruined my weekend again. I am bordering on giving up now and just don't know what to do next. OH has told the new one coming the exact score already in his very blunt way!! They want 1 1/4% and don't seem to want to budge on that so will say that will pay that if able to go to other agents outside the area.

Your EA sounds just as bad too. Do they not know how this affects us lot?
I know Nicky - I feel the same as you. I haven't felt relaxed or confident since this house selling started.

If they will let you use out of area it might be worth it... we haggled ours down to 1% from 1 and a quarter. That was for 2 properties though - more bargaining power maybe? Can you get a short contract - 4 weeks for example? Then they have to work hard for their money?

PMSL. Ours must smell then, we've had 8 viewings in the last 3 weeks - which is good going - but no offers....

How's it going with you?
Old May 9th 2008, 3:41 am

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6329408]I know Nicky - I feel the same as you. I haven't felt relaxed or confident since this house selling started.

I totally agree with you, makes you feel awful doesn't it? If I wasn't bottle blonde I bet it would be grey by now

If they will let you use out of area it might be worth it... we haggled ours down to 1% from 1 and a quarter. That was for 2 properties though - more bargaining power maybe? Can you get a short contract - 4 weeks for example? Then they have to work hard for their money?

Was thinking of going to Enfield or N. London, which is only 20 mins drive but don't know if they would be that interested Worth a try.

PMSL. Ours must smell then, we've had 8 viewings in the last 3 weeks - which is good going - but no offers....

No, they just can't afford it
Old May 9th 2008, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

I have just become the most miserable bitch in a matter of hours
Sorry.
Old May 9th 2008, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

How's it going with you?
I'm not sure if I am smelly or overpriced

You would think that with 150 EAs closing a week, that they would be working harder. Has anyone worked out if it is best to go with a large EAs yet or stick to a smaller local one?

How do I multi quote?
Old May 9th 2008, 5:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I totally agree with you, makes you feel awful doesn't it? If I wasn't bottle blonde I bet it would be grey by now

LOL, I'm a bottle blonde too but the grey is making a bid for freedom!! I keep pulling them out, but they are multiplying!

Was thinking of going to Enfield or N. London, which is only 20 mins drive but don't know if they would be that interested Worth a try.

I'm sure it would be worth a shot. 20 mins commute is nothig if you live in a lovely place.

No, they just can't afford it
Aye, there's the rub - need some cashed up person to fall in love with it.

You would think that with 150 EAs closing a week, that they would be working harder. Has anyone worked out if it is best to go with a large EAs yet or stick to a smaller local one?

How do I multi quote?
Not sure. We moved from one with 2 branches to one with 4 branches. The only 'big' ones are Halifax - crap, Darlows - 2% non-negotiable, I'm sorry I'm not paying £16K commission. Peter Alan - had some bad experiences with them.

The agent we are with - spit :curse:- advertises on Rightmove, Primelocation, Fish4 etc, etc... That's why we went with them and we have had a lot of interest.
Old May 9th 2008, 6:10 am

Sorry.
Not your fault I'm a misery

How do I multi quote?
Our first was small and new, he worked for us but didn't really have much knowledge and then this one, would like to name but they are nationwide so don't want to get into trouble, just promise out of their a**ses and really do nothing much.

Ha ha, took me ages to learn how to quote and FA had to tell me twice too because I could not get the hang of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.