Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

christina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nicechristina225 is just really nice
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Bushman
Thats a bit naughty, poaching clients. Did you have them out to give you a valuation to start with?

Yes they came out to give me a valuation
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
ooh i got the 1000th post!
maybe it is my lucky day?!
i'm off to buy a lottery ticket now
You've already got an offer on your house, what more do you want????
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Guys,

I think I've managed to catch up with all your posts!!

Now I can bore you with my story of this afternoons' viewing....

Well, back in June, we accepted an offer on our house from this couple. Then they tried to push down the price further and after 3 weeks pulled out. Grr. On Monday, I had an email asking if the house was still for sale. I emailed back to say it was and we would consider a reasonable offer from them if they were still interested. Yesterday I had an email to ask if they could view again today.

Anyway, the woman came to view - the husband has NEVER been. She rushed around in 20 mins and seemed to have forgotten everything about the house. (If I was intending to buy a house I would remember more than she did.) Then she said she was going to see 2 more houses this afternoon. I couldn't get any information about why she wanted to come back to view apart from it was to refresh her memory. How I stayed civil and didn't punch her for letting us down I don't know!! :curse::curse:

I have come to the conclusion that she is an idiot. She doesn't know what she wants and her OH is just humouring her. So it was a waste of an afternoon not to mention all the time spent cleaning.

We have another couple who said they we very interested and were going to do their sums, but we haven't heard from them for a week. Do you think I should chase them and say we've been contacted again by the buyer who pulled out??? Or should I wait a few days to see if we get a new offer from this idiot woman??
i've learnt one thing from all this and its NOT TO WAIT, do what you've got to do today!
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

It seems to me as though everyone is suffering. My advice is if your not in a rush, hold out. If you are, then, well, eh.... your buggered!

Bushy the EA.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:31 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

I think I've managed to catch up with all your posts!!

Now I can bore you with my story of this afternoons' viewing....

Well, back in June, we accepted an offer on our house from this couple. Then they tried to push down the price further and after 3 weeks pulled out. Grr. On Monday, I had an email asking if the house was still for sale. I emailed back to say it was and we would consider a reasonable offer from them if they were still interested. Yesterday I had an email to ask if they could view again today.

Anyway, the woman came to view - the husband has NEVER been. She rushed around in 20 mins and seemed to have forgotten everything about the house. (If I was intending to buy a house I would remember more than she did.) Then she said she was going to see 2 more houses this afternoon. I couldn't get any information about why she wanted to come back to view apart from it was to refresh her memory. How I stayed civil and didn't punch her for letting us down I don't know!! :curse::curse:

I have come to the conclusion that she is an idiot. She doesn't know what she wants and her OH is just humouring her. So it was a waste of an afternoon not to mention all the time spent cleaning.

We have another couple who said they we very interested and were going to do their sums, but we haven't heard from them for a week. Do you think I should chase them and say we've been contacted again by the buyer who pulled out??? Or should I wait a few days to see if we get a new offer from this idiot woman??
not sure that i would want that woman buying my house - i could see her being a nightmare throughout the whole thing

might as well chase that other couple - cant remember if you are using an EA? if you are then get them to give them a call - they can make just a causal 'see how things are going' sort of conversation.

At least your house is tidy for the weekend - that is what i keep telling myself!
Adele
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

I think they are aloud to call you then. It's a bit desperate though!

Originally Posted by christina225
Yes they came out to give me a valuation
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:32 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

You've already got an offer on your house, what more do you want????
the 88 million would be nice too
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

If I win, I'll buy all your house's!

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
the 88 million would be nice too
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your advice guys, just going out on the school run. Be back later.

XXX
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:35 am
sneaking a peek ...

If I win, I'll buy all your house's!
sounds good to me

ok definitely going to log off now!!!! (i'll be back later)
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Last time the phone rang was at 13.05, it's just rang 1 half hours later. We are usually a busy agent. Is that telling you something guys???

Bushy the EA.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:42 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Last time the phone rang was at 13.05, it's just rang 1 half hours later. We are usually a busy agent. Is that telling you something guys???
nothing i dont already know,the market is dying on its arse at the moment

Lee
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Its just rang again and I jumped out of my witts! Oh it's just a home energy inspector to gain access to a property that needs a HIP.

Bushy the EA.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by christina225
Right, I have sole agency at 1% at the moment, do I go multi agent (2 agents) for 1.5%, what do you think?

Christina
I'm paying 1.6% for sole agency. can't hurt to have 2 EA's pushing for a sale but for me it would depend on what the % was in £'s
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Multi can be 3%, try and go for joint sole agency. Whoever sells gets the commission @ there going rate (1% / 1.5%).

Originally Posted by sloane46
I'm paying 1.6% for sole agency. can't hurt to have 2 EA's pushing for a sale but for me it would depend on what the % was in £'s

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.