Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Agreed!
Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Welcome to the thread

With the market the way it is at the mo i wouldnt refuse anyone at least a viewing. You might as well find out if a change of circumstances has made them rethink. I am not sure i would take my house off the market again for them tho - even if they do make an acceptable offer.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:11 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sloane46
My house has been on the market for 3 weeks tomorrow and no viewings. Phoned the EA yesterday to see if anyone had taken any details and they said no and of those they supposedly had on their books (56 after 3 bed in our price range) who the EA supposedly had texted and followed up none were interested Are the EA lying about people on their books?
I asked if it was our house/price/area and EA said market is slow at the moment and not much interest in any houses on the market in this area.
Just glad we have time on our side as we aren't planning to leave until June. Ok whinge over for this week.
Sounds like fibbing to me - i have to say that our first EA (complete waste of space that he was/is) said something very similar. Can you change EAs? If they are going to lie to you how are you ever going to know if they are telling the truth. We are having this very same problem - dont believe anything the bloke says anymore so it is just impossible to work with him.

Adele
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:17 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

While i was writing the above post i took my eyes off my three year old for 2 minutes and when i looked back he had drawn in felt-tip pen all over the dining room window and frame :curse:

aarrgghh!! I need this house selling thing to be over before i have some sort of stress induced seizure
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

While i was writing the above post i took my eyes off my three year old for 2 minutes and when i looked back he had drawn in felt-tip pen all over the dining room window and frame :curse:

aarrgghh!! I need this house selling thing to be over before i have some sort of stress induced seizure
How quick did he run
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like fibbing to me - i have to say that our first EA (complete waste of space that he was/is) said something very similar. Can you change EAs? If they are going to lie to you how are you ever going to know if they are telling the truth. We are having this very same problem - dont believe anything the bloke says anymore so it is just impossible to work with him.

Adele
Hi Adele
Are you able to change your EA? I have just phoned the EA and given them the required 2 weeks notice, they said I need to send a letter in as well. I have now got a new EA coming next week to give a valuation hopefully they will be better. The woman at the new EA said they have been quite busy at the beginning of September but that this week was slower but steady. Sounds a lot different to my original EA's its quiet all over doesn't it!

Sloane
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:30 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by daunted
How quick did he run
He resorted to his usual 'i wov you mammy' trick and then scarperd fast!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

I have rung EA and asked her to,
a) ring lady who made the offer and ask for another £5k
b) to ring guy from last night and ask if he is interested in puttin in an offer cos i am considering one. (figured if he is remotely interested he will, if he doesnt then he wasnt that bothered about buying it in the first place)

.........wish me luck
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww bless!
:curse:
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:33 am
sneaking a peek ...

Hi Adele
Are you able to change your EA? I have just phoned the EA and given them the required 2 weeks notice, they said I need to send a letter in as well. I have now got a new EA coming next week to give a valuation hopefully they will be better. The woman at the new EA said they have been quite busy at the beginning of September but that this week was slower but steady. Sounds a lot different to my original EA's its quiet all over doesn't it!

Sloane
They wanted two weeks notice of termination of contract - but agreed to let us go multi-agency immediately if we stayed on their books - so it was worth staying working on the theory that they were so rubbish at their job that they wouldnt get anyone else through the door anyway - and we were right

Our 'new' EA has been really good - just wish we had gone with them in the first place
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:35 am
sneaking a peek ...

b) to ring guy from last night and ask if he is interested in puttin in an offer cos i am considering one. (figured if he is remotely interested he will, if he doesnt then he wasnt that bothered about buying it in the first place)

.........wish me luck
sounds like an excellent plan to me. You might as well give them a bit of a push - if they dont go for it then they werent interested in the first place.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

.........wish me luck
GOOD LUCK
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Make your heart melt don't they
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:43 am
sneaking a peek ...

Make your heart melt don't they
i know what you mean
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=somme;5360489]I had the agent round doing the floor plan, picked wrong agent to sell my house still we have the next 6 weeks

Originally Posted by somme
They may want a bargin
Hi Somme, How did the agent mess up the floor plan???

You're probably right, they want a bargain. What they don't know is we have another couple interested and I hope to play the one off against the other.

Originally Posted by Issie
I think i would tell they to shove it......how dare they do that !! Sorry i am being very angry as it has happened to us ( pulled out at the last minute)

Oh and welcome to the forum
Hi Issie, Thanks for the welcome!

I was very tempted to tell them to get lost, but as I said, we have another couple interested, so hopefully a bit of healthy competition will work wonders!

Originally Posted by Bushman
Hmmm...... sticky one. Thier circumstances may have changed. get as much info out of your agent as possible. Politely question them if you are present whilst they are viewing, I would. Try not to negotiate on the price as they are interested, but if you have to, then negotiate hard but don't lose them.

Good luck.

Bushy
Thanks Bushy, I am doing the viewing myself, so I will get all the info I can! I reckon they found another house and it just fell through. Either that, or they think we are in a weak position. I will just keep repeating that we will rent it out if it doesn't sell and then put it back on the market when the market improves.

Originally Posted by Bushman
That means I've got to do some work. It's all about pricing. Hold out and wait, or just bite the bullet and go! Easy for me to say I know but how much money is 6 months of stress worth, or maybe longer.
We have already reduced our house by 3% which is the percentage the market has fallen around here. We will reduce it more if we get more desperate to sell - but don't tell anyone!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

COOOOEEEEEEEE!! Tis only me
Just a quickie - are there many of you who have or are going to sell before you have your visas??
All of sudden tonight it dawned on me that i could sell house and all the contents move into my friends for what i thought would be final months and then all of a sudden find i dont get teh visa Am i having a wibbly wobbly moment or is it something which needs more consideration. I have a CO, police checks done and meds signed for 2 sept but apart from that all is sssshhhhhhhh oh so quiet!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.