Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:52 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Apparently the 3g dongles do work in oz, as they have 3g there. Not sure if you can payg there but you can do online top ups anyway. But if not you can always sell it again on ebay. I tried mine and it worked fine same signal as mobile, probly work better in towns that out in sticks. Plus you can take your laptop anywhere and get internet! yay!

Hubby tried it for his online gaming (world of warcraft) and it works fine too so far not much lag. For £100 i think its cheaper than getting a new broadband connection as even ones on monthly contracts and no tie ins you need to pay for the equipment and we'd have to put in mother in laws name. Not looking forward to not having much privacy but its a shortt term thing.

Fly away we applied in august so visa could be here any time. Been offered one job in adelaide and another looks promising had email today to say they were impressed with me and are in discussions but now not sure what i want lol
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
My new pics from EA are up and running, will need to add them to the classifieds, not sure what the point is though now don't think I will hear anything through that.

Have finished my leaflets and i'm going to go out tonight to all the flats in the area that have been sold and put one through the letter box.

Worth a shot I hope.

Beginning to feel that its all disappearing I even considered doing a Beth last night, now she has put that idea in my head. :

But I know its just a temporary feeling.
Pics looking good Kaye.

It's a horrible feeling when you don't know when you'll sell or if you'll be trapped here.. Hold on tight hun and you will get an offer. It's a lovely house - cheap price, somebody will find it and fall in love.

Leaflet shot is well worth it! Stay positive.

Originally Posted by Gonnago
:curse:aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have just spoken to EA, he says they have the signed mortgage offer, but they need to clarify somethings on it with the lender, also they are still clarifying some details with the dropped kerb! That was sorted weeks ago, we agreed £1500 on completion, I am sooo pissed off.

I have just text our buyer and said she needs to give her conveyancer a big kick up the arse, if we dont exchange by Thursday we will miss Easter

Im soooo stressed! I just wish I could bypass agent and Buyer and speak to her solicitors myself but Im not allowed...:
AGHHH Hayles, I'm furious for you. They've had months to sort this stuff out...:curse: I'm sure it WILL happen - just not when you want it to - the b8ggers.

Sending you some Ks for good luck. Keep the dream...:

Originally Posted by somme
Sorry to hear you are stressed, try not to as it doesn't achieve anything but put your blood pressure up. The sun has been shining here today and a dip in the pool was lovely, just to keep you focused.
Hiya Somme - glad to hear that the pain is worth it.

I'm focusing on that pool.... hmmmm hmmm it WILL happen.

How are you - any news??
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Things are good, had a terrible spat of homesickness and wanted my old house and life back then went and sat at the beach after getting some groceries and thought what are you thinking. Renting isn't all that but don't want to buy yet. On the whole life is better and more relaxed.
That's good. It's not easy but worth it, should be our mantra. When are your children coming to visit? Are you still having your grandson for the 6 week holiday?

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
Apparently the 3g dongles do work in oz, as they have 3g there. Not sure if you can payg there but you can do online top ups anyway. But if not you can always sell it again on ebay. I tried mine and it worked fine same signal as mobile, probly work better in towns that out in sticks. Plus you can take your laptop anywhere and get internet! yay!

Hubby tried it for his online gaming (world of warcraft) and it works fine too so far not much lag. For £100 i think its cheaper than getting a new broadband connection as even ones on monthly contracts and no tie ins you need to pay for the equipment and we'd have to put in mother in laws name. Not looking forward to not having much privacy but its a shortt term thing.

Fly away we applied in august so visa could be here any time. Been offered one job in adelaide and another looks promising had email today to say they were impressed with me and are in discussions but now not sure what i want lol
YAY! 2 jobs - at least you won't have to worry about spending out, without an income. Chose the one which sounds more relaxed - that's why we're all going!!
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Things are good, had a terrible spat of homesickness and wanted my old house and life back then went and sat at the beach after getting some groceries and thought what are you thinking. Renting isn't all that but don't want to buy yet. On the whole life is better and more relaxed.
Oh Im glad its going well, I keep focusing on buying property but then when I sit back and think, it would be awfully nice to have the freedom of renting...we'll see. Enjoy the moment.

Where are you heading and when?
Going to Adelaide, hoping for June, but that is dependant on visa, we applied August with 30,000 other people so stuck in the horrendous backlog.:curse:

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b

well thats got to be worth £100 then. Fantastic news on the job. well done you
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Fly - hows your meds doing, mine are still at heathrow:curse:
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Summer is over and it is cooler but with temps still 29c in the day and 23c at night it still feels really warm to me but Aussie's are already wearing cardies, I kid you not.

I wish I had got rid of loads of stuff, now I am going to have to have a garage sale

Adalaide has had an awful heat wave for weeks now, hope Tiggs is coping OK.

Prices not dropping as quickly as Uk but more and more houses are for sale.

Thinking of putting our stuff into storage next Jan 09 and getting a campervan and taking 6 months to do some touring of Oz
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

That sounds like fantastic fun Somme

I was reading about the heat waves in Adelaide, I bet poor Tiggs is suffering.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

We would have got our visa's within 28 days of sending meds off if I hadn't have had to have extra tests, which was expected. So you could make your deadline
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

That sounds like fantastic fun Somme

I was reading about the heat waves in Adelaide, I bet poor Tiggs is suffering.
Our pool man comes from Adalaide and has moved up here because he says the weather has got more extreme over the last few years, really cold in the winter and summers unbearable. He is renting as he can't sell his house back there, come from small place in he country.

Poor Tiggs
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just checked and mone are still at Heathrow too. Although it could just be that they haven't updated the system yet. they could be midair and the first we know about it is when they land at Singers or Sydney.

Summer is over and it is cooler but with temps still 29c in the day and 23c at night it still feels really warm to me but Aussie's are already wearing cardies, I kid you not.

I wish I had got rid of loads of stuff, now I am going to have to have a garage sale

Adalaide has had an awful heat wave for weeks now, hope Tiggs is coping OK.

Prices not dropping as quickly as Uk but more and more houses are for sale.

Thinking of putting our stuff into storage next Jan 09 and getting a campervan and taking 6 months to do some touring of Oz ::
The campervan sounds like a great idea!! Put your money in the lovely high interest accounts that must be available and wait for a property crash. (I've just described what everyone in the UK is doing....)

Tiggs moved into her house last week - had a PM this morning. I hope it has A/C as the rental didn't! We were in Adelaide this time last year and it was 23-27 degrees - lovely. As you say Somme, the Aussies were wearing cardies though...

We would have got our visa's within 28 days of sending meds off if I hadn't have had to have extra tests, which was expected. So you could make your deadline:
Sounds possible! Gonnago has sent her extras with the meds, so there should be no delay.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

cambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant future

Hi Spaceys

Who are you flying with, we from Heathrow,Singapore Airlines, 22.05 flight.
thought best to fly night all way, arrive Bris 29th am.

chased EA today, asked how our potential buyers are doing, no further forward, but we have managed a 3 month holiday for our mortgage payments to ease the pressure.

Hope there is some news for you soon.

Good luck
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Well girls have to go to bed, weather has Adalaide as 38 tomorrow, 29 here, glad I have the pool Night all
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cambridge lot
Hi Spaceys

Who are you flying with, we from Heathrow,Singapore Airlines, 22.05 flight.
thought best to fly night all way, arrive Bris 29th am.

chased EA today, asked how our potential buyers are doing, no further forward, but we have managed a 3 month holiday for our mortgage payments to ease the pressure.

Hope there is some news for you soon.

Good luck
Good idea re the mortgage holiday.

Hope you get a sale soon.

Well girls have to go to bed, weather has Adalaide as 38 tomorrow, 29 here, glad I have the pool Night all
Night hun - sleep tight and don't let the mozzies bite...
Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:19 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

EA has just rang...we have a viewer

FTB so they are out there...its not til next Tuesday, but it gives me time to clean
Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by wardy2
EA has just rang...we have a viewer

FTB so they are out there...its not til next Tuesday, but it gives me time to clean
Woohoo!!! Well done - fingers crossed for you. See - just as you were losing hope....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.