Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Evening Lau - wind picking up now.

They've evacute some folks in Newport who are near to the sea, just in case. However, the worst is hitting the English South coast at the moment. Not sure if being on top of a hill is a good thing or bad thing... We definately won't get flooded out, but might get more of the wind.

Did you have a good weekend Lau?
Had an okay weekend... The weather has been HOT here.... 38 today!!!

Hope they don't have bad floods - the ones in Leeds and Gloucester last year were awful... The company I worked for had an office in Dewsbury and they were without water for over a week....

How did your weekend go???

Lau x
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:00 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lorna

We may have a mini meet coming up shortly me and a couple of girls of the other forum I go on, you have already met Kiki in Hartlepool.

The other one EM is over in Sunderland from the gold Coast attending a wedding.

Will let you know, just trying to delay it until nearer the time EM goes back, i've done my back and its a bit bad at the minute its an old pregnancy wound.

We are plaaning just to meet for coffee in the toon.

You would be more than welcome
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:04 am
get me to perth

dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about

Beth's extended signature;

Extended Signature:
Decided to Emigrate - 2005
Started Court Proceedings - July 06
First Court Hearing - Oct 06
Cafcass Interview - Nov 07
Second Court Hearing - Dec 06
Cafcass Interview - Feb 07
Appointed agent - Feb 07
Started Skills Assessment (IEA) - Feb 07
Third Court Hearing - Feb 07
Skills assessment sent - April 07
Cafcass Interview - April 07
Fourth Court Hearing - April 07
Court Order Granted to stop Contact with ex - April 07
Skills assessment approved - May 07
Fifth Court Hearing - May 07
Court Order to change daughter's surname - May 07
Got the 4 childrens' passports - May 07
Applied for SIR sponsorship (as a backup plan) - May 07
Booked IELTS Test - May 07
Started getting work references - June 07
Approved SIR sponsorship - June 07
Applied for Pre-Medical Report - June 07
IELTS Test sat - 07/07/07
IELTS Test passed (L - 9, R - 9, W - 8.5, S - 9, - Overall score 9) - 23/07/07
Cafcass Interview - July 07
Final Court Hearing - July 07
Court Order Grant for Removal From Jurisdiction - July 07
Residency Order Granted - July 07
Parental Responsibility Order Granted (for OH) - August 07
Last work reference finally back - Sept 07
Agent refused to submit online!!!! - Sept 07
Bank Manager certified all documents for free - 10/09/07
Submitted 175 online (ourselves!!) - 10/09/07
Payment taken - 10/09/07
TRN received - 10/09/07
Application Received, Processing Commenced (pre ack) - 10/09/07
PCC's sent for - 10/09/07
Application being processed further - 11/09/07
Sacked agent - 12/09/07
Appointed new agent - 13/09/07
Finished uploading all documents - 17/09/07
Pre-Medical Report back - 26/09/07 (Phew!!)
Meds & X-Rays done - 26 & 28/09/07
Case Officer (full ack)- 02/10/07
File Ref No - 02/10/07
Meds & Police Checks Requested by CO - 02/10/07
Meds sent to LCU by courier - 04/10/07
Meds received in LCU - 08/10/07
Police checks received by CO - 22/10/07
Meds Finalised - 30/10/07
Everything on Status Page changed to 'met' - 30/11/07
Visa Grant Dated - 30/11/07
Email with Visa Grant - 03/12/07

IF I CAN DO IT.....SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!! STAY STRONG AND DON'T GIVE UP.

Blinkin heck Beth, you've been through some stuff to get that visa, leave the door open hun.

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I cant believe after getting that buyer (w***er of one, but one none the less) they are giving up.

FA have you heard from her? Poor Beth they must be going through a lot right now..

Denise
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

[/COLOR]
Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Just thought I'd let you know that I've got cold feet about the big move..........and finally threw my towel in 2 hours ago.
We're not emigrating........staying here.
House is off the market (buyers will be fuming when they find out.......but sc*ew them!!!) and OH has emailed both job offers to decline them for personal reasons.
Going to take the girls to Disneyland USA later in the year, buy a new 7 seater car and huge plasma tv!!!!
Can't explain what made me decide....apart from being financially floored....LOL.....but I'm totally ok with it.
Won't be back on this site again as I know some of you will try to change my mind.
Really hope things work out for all of you.............and thankyou for all of your help and support this last year.
Signing out for good.......so no pm's please!!!!
Beth x x

Beth is this for real Keep expecting to see a post from you saying only joking
Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Originally Posted by wardy2
No need to apologise for ranting. I think its the only place we can whinge and rant I suspect people off this thread get sick of me talking about my house.

We have reduced by 10k on Saturday, but EA did put that up straight away thankfully.

They said it was a positive move not for me its not, but needs must.

A house very similar to ours was on the market round the corner for what we are asking now £189 k but it's a dump and needs modernising not sure what it eventually sold for though, if they had have seen mine they wouldn't needed to modernise it

never mind, hope this week picks up for everyone.
We have reduced by 30k and doesnt seem to be picking up We fly 2 weeks on Thursday so am concentrating on the packing at the mo. We are on with 3 EA's but when we go we just want 1 and go sole agency. Just hope it sells soooooooooooooooooon

Originally Posted by dcampbell
OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I cant believe after getting that buyer (w***er of one, but one none the less) they are giving up.

FA have you heard from her? Poor Beth they must be going through a lot right now..

Denise
Maybe just got cold feet now they have a buyer and have just decided that they dont really want to go.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Morning all,

Well, no winds as yet here in Cardiff - sunny and bright first thing. Clouded over now though and spotting with rain. We've got loads of big trees around us, so fingers crossed it doesn't get too windy and bring them down...

Off to our rental flat to meet the EA to take the piccies and measure up today. Typical, the flat has wonderful views of a lake - which is it's big selling feature and the weather is bound to be appalling for the photo.

Also our meds are due to be couriered today - guess they will be delayed too....

Thinking of you today Nicky - safe journey and good luck with the last treatment. Hopefully your nightmare will be over really soon.

Good luck Kaye - I'm sure you'll sell your house!!:

Beth, if you're reading this, we all know how you feel. Thinking of you
hun.
Good Luck with the rental flat, we now have sunshine here, hopefully you will have some soon for your pics.

Originally Posted by wardy2
No need to apologise for ranting. I think its the only place we can whinge and rant I suspect people off this thread get sick of me talking about my house.

We have reduced by 10k on Saturday, but EA did put that up straight away thankfully.

They said it was a positive move not for me its not, but needs must.

A house very similar to ours was on the market round the corner for what we are asking now £189 k but it's a dump and needs modernising not sure what it eventually sold for though, if they had have seen mine they wouldn't needed to modernise it

never mind, hope this week picks up for everyone.
Hi Kaye, thanks for this, it just seems that all I do is complain about the house or the EA. Good Luck with yours, kids break up Friday for Easter fingers crossed for some viewers soon.

Morning Tracy,

Feel free to have a rant. Those EAs need a kick up the bum.:curse::curse: Hope you can get through to them today. Useless numptys... they must know Monday AM is when people are trying to get through. When I worked at the Council, we actually had extra people on the phones on a Monday morning to cope with the rush.

Sending you Ks for good luck - all these things you've done must stimulate some interest.
Thanks for the K's, Our EA certainly needs a kick up the bum, Jason did speak to them, but they were desperate to get him off the phone, said would ring back, nothing as yet. We think they are sick of us now, well if that is the case I think we need to consider moving sooner than we had planned.

Originally Posted by spaceys
[/COLOR]

Beth is this for real Keep expecting to see a post from you saying only joking
Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

We have reduced by 30k and doesnt seem to be picking up We fly 2 weeks on Thursday so am concentrating on the packing at the mo. We are on with 3 EA's but when we go we just want 1 and go sole agency. Just hope it sells soooooooooooooooooon

It is such a lot of money, but if you do sell worth the loss, not long to go for you.

Maybe just got cold feet now they have a buyer and have just decided that they dont really want to go.

Tracy
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

indalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really nice

Just thought I'd let you know that I've got cold feet about the big move..........and finally threw my towel in 2 hours ago.
House is off the market (buyers will be fuming when they find out.......but sc*ew them!!!) and OH has emailed both job offers to decline them for personal reasons.
Going to take the girls to Disneyland USA later in the year, buy a new 7 seater car and huge plasma tv!!!!
Can't explain what made me decide....apart from being financially floored....LOL.....but I'm totally ok with it.
Won't be back on this site again as I know some of you will try to change my mind.
Really hope things work out for all of you.............and thankyou for all of your help and support this last year.
Beth x x

Oh, No, Beth, please at least validate your visa, you've worked so hard to get it, and been a tower of strength for so many, at least leave it open to give yourself thinking time, none of us would want you to make a decision you may later regret.

Thinking of you,

Louise xxxx
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really nice

I'm as gobsmacked as anyone about Beth and Andrew, but we need to respect there wishes about contact, it must have took a lot of guts to come to a decision like this.To Beth and Andrew if you ever come back onto this site and read these posts I wish you all the very best, thanks for all your help over the last few months and remember never regret anything you do in life, it doesn't matter where you live as long as your loved ones are with you.

Ian.....

Beth x x
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Im gutted to read Beth's news
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:35 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

morning guys
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Icarus
morning guys
What do you mean "Morning", it is nearly lunch time. Do you have any good news for us today, we could do with some??

Tracy
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:50 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
What do you mean "Morning", it is nearly lunch time. Do you have any good news for us today, we could do with some??

Tracy
i have no good news , all very odd & sad .

we've tipped the 10,000th post , so YAY
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Icarus
i have no good news , all very odd & sad .
Join the club Saw 5 cars looking this weekend but no viewings as yet:curse: Trying to stay positive, but struggling, Jason flies 3 weeks on Thursday

Tracy
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:55 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jasonmb

Tracy
My Meds are FINALLY on their way to Sydney, does that count?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:17 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by Gonnago
My Meds are FINALLY on their way to Sydney, does that count?
Thats good news H

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.