Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by suesk
Hi FA

Just noticed your meds are off good luck wont be long till u also get that golden email. Be fantastic if u and hayley got golden ticket on same day.

Suexx
Thanks Sue - I bet she gets her first because Augustees are getting theirs now. (Not that I mind.) Ours should be granted in April / May - so long as there are no new hold ups. We had a long stretch in the middle where SA was shut to sponsorship applications and we couldn't apply for the visa as SA was shut. However, our visa has quicker processing than Hayles. Does that make sense??? Good job we got delayed really as we haven't sold the house.

WHEN we sell, we'll try and get out there as quickly as possible. So I need someone to take over the Wales meets on short notice.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks Sue - I bet she gets her first because Augustees are getting theirs now. (Not that I mind.) Ours should be granted in April / May - so long as there are no new hold ups. We had a long stretch in the middle where SA was shut to sponsorship applications and we couldn't apply for the visa as SA was shut. However, our visa has quicker processing than Hayles. Does that make sense??? Good job we got delayed really as we haven't sold the house.

WHEN we sell, we'll try and get out there as quickly as possible. So I need someone to take over the Wales meets on short notice.
You better ask everyone in the next meet up then lol. Saying that i think all the ones there will be leaving around same time as you. Hopefully youll have a lot of newbies coming along to the next one. Pm some of the people from wales just in case they dont see the meet up page i used to.

Good luck

Suexx
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:49 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all

Just back from hospital, takes so bloody long as it has to be infused slowly but great that Paul wasn't so sick this time. Saw Consultant after and he told us that scans show all clear, fantastic news and now all that is left is check up in 3 months, scan in 6 months and then Oz take over care hopefully.
Absolutely awful drive along the M25, what is normally an hour journey took us two hours at 30mph most of the way. We argued most of it about which lane would be best to be in!!!

Well done on meds going off FA and Hayles.

Party definitely Hayley, Essex not too far from us.

Nicky xx
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:50 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Forgot to mention WE HAVE A VIEWING ON WEDNESDAY!!! Woo Hoo.
EA left message on answerphone while we were out.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:53 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi all

Just back from hospital, takes so bloody long as it has to be infused slowly but great that Paul wasn't so sick this time. Saw Consultant after and he told us that scans show all clear, fantastic news and now all that is left is check up in 3 months, scan in 6 months and then Oz take over care hopefully.
Absolutely awful drive along the M25, what is normally an hour journey took us two hours at 30mph most of the way. We argued most of it about which lane would be best to be in!!!

Nicky xx
That really is fantastic news, Nicky.

Considering we've all been hacked off today, there has been rather a lot of good news, albeit not house selling good news.

Well, the weather here is still awful. The winds did die down for about 30 minutes but now they've started up again. It has, however, stopped raining for about 5 minutes. Oops, shouldn't say that, it'll probably start again now.

Good luck everyone who's waiting for visas, house sales, exchange dates etc

J
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suesk
You better ask everyone in the next meet up then lol. Saying that i think all the ones there will be leaving around same time as you. Hopefully youll have a lot of newbies coming along to the next one. Pm some of the people from wales just in case they dont see the meet up page i used to.

Good luck

Suexx
Thanks - I've been doing that - I'll try and get all the Poms I Oz lot to come again. Although Roxymusic aren't flying out until Christmas.....

Hi all

Nicky xx
That's good news Nicky! You know, you have the most to moan about and you cope better than all of us.

The M25 was on the news showing the tailbacks - must have been stressful. The weather is fine here now... fingers crossed it stays that way for everybody.

The meds has cheered me up - plus some work stuff has started to get sorted at last and the road works have gone from our village at last.

YAY!!! Sending you Ks for good luck!! Great news for you!

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
That really is fantastic news, Nicky.

Considering we've all been hacked off today, there has been rather a lot of good news, albeit not house selling good news.

Well, the weather here is still awful. The winds did die down for about 30 minutes but now they've started up again. It has, however, stopped raining for about 5 minutes. Oops, shouldn't say that, it'll probably start again now.

Good luck everyone who's waiting for visas, house sales, exchange dates etc

J
I think we all got knocked for six by Beth last night. Made us all consider our positions a bit. Hope the weather stays OK Janine and fingers crossed you get some viewers really soon.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:17 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent , reel them in
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

This is great news, even better after the day you have had with the drive, (saw the news) so pleased that everything is looking good for Paul, fingers crossed that these are "THE" viewers for you

Tracy
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:41 am

Funny thing is Paul was going to ring EA and reduce by 50k rather than offer stamp duty deal. Glad we didn't get there first. Just don't know what to do, keep reading about reducing prices now rather than follow the market downwards (scare mongering) but something I believe will happen or believe that if it really wasn't priced sort of correctly would we even get people through the door. I was so excited the first viewer we had but now feel quite negative about it and just think about all the cleaning that I have got to do.

Nicky x
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Will keep everything crossed Nickywes Fab news

Wohoo Fly Away and Hayley !!! Meds off!!!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

cambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant future

Hi All

Well! Fly out 2 weeks on Thursday to Brisbane. House still on the Market, :curse:have had an offer, but the buyers need to sell there house. Have dropped our price to let them drop theirs to generate some more interest, but still very quiet. So looks like we will be going with house still on the market, unsold!!!!!!!:curse::curse::curse:

Hoping that last minute we will be in a better situation and they will have had an offer.

Hope someone has good news about their house soon!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by cambridge lot
Hi All

Well! Fly out 2 weeks on Thursday to Brisbane. House still on the Market, :curse:have had an offer, but the buyers need to sell there house. Have dropped our price to let them drop theirs to generate some more interest, but still very quiet. So looks like we will be going with house still on the market, unsold!!!!!!!:curse::curse::curse:

Hoping that last minute we will be in a better situation and they will have had an offer.

Will keep fingers crossed that it all works out to plan for you.

Nicky x
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Funny thing is Paul was going to ring EA and reduce by 50k rather than offer stamp duty deal. Glad we didn't get there first. Just don't know what to do, keep reading about reducing prices now rather than follow the market downwards (scare mongering) but something I believe will happen or believe that if it really wasn't priced sort of correctly would we even get people through the door. I was so excited the first viewer we had but now feel quite negative about it and just think about all the cleaning that I have got to do.

Nicky x
Sounds like karma... This might be the one...

I know what you mean about dreading viewings now. It exhausts me cleaning this house - I get no help. At least we will be cleaning with a purpose - will keep us going. I have DD's parent's evening tomorrow night so will probably turn up all sweaty and grubby after cleaning all day.

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Will keep everything crossed Nickywes Fab news

Wohoo Fly Away and Hayley !!! Meds off!!!
Thanks SW - just logged into the tracking screen and they're still in Bristol, haven't even left the country yet.

Hope you're OK and working your way down the to do list.

Originally Posted by cambridge lot
Hi All

Well! Fly out 2 weeks on Thursday to Brisbane. House still on the Market, :have had an offer, but the buyers need to sell there house. Have dropped our price to let them drop theirs to generate some more interest, but still very quiet. So looks like we will be going with house still on the market, unsold!!!!!!!:

So sorry to hear this is happening. Fingers crossed that it works out. I'm sure if your buyers are determined they can find a way.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Nicky x
I know what you mean about the market, and looking at price, we have just been looking at http://www.mouseprice.net/ to see how our house is priced in comparision to what this site suggests. Quite interesting

The cleaning will be worth it when they buy

Tracy
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
I know what you mean about the market, and looking at price, we have just been looking at http://www.mouseprice.net/ to see how our house is priced in comparision to what this site suggests. Quite interesting

The cleaning will be worth it when they buy

Tracy
Hi Tracy

I wouldn't mind the cleaning if nobody came home for the rest of the day but as soon as they step through the door it looks messy!! I get no help either, they apparently don't see the mess they tread over.

Nicky x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.