Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by cambridge lot
Hi Spaceys

Who are you flying with, we from Heathrow,Singapore Airlines, 22.05 flight.
thought best to fly night all way, arrive Bris 29th am.

chased EA today, asked how our potential buyers are doing, no further forward, but we have managed a 3 month holiday for our mortgage payments to ease the pressure.

Hope there is some news for you soon.

Good luck
Hi Cambridge lot

We flying from Heathrow also with Singapore but on the 11.00 flight arriving in Brisbane 28th at 19.35. We decided it better to arrive in the evening so that we only have a couple of hours til we go to bed. Last time we went to Oz we arrived in the morning and it was v hard to stay awake all day
Your situation sounds just like ours We have arranged a 6 month holiday for our mortgage just found out this morning so that gives us until October, just hoping it sells before then
Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:35 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Woohoo!!! Well done - fingers crossed for you. See - just as you were losing hope....

Thanks FA my guardian angel always seems to be looking after me and turns up when I need them most.

Hope you get some viewers soon.

Kaye x
Old Mar 11th 2008, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hear about your problems.

We lost a buyer back in August because they kept trying to haggle us down. We negotiated a price £35K under asking and then dropped a further £40K for them but they wanted more.:curse: We thought they were taking the P and said we wouldn't drop any more. Then they pulled out. After all that, the cheeky moo had the nerve to book another viewing and I had to be nice to her. GRR.

It is a pain and now we've been on the market another 6 months BUT they would have been a nightmare. As you said, you get a feeling about people. they would have had the shirts off our backs if they could. :curse:
Exactly, we did keep telling ourselves not to get our hopes us as we knew she'd been a pain but it's still like having all the stuffing knocked out of you
Old Mar 11th 2008, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by somme
Summer is over and it is cooler but with temps still 29c in the day and 23c at night it still feels really warm to me but Aussie's are already wearing cardies, I kid you not.

I wish I had got rid of loads of stuff, now I am going to have to have a garage sale

Adalaide has had an awful heat wave for weeks now, hope Tiggs is coping OK.

Prices not dropping as quickly as Uk but more and more houses are for sale.

Thinking of putting our stuff into storage next Jan 09 and getting a campervan and taking 6 months to do some touring of Oz
Hi, nice to catch up with you and see what your up to, seems no time at all since we were trying to arrange a meet up over here in the UK. Six months off travelling sounds wonderful
Old Mar 11th 2008, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wardy2
EA has just rang...we have a viewer

FTB so they are out there...its not til next Tuesday, but it gives me time to clean
Well Done - Fingers crossed for you, know what you mean about cleaning though
Old Mar 11th 2008, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

Not been on here for a few days so can't possibly catch up

Good to hear of viewings

Dead quiet here, nothing for 4 weeks now
3 fence panels came down in the wind, next door's responsibility, don't look like they have any intention of doing anything about it so will let our dog wander around their garden, chase their cats, and poo on their lawn - hopefully that will hurry them up to fix it!
So maybe its just as well that we have no viewers, along with the fact that the house is a mess, I was so fastidious a few weeks ago, keeping it spotless, and hiding all things useful, just in case, but now its gone back to being a normal house with 4 people and a dog!!

Sam
Old Mar 11th 2008, 4:12 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

FTB so they are out there...its not til next Tuesday, but it gives me time to clean
Good Luck Kaye
Old Mar 11th 2008, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

cambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant future

Spaceys

I didn,t fancy the A380 also when we booked, so stuck with the 747.

Our mortgage holiday should just be right, so the house [B]will[B] be sold when that ends and we are free to buy. We are lucky to be staying with family for a few months so settling in and getting everything sorted without too many other hassles.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 4:29 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Good news, Wardy.

Let's hope we all get some good news this week.

J
Old Mar 11th 2008, 4:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks FA my guardian angel always seems to be looking after me and turns up when I need them most. hope you get some viewers soon.

Kaye x
Thanks Kaye. I always seem to get a stroke of good luck when all look bleak too.

Originally Posted by marvinc
Exactly, we did keep telling ourselves not to get our hopes us as we knew she'd been a pain but it's still like having all the stuffing knocked out of you
I know, it's a horrible feeling. I wonder if these people consider what they are doing to us.

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi everyone

Not been on here for a few days so can't possibly catch up

Good to hear of viewings:

Dead quiet here, nothing for 4 weeks now
3 fence panels came down in the wind, next door's responsibility, don't look like they have any intention of doing anything about it so will let our dog wander around their garden, chase their cats, and poo on their lawn - hopefully that will hurry them up to fix it!
So maybe its just as well that we have no viewers, along with the fact that the house is a mess, I was so fastidious a few weeks ago, keeping it spotless, and hiding all things useful, just in case, but now its gone back to being a normal house with 4 people and a dog!!

Sam
Sorry to hear you haven't had a viewing for a long time. I let the house go to pot between October and Christmas as we had no viewings. It was a relief but also a nightmare to get back to show condition again. Fingers crossed you get some viewings soon - supposed to be the best time of year...

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Good news, Wardy.

Let's hope we all get some good news this week.

J

Fingers crossed for all of us!
Old Mar 11th 2008, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hayles, my meds took off from Heathrow at 14.37. (Only 30 hours after being collected. Don't rate DHL much.) The Dr said they should be delivered on Wednesday - but I can't see how that can happen as it is a 24 hour flight.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Mine are still in Heathrow apparently - Dont rate TNT much either:curse:....have to say my visa application went DHL and they delivered well for me.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Great news Wardy fingers crossed for you.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Mine are still in Heathrow apparently - Dont rate TNT much either:curse:....have to say my visa application went DHL and they delivered well for me.
Bummer - I hope they are just late updating your page - mine took 2 hours to update after it took off.

Well, I feel like the worst Mum in the World. I booked for the EA to come tomorrow during last week. On Friday a letter came home from school saying the kids were singing at the cathedral tomorrow afternoon. Guess who can't go now. DD upset. She comes home from school and wants to paint and of course, I tell she can't tonight because the EA is coming to take photos tomorrow and I've spent all day cleaning the house. So now she's pulling all her toys out in the playroom... haven't the heart to stop her. Poor kid, she's had to suffer this rubbish for the 10 months the house has been on the market.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 7:03 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Bummer - I hope they are just late updating your page - mine took 2 hours to update after it took off.

Well, I feel like the worst Mum in the World. I booked for the EA to come tomorrow during last week. On Friday a letter came home from school saying the kids were singing at the cathedral tomorrow afternoon. Guess who can't go now. DD upset. She comes home from school and wants to paint and of course, I tell she can't tonight because the EA is coming to take photos tomorrow and I've spent all day cleaning the house. So now she's pulling all her toys out in the playroom... haven't the heart to stop her. Poor kid, she's had to suffer this rubbish for the 10 months the house has been on the market.
Evening all hope everyone is OK today.

Good luck for tomorrow Nic and for Tuesday Wardy. Our EA just rung to say that viewer can't make it tomorrow now but wants to come Thursday instead. Was supposed to see niece then but just said OK just give me time to clean again. I always seem to be changing my plans to suit others.

I have cleaned till my hands hurt today and I stink of dettol and tomorrow morning was just going to shine it all (you know what I mean) and now by Thursday it will need a whole lot more again. I am becoming the bitch from hell in this house but it just takes so much time to get it show house perfect.

Could be a lot worse and not have anyone coming I suppose.

I wish I could get organised like Hayles. I have so much paperwork and sorting to do here but just can't get enthusiastic about it. We are going to buy one of those big metal bins and set fire to it all rather than shred, cos it takes too long.

Nicky xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.