Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

the whinging pom , bars open

the whinging pom , bars open

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the whinging pom , bars open

Originally Posted by sarab40
Law actually FA, but sometimes she says that maybe she would just go out to the workplace and learn on the job, and do day release, so at this moment she is undecided..

Going to Melbourne only, as my friend is there, so excited
Sounds like she has ambition. I know nothing about Law courses, but I do know that I left school after A levels and worked for a year as i didn't know what i wanted to do. Working was such a shock that I went to uni quick smart the next year!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:27 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Sounds like she has ambition. I know nothing about Law courses, but I do know that I left school after A levels and worked for a year as i didn't know what i wanted to do. Working was such a shock that I went to uni quick smart the next year!
She hates the idea of not having money, but hates the thought of working!!!! But dont we all??!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

She hates the idea of not having money, but hates the thought of working!!!! But dont we all??!!!
That's true! The advantage of working for a year is that I saved up some money and had a bit more to spend than other students. I also worked all the holidays and had another year out to earn some more between yrs 2 and 3. Finished in credit with own car and rather lovely rental house. So this could be an option for her too.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:16 am
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

That's true! The advantage of working for a year is that I saved up some money and had a bit more to spend than other students. I also worked all the holidays and had another year out to earn some more between yrs 2 and 3. Finished in credit with own car and rather lovely rental house. So this could be an option for her too.
Shes a nightmare..just spends it....a trait from her father i think!!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Shes a nightmare..just spends it....a trait from her father i think!!
Ah! I think she should take the working option then. Otherwise you will be bailing her out all the time.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Hey girls!

Well, lovely dinner, salmon with a tomato & pepper sauce, the bithday boy's choice!

Choc birthday cake! Bang goes the diet for today

Boys in bed & peace is restored
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Hey girls!

Well, lovely dinner, salmon with a tomato & pepper sauce, the bithday boy's choice!

Choc birthday cake! Bang goes the diet for today

Boys in bed & peace is restored
That sounds lovely! Did the birthday boy have a good day?

We still have half a chocolate birthday cake in the kitchen calling my name.

Hope you're feeling better too.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds lovely! Did the birthday boy have a good day?

We still have half a chocolate birthday cake in the kitchen calling my name.

Hope you're feeling better too.
I think he did! Dad took him out to look at bikes & lunch at MacD's! He was given a new version of Uno which they have been playing all day too. he went to bed with a big smile on his face anyway, love him

I still have the pain in my chest but have stopped feeling queasy so could enjoy the dinner

So, what 6 keynote dishes does your OH have in his repertoire?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think he did! Dad took him out to look at bikes & lunch at MacD's! He was given a new version of Uno which they have been playing all day too. he went to bed with a big smile on his face anyway, love him

I still have the pain in my chest but have stopped feeling queasy so could enjoy the dinner

So, what 6 keynote dishes does your OH have in his repertoire?
Well, that sounds like a fun day for a small boy. I presume he doesn't have too many ill effects from his op.

I bet you were pleased to stop feeling sick. Nothing worse, you don't feel like doing anything.

LOL. OH's six keynote dishes are;
Curry
Chilli
Pasta and sauce

(These three are the same with different spices added.)

Scrambled eggs on toast
Bacon, sausage and eggs
Sandwiches

I suppose that is quite a lot.

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, that sounds like a fun day for a small boy. I presume he doesn't have too many ill effects from his op.

I bet you were pleased to stop feeling sick. Nothing worse, you don't feel like doing anything.

LOL. OH's six keynote dishes are;
Curry
Chilli
Pasta and sauce

(These three are the same with different spices added.)

Scrambled eggs on toast
Bacon, sausage and eggs
Sandwiches

I suppose that is quite a lot.

Is he interested in cooking?
My OH does have chef qualifications, albeit many moons ago! But he does love being creative. He likes Jamie Oliver but always tends to use a recipe as a guide & adapt it as he goes along. I love it when he cooks, just wish it was more often!

Last edited by Sally Simpson; Jan 23rd 2008 at 9:13 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Is he interested in cooking?
My OH does have chef qualifications, albeit many moons ago! But he does love being creative. He likes Jamie Oliver but always tends to use a recipe as a guide & adapt it as he goes along. I love it when he cooks, just wish it was more often!
He's interested in eating not cooking. I was always the one who got creative in the kitchen, so he never had the chance to develop his skills. Now I can't be bothered to cook very often so he cooks to survive.

You are a lucky woman to have a chef in the house!! Will he have more chance to exercise his cooking muscles in Oz?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

He's interested in eating not cooking. I was always the one who got creative in the kitchen, so he never had the chance to develop his skills. Now I can't be bothered to cook very often so he cooks to survive.

You are a lucky woman to have a chef in the house!! Will he have more chance to exercise his cooking muscles in Oz?
Oh, he is definitely the barbie king so that would be a big yes!!!!
In the summer, we try to barbie a lot & will def do that in Oz. I make salad, he gets to sweat over hot coals (or gas in our case!)
Do you barbie much?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, will leave a few quid behind the bar if anyone else wants a drink but I am off!
Night FA & everyone else!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh, he is definitely the barbie king so that would be a big yes!!!!
In the summer, we try to barbie a lot & will def do that in Oz. I make salad, he gets to sweat over hot coals (or gas in our case!)
Do you barbie much?
Not really! We bought a really expensive gas BBQ and used it twice in 4 years! Can't remember the last time we had a piece of meat..... (I don't eat meat anyway) I guess we'd better start practising!

We both like really spicy food - Thai etc. So we eat a lot of stir fry, currys etc. I used to make my own cury paste - roasting the spices, grinding them and making the paste. That's why I find my OH's currys funny.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, will leave a few quid behind the bar if anyone else wants a drink but I am off!
Night FA & everyone else!
Night SC - sorry to miss you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.