Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Oct 8th 2009, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by navigatoru
really?

you are joking. I don't think that your name could be the problem

maybe anything else ... i don't know what ...
As i said, its a hunch. Only the CO knows the exact problems. No joking mate. My name has 27 characters, almost as long as the alphabet list.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:12 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by INDOAUS
As i said, its a hunch. Only the CO knows the exact problems. No joking mate. My name has 27 characters, almost as long as the alphabet list.
I am curious to know your name...Have you tried your luck with "Guinness Book of records"?
Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
I am curious to know your name...Have you tried your luck with "Guinness Book of records"?
Others have longer name than I am.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

bilaln30 is on a distinguished road

The CO has to consider all that all the relevant migration regulations are fulfilled before granting the visa. Some of these regulations require considerable time to finalize for some applicants. I think only DIAC knows the multitude of checks that needs to be fulfilled before granting the visa. I have a hunch the problem is that my long name can not be fully printed on several important docs (exceed charater limit), so DIAC needs to check them more carefully.
Dear INDOAUS,
My and ur timeline is almost same. What is ur present status? I am on MODL with VIC SS. My medicals have been finalized. What's the update of ur side?
Bilal
Old Oct 9th 2009, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

vandm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 176 visa changes now 5th on list

Originally Posted by toddsim
I have just heard that anyone doing the 176 visa who is not the CS List is now down to 5th position. This really sucks. It looks like we now have to wait until end of 2012 for processing. Anybody else in the same boat.

The big question is. Is it really worth it. I am in the middle east and wondering wether to go to another country, say Canada.

Si
you dont have a choice mate, as there are no refunds. so either you forget the money you have spent for applying and look elsewhere or just stick around.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Duncan_Mc will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Because any Government's first priority is - I submit - to look after the interests of its own citizens.

And when circumstances change at relatively short notice - as they have done globally - a Government does what it considers necessary to look after its own first.
I don't think that spoiling migration program from its basis can benefit somebody in Aus apart, maybe, immi minister.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

siddiqui.indian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Susan Wareham McGrath
Hi Petroda

Yes, here's a further extract that relates to processing times:

Q10 How long will it take for my application to be finalised if my nominated occupation is on the CSL?
If you have applied for an onshore or offshore GSM visa and your nominated occupation is on the CSL, it is estimated that your application will be finalised within 12 months from your lodgement date.

Q11 My application does not fall into one of the priority categories. When can I expect to have my application finalised?
If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an offshore GSM before the end of 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be finalised before the end of 2012.

If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you applied for an onshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an onshore GSM before the end of 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be finalised before the end of 2011.
Your ‘nominated occupation’ is the occupation you nominated at the time you lodged your application and cannot be changed.

Q12 If my nominated occupation is not on the CSL can I still receive priority processing?
No. If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL your application will not be prioritised.

Please do not contact the Department to request your application be exempt from the priority processing Direction. Case officers must adhere to the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship’s priority processing Direction.

Q17 I already have a State and Territory nomination, how am I affected?
All GSM applications, other than a Subclass 476, 883 and 887 are subject to the priority processing arrangements under the Minister’s Direction. Applicants who are nominated by a State or Territory and have nominated an occupation on the CSL receive the second highest priority. Applicants who are nominated by a State/Territory and have not nominated an occupation on the CSL will receive lower priority.

Best regards
Susan
Hey susan,
I applied the visa in August 2008, and still there is no decision from immi. dept.....
I am on csl...Electrical Engineer....
Its more than 13 months that i have applied.....
Can u put some light into this?
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siddiqui.indian
Hey susan,
I applied the visa in August 2008, and still there is no decision from immi. dept.....
Its not Susans job to comment on your case, but if all you say is true I'd expect that you're currently undergoing background checks and since you've front loaded everything the first thing you might hear is a visa grant.

Good luck, but don't hassle agents you haven't paid anything to.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

imaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by siddiqui.indian
Hey susan,
hey siddiqui. i've been waiting 22 months, and no one can even give me some light i guess we need to buy some candles

you're not alone mate....
Old Oct 10th 2009, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

m3appy is an unknown quantity at this point

so anyone else like me with a CO, docs and medicals finalised but not on CSL and a potential wait till who-knows-when?
Old Oct 10th 2009, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Dennis74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dennis74
*snip*

Point two is, specific applications in the pipeline were canceled (by CIC) and a refund was paid to the applicants.

*snap*
It may be silly to quote myself but I need to correct this.
Correction: Please ignore this statement, it's nonsense. shafanm, you were right - already lodged applications had not been affected by the changes.

I'd better do my homework now ...
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

jains005 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no use attacking op as that won't change oz immigration policy. The best thing is to wait patiently and try to work alternative solutions. All in all, think positive.

I do agree the rule changes were unjust to those negatively affected, yet OZ Govt has no obligation to process our visa under certain time period. DIAC only mention estimated time period. The oz govt is trying to protect the jobs of their constituents, which I believe is understandable.

We would also expect our govt to do the same if these issues araised in our home countries.
i disagree with you. Recession has been on for last one year. DIAC used to make changes in the immi rule based on how it betters or worsens. still they have a moral obligation to introduce the changes causing minimum shock to the applicants.
How can you justify holding the visa of someone who was about to get it. each one will have different sad stories to say about it. I would call this a breach of human rights.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

jains005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by m3appy
so anyone else like me with a CO, docs and medicals finalised but not on CSL and a potential wait till who-knows-when?
hopefully there will be some action taken as it is a clear injustice
Old Oct 10th 2009, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jains005
i disagree with you. Recession has been on for last one year. DIAC used to make changes in the immi rule based on how it betters or worsens. still they have a moral obligation to introduce the changes causing minimum shock to the applicants.
How can you justify holding the visa of someone who was about to get it. each one will have different sad stories to say about it. I would call this a breach of human rights.
We don't have a human right to an Australiav visa, so it can't be a breach of rights.

But I do think it is immoral for DIAC to hold onto visa applicant fees for years on end without doing any work. And I don't care that we knew it was non-refundable, it is immoral and no other organisation I can think of would get away with it.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 7:35 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

My second language skills are non-existent, so I really don't have the right to say this, but, how the Hell do half the people in this thread pass the English language test?

Watching my native tongue being mauled to death is hilarious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.