Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

jains005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

is there any group in australia who object this new rules?
what is the response of the states to this new change?
i think they are still in need of professionals to whom they gave sponsorship. all together there are only 40 professions in CSL. many are affected by this new change and a huge amount is made dead-money all over world.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED...
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all
Default Changes from 23rd September-processing times

We have been granted state sponsorship and our meds have been requested - which we have booked for next week.

Just heard from our agent that because our nominated occupation is not on the CSL, we have been moved down the list for processing since the changes on 23rd September.

We originally expected (all being well with meds) to have our Visa sometime in December at the latest, given that our meds are next week.

Our agent says that we should still receive it in December - although of course he can't give any guarantees. I'm in a bit of a panic because reading through the new guidelines they seem to be talking about 12 month processing times. Anybody else in the same situation?
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

why this change is not announced yet? is the minister looking at it for some changes. I really believes he has to. otherwise it will shuffles and shakes the foundation of lives of many.
to make a change in the rule he just needs to understand the life of poor people like me. there are people who borrowed to pay the agent and the DIAC. now in this position have to say to bank to wait till the end of 2012. It is almost like property is lost.
months back minister promised visa to people who have ss and now when it's the time get it....... a hammer hit on the top of head...
expecting a merciful move from the minister...
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Was Non-CSL Applicant pending until 3 years later?

Originally Posted by gamesover
From the current info collected, CSL applicants are processing to who lodged on March/April of 2009. Why non-CSL even with state nomination has to wait for 3 years to be finalised?
I really cannot get through, who eats the time, 3 years - 0.5 year = 2.5 years?
My case already stepped into last stage since CO required my HOC & PCC in Aug of 2009. I already settled them down and sent to DIAC before Sep. It seems they are useless now. Even no one will compensate the related fees.
good to hear this. but csl people will keep applying and COs may wait to touch the non csl apps till the last one. may be thats the reason they say 3 years. we have no role in this buddy

Last edited by jains005; Oct 1st 2009 at 3:55 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

gamesover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changes from 23rd September-processing times

you are really wrong.

Per latest rule of priority, your case will be pending until the end of 2012!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately the announcements did indicate that non-CSL applications are unlikely to be completed before 2012. I believe this take immediate effect, so CO's will not finish off the non-CSL cases they are already working on.

I would recommend you challenge your agent on what they are telling you as it would seem a waste of time and money going for medicals next week on this basis.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

everyone please hold to the best hope... hopefully there will be positive news from the minister.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all

Oh no, is that even with us having WA state sponsorship?
Old Oct 1st 2009, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by khz2007
Mr.ALL, suggest please, Applied August 2007, NON CSL What would u do if u are in my position, from a third world country, invested all your life savings with a family to support…The immigration website says good life… come live here in Australia… and you do go ahead…

Where did u find the Australian government responding…??? Only when they were subjected to the media…???? When the students in Melbourne and Sydney were attacked and no action was taken by the police… They did respond… The Prime Minister of Australia responded… And also came to India... Chris Evans came to India and …almost the governor or Victoria Mr. Brumby wanted to come to India…….. Why??? Because they saw that if we do not do PR now there will be a shortage of applicants in student visa applications… and this is their 3rd largest income…

Similarly my dear friends … we will have to raise the issue of disparity done to us. And this will help speed our applications…
I request u all to write to TIMES NOW, Australian News Channels (ABC), CNN, The Herald, BBC, India Today, and all other media web sites u can write 2…
Make your story as real with all the facts … as they are all facts… Let the world know what this Australian Government is doing with your applications and with your money… They will respond because this is what they fear… Losing money for their people and faith in front of the world.

Please tell me -- what happens if DIAC says that they will need another 2 – 3 years more to process your application after 2012…??? Because the migration act Article 51 of 1958 says that the minister has all the rights to process all applications as he deems fit…

Do not be afraid… Write to the media and make this“Breaking News”…The Australian minister and the government have swindled us… I am attaching here a post by Mr. James Cameron a registered migration agent… Please read this…

"If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an offshore GSM before the end of 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be finalized before the end of 2012.
Your ‘nominated occupation’ is the occupation you nominated at the time you lodged your application and cannot be changed."

This puts a minimum of 2 to 3 years processing timeframe for non CSL applicants - even ones that have applied before the CSL changes. For some applicants this will be 4 years. How on earth will case officers be able to assess work experience claims 4 years after the event?
In all my years in the legal profession and as a migration agent, I would have to say that this new CSL policy is the most ridiculous, backwards thinking, ill-conceived and illogical policy i have ever seen. Shame on the Minister for Immigration for dreaming up this ridiculous policy.
And another ---
in any event, it will be some months until we know what will be happening. but in any event it looks like they are set on implementing the critical "delay" list.

Have a review right and will have to wait around forever for an answer on their applications. It will be good business for immigration lawyers in MRT work - as I anticipate that many applicants will be unreasonably refused by case officers assessing work experience 3 or 4 years after it should have been assessed. I feel sorry for that offshore applicant who won’t
it’s completely barbaric to treat people this way.

Dear friends, let us come together and expose this barbaric action by the minister… Do not get bogged down by the situation… I know that we all have applied for a dream… and we all want this dream to come true. We are all genuine people who want to pursue a dream and live a good hard working life.
Do come forward--- write to all the media houses and I hope that we will achieve something… If u think this will jeopardize ur application than write anonymously… Let us do this at least and then we will see-- what next… I hope” Times Now” or some other channel will expose this. Come forward …and let us not get bogged down with some Mr. CHRIS EVANS who himself was a migrant if I am not wrong…

Please do respond if this is to harsh a suggestion..
not a bit less......
Old Oct 1st 2009, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

povar81 is an unknown quantity at this point

It came as a shock to us when we came to an agent a couple of days ago and he told us this depressing news. Just when we were finally ready to start the process. He said that our case will only be reviewed no sooner than in 2013!
Four years? But why? I thought the crisis was over or at least almost over.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Phew, I have spoken to our agent again and it seems the changes will have very little effect on our timescale.

Having state sponsorship is still priority processing despite not being on CSL.

Fingers crossed there will not be any other changes.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by povar81
Four years? But why? I thought the crisis was over or at least almost over.
Not sure I believe that by a long way. Doesn't mean that the immi rules won't change (either for better or worse), but personally I would not put one penny on the crisis being anywhere near over I'm afraid!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

alesak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunshine7
Phew, I have spoken to our agent again and it seems the changes will have very little effect on our timescale.

Having state sponsorship is still priority processing despite not being on CSL.

Fingers crossed there will not be any other changes.
I am sorry to say it, but you agent is probably wrong take a look here :http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...processing.pdf Q11 and Q12

Q11 My application does not fall into one of the priority categories. When can I expect to have my application finalised?
If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an offshore GSM before the end of 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be finalised before the end of 2012.

Under the Ministerial Direction, the following processing priorities (with highest priority listed first) apply:
1. applications from people who are employer sponsored under the ENS and the RSMS
2. applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government and whose nominated occupation is listed on the Critical Skills List (CSL)
3. applications from people who are sponsored by family and whose nominated occupation is listed on the CSL
4. applications from people who are neither nominated nor sponsored but whose nominated occupation is listed on the CSL
5. applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government whose nominated occupation is not listed on the CSL
6. (i) applications from people whose occupations are listed on the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL) and
(ii) applications from people who are sponsored by family and whose nominated occupation is not listed on the CSL.
7. all other applications are to be processed in the order in which they are received.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Would we not be in the priority category 5 though, being SS but not CSL?
Old Oct 1st 2009, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

alesak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunshine7
Would we not be in the priority category 5 though, being SS but not CSL?
Yes that is true, but take a look into linked document and processing timeliness in Q11...
I think there could be slightly incorrect answer in the document and every prioritized applications should be finalized in 12 months, but if it is correct in the document> no CSL means no finalization before the main part of CSL applications are finalized

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.