Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

VanAxel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by khz2007
Mr.ALL, suggest please, Applied August 2007, NON CSL What would u do if u are in my position, from a third world country, invested all your life savings with a family to support…The immigration website says good life… come live here in Australia… and you do go ahead…

Where did u find the Australian government responding…??? Only when they were subjected to the media…???? When the students in Melbourne and Sydney were attacked and no action was taken by the police… They did respond… The Prime Minister of Australia responded… And also came to India... Chris Evans came to India and …almost the governor or Victoria Mr. Brumby wanted to come to India…….. Why??? Because they saw that if we do not do PR now there will be a shortage of applicants in student visa applications… and this is their 3rd largest income…

Similarly my dear friends … we will have to raise the issue of disparity done to us. And this will help speed our applications…
I request u all to write to TIMES NOW, Australian News Channels (ABC), CNN, The Herald, BBC, India Today, and all other media web sites u can write 2…
Make your story as real with all the facts … as they are all facts… Let the world know what this Australian Government is doing with your applications and with your money… They will respond because this is what they fear… Losing money for their people and faith in front of the world.

Please tell me -- what happens if DIAC says that they will need another 2 – 3 years more to process your application after 2012…??? Because the migration act Article 51 of 1958 says that the minister has all the rights to process all applications as he deems fit…

Do not be afraid… Write to the media and make this“Breaking News”…The Australian minister and the government have swindled us… I am attaching here a post by Mr. James Cameron a registered migration agent… Please read this…

"If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an offshore GSM before the end of 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be finalized before the end of 2012.
Your ‘nominated occupation’ is the occupation you nominated at the time you lodged your application and cannot be changed."

This puts a minimum of 2 to 3 years processing timeframe for non CSL applicants - even ones that have applied before the CSL changes. For some applicants this will be 4 years. How on earth will case officers be able to assess work experience claims 4 years after the event?
In all my years in the legal profession and as a migration agent, I would have to say that this new CSL policy is the most ridiculous, backwards thinking, ill-conceived and illogical policy i have ever seen. Shame on the Minister for Immigration for dreaming up this ridiculous policy.
And another ---
in any event, it will be some months until we know what will be happening. but in any event it looks like they are set on implementing the critical "delay" list.

Have a review right and will have to wait around forever for an answer on their applications. It will be good business for immigration lawyers in MRT work - as I anticipate that many applicants will be unreasonably refused by case officers assessing work experience 3 or 4 years after it should have been assessed. I feel sorry for that offshore applicant who won’t
it’s completely barbaric to treat people this way.

Dear friends, let us come together and expose this barbaric action by the minister… Do not get bogged down by the situation… I know that we all have applied for a dream… and we all want this dream to come true. We are all genuine people who want to pursue a dream and live a good hard working life.
Do come forward--- write to all the media houses and I hope that we will achieve something… If u think this will jeopardize ur application than write anonymously… Let us do this at least and then we will see-- what next… I hope” Times Now” or some other channel will expose this. Come forward …and let us not get bogged down with some Mr. CHRIS EVANS who himself was a migrant if I am not wrong…

Please do respond if this is to harsh a suggestion..
My Meds have been received and finalised and set to expire on Dec 09.... and I honestly do not know if my application will be approved by this time I do not know.. I will be extremely pissed off if asked to re-do cos of this absolutely dumb and foolish rules those clown keep coming up with as its going to mean another $1000+ for meds for my whole family to undertake again.

Not just Chris Evans; there are also other Ministers Penny Wong from Malaysia who are immigrants... try telling them to wait 3-4 yrs to get their PR... John Howard got the immigrations policies spot on... Rudd Govt just came in and fked everything up!

I'm not happy!!!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

bilaln30 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
It's ok to say pushing for state sponsored for all but what about those of us who originally applied SS, we still have to wait another 3 years. I have had SS for nearly 2 years already, and was reasonably expecting to be finalised in the next 3 months, why push us to the bottom of the list.

Johnnyyt
Hold your horses and you would get visa. Did u get the call for medicals and PPC?
Old Oct 1st 2009, 5:13 am
Just Joined

khz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by VanAxel
My Meds have been received and finalised and set to expire on Dec 09.... and I honestly do not know if my application will be approved by this time I do not know.. I will be extremely pissed off if asked to re-do cos of this absolutely dumb and foolish rules those clown keep coming up with as its going to mean another $1000+ for meds for my whole family to undertake again.

Not just Chris Evans; there are also other Ministers Penny Wong from Malaysia who are immigrants... try telling them to wait 3-4 yrs to get their PR... John Howard got the immigrations policies spot on... Rudd Govt just came in and fked everything up!

I'm not happy!!!
same here friend, our meds are already expired and also our Police clearance certificates( PCC-are valid for 6 months), My agents says cant help. must wait. collectively we should raise this issue inour forums and in the media.

But, what illogical decisions made by the department of Migration. In the name of economy they are playing with our future. The real recession will now come for Universities in Australia and the registered migration agents(MARA) who are based in India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Vietnam,China and all third world countries. Applicants from these countries not just go there to study. They have migration in mind. And students will now chose among the courses which are only on CSL . And not everyone is a engineer, Dentist or a IT guy. Let us hope that these people understand the blunder they have done to the economy of their country. I Think the real pressure will come from these sources and hope they rectify the mistakes they are doing.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Leedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone,

I got my visa today, so the whole system hasn't ground to a halt.

Keep the faith.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:32 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr. VanAxel,

What's upto you?
See your post below:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...69#post7955969

In that post you already got PR few months back and now working as a taxi driver? On which ground you are lying? What you wana prove?

Let me tell you one thing. Some Jerks will take you guys as an example and will point to all people from one particular place...Better Keep thins thing in mind...

Originally Posted by VanAxel

I'm not happy!!!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
Mr. VanAxel,

What's upto you?
See your post below:

In that post you already got PR few months back and now working as a taxi driver? On which ground you are lying? What you wana prove?

Let me tell you one thing. Some Jerks will take you guys as an example and will point to all people from one particular place...Better Keep thins thing in mind...
From now on I'll just call you Aman P.I.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:28 am
Just Joined

oasis23598 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a SS applicant with MODL,CSL and 3 months Concessional English Course.

At my online status----
IELTS English Test Report Results(its avg. 6)---Met
And
Evidence of English language training ---Met

Any one can tell me............ will i get Priority???
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oasis23598
I am a SS applicant with MODL,CSL and 3 months Concessional English Course.

At my online status----
IELTS English Test Report Results(its avg. 6)---Met
And
Evidence of English language training ---Met

Any one can tell me............ will i get Priority???
Q10 How long will it take for my application to be finalised if my nominated occupation is on the CSL? If you have applied for an onshore or offshore GSM visa and your nominated occupation is on the CSL, it is estimated that your application will be finalised within 12 months from your lodgement date.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:40 am
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
Mr. VanAxel,

What's upto you?
See your post below:

I think you failed to detect a note of sarcasm in van axel's post
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by freebo
Q10 How long will it take for my application to be finalised if my nominated occupation is on the CSL? If you have applied for an onshore or offshore GSM visa and your nominated occupation is on the CSL, it is estimated that your application will be finalised within 12 months from your lodgement date.
thanks a lot for your answer. but I am also state sponsored. then will i get 2nd priority?
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by oasis23598
thanks a lot for your answer. but I am also state sponsored. then will i get 2nd priority?
I don't know everything about you but as far as I understand it a 175 CSL applicant with State Sponsorship is 2nd on the list. In fact if you are all of these things and have a valid application in now, I would have expected you to already have a case officer, lots of people at priority 4 have been given them in the last week.

I'm no expert, this is only from reading what I've seen on these forums and I may well be incorrect.

Last edited by freebo; Oct 1st 2009 at 10:57 am.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by freebo
I don't know everything about you but as far as I understand it a 175 CSL applicant with State Sponsorship is 2nd on the list. In fact if you are all of these things and have a valid application in now, I would have expected you to already have a case officer, lots of people at priority 4 have been given them in the last week.

I'm no expert, this is only from reading what I've seen on these forums and I may well be incorrect.
thanks. yes i got co.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

imaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really nice

Some ray of hope? Let's see....

01 October 2009

Australia migration conference to be held next week

Australian migration, of particular how those who emigrate to Australia can live, work and study, will be discussed in Melbourne next week as part of a national migration conference.

The Migration 2009 Conference, to be held October 8 to 11, will be attended by migration advice professionals, lawyers, Commonwealth and state government agencies, skills assessment authorities, education providers, and community and refugee organisations.

CEO of the Migration Institute of Australia, Maurene Horder, said the conference is attracting a range of professionals who are at the forefront of the Aust ralian immigration debate.

"Immigration policy has been going through unprecedented change. People’s lives are being affected by the many recent amendments to all classes of visas. This conference will explore the economic and social impacts,” Ms Horder said.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Duncan_Mc will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by imaxx
"Immigration policy has been going through unprecedented change. People’s lives are being affected by the many recent amendments to all classes of visas. This conference will explore the economic and social impacts,” Ms Horder said.
These are the words of a little hope for us. At least I hope so.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

gamesover is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Was Non-CSL Applicant pending until 3 years later?

From the current info collected, CSL applicants are processing to who lodged on March/April of 2009. Why non-CSL even with state nomination has to wait for 3 years to be finalised?
I really cannot get through, who eats the time, 3 years - 0.5 year = 2.5 years?
My case already stepped into last stage since CO required my HOC & PCC in Aug of 2009. I already settled them down and sent to DIAC before Sep. It seems they are useless now. Even no one will compensate the related fees.

Last edited by gamesover; Oct 1st 2009 at 2:25 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.