Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Oct 1st 2009, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all
Default Re: Changes from 23rd September-processing times

Q11 refers specifically to applications which do not fall into any of the priority categories though, and State Sponsorship does fall into priority category 5, so hopefully we should be okay.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

alesak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunshine7
Q11 refers specifically to applications which do not fall into any of the priority categories though, and State Sponsorship does fall into priority category 5, so hopefully we should be okay.
Did you read it? Answer is:

If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an offshore GSM before the end of 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be finalised before the end of 2012.

However you are right that S/S is category 5 . We don't know how many applications fall into CSL category. So it is possible that they will go quickly through all CSL applications and after a few months they will continue on S/S applications. It is more acceptable for me as I don't think there will be enough CSL applications for them for whole next year.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by bilaln30
Hold your horses and you would get visa. Did u get the call for medicals and PPC?
Yes we have a request from case officer to complete meds and police clearances in March 09.
We also had to wait for our new baby to be born before meds as per DIAC guidlines. We have completed meds, police clearences, new passport for baby-needed this to get meds done- verified photos and biometric page of passport, birth certificate, and form 1022 for notice of changes to add new baby to application.

We have already been 'down prioritised' once already since we submitted in March 08, 457 visa applicants got prioritised so we, on a state sponsored 475, didn't get a case officer till March 09, and then only after rule changes to give state sponsored priority, and still we didn't get a case officer by the date promised.

By the end of the year we will have had state sponsorship for 2 years.

It was reasonable to expect our application finalised by the end of 2009.

We have unexpectedly sold our house to a dream buyer, for an unexpected price. I will have to take our house off the market tomorrow and cancel the sale so that a waste of £400 for the HIP.

I was also offered voluntary redundancy this week, I had to decline it as who knows when we will get to go. This chance will not be repeated so I have missed out on just over £20,000. This would have helped offset the poor exchange rate.

Our meds and police clearances will probably expire so more money to spend again.

We just told the parents that we may be gone by christmas- they always knew we were going but they still got upset. We haven't told them of the delays yet.

We are ready to go after a long visa journey, we started in February 07.

It's more than frustrating to face another possible delay till 2012 till our file may be looked at again.

I sound like a bloody whinging pom......................

Johnnyyt
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

It may be of interest (or not) to some but this is an email I received today from case officer :-

Dear Sir/Madam ( note not even addressed to my name)

Thank you for your e-mail.

The ASPC is developing procedures to process applications in accordance
with the new Government Direction that has been announced effective 23
September 2009. (Please see website).

CSL cases will be given the highest priority and that is where the ASPC
will be focussing its attention. Once the ASPC has established processing
arrangements for CSL cases, we will be in a position to provide further
advice, which, hopefully can be done by the end of October 2009.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Yours sincerely
xxxxxxxxxxxx

So we may hear more in November ...............

Johnnyyt
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all
Default subclass 175 processing time increased ?

Hi,

I am a little confused here..

people applying for 175 (having CSL points) seem to be getting visa within 1 year of lodging the application. But reading from below link of DIAC site, it says 15 months ?!

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-you-lodge.htm

Any clarification by anyone ?
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: subclass 175 processing time increased ?

Originally Posted by oliman
Hi,

people applying for 175 (having CSL points) seem to be getting visa within 1 year of lodging the application. But reading from below link of DIAC site, it says 15 months ?!

It seems to be old informations which doesn't reflect changes from 23th September....
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by alesak
It seems to be old informations which doesn't reflect changes from 23th September....
Then what are the timelines for subclass 175 ( having csl ) if DIAC website contains old info ????
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Then what are the timelines for subclass 175 ( having csl ) if DIAC website contains old info ????
I have seen that table with same information before 23th September...

Take a look at Q11 in this document http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...processing.pdf
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alesak
I have seen that table with same information before 23th September...

Take a look at Q11 in this document http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...processing.pdf

Thats a releif...too bad DIAC website has old and misleading info....it should be updated soon after decisions are made by official body
Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thats a releif...too bad DIAC website has old and misleading info....it should be updated soon after decisions are made by official body
I think, the problem is about who made the decision, it was not made by DIAC, so it takes some time to update all informations on their site...
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Leedelta
Hi everyone,

I got my visa today, so the whole system hasn't ground to a halt.

Keep the faith.
Congrats Leedelta on your visa grant. What county is Ballyheigue in?
Old Oct 1st 2009, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

VanAxel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
Mr. VanAxel,

What's upto you?
See your post below:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...69#post7955969

In that post you already got PR few months back and now working as a taxi driver? On which ground you are lying? What you wana prove?

Let me tell you one thing. Some Jerks will take you guys as an example and will point to all people from one particular place...Better Keep thins thing in mind...
Aman, where are you from? Obviously we have got VERY different backgrounds in way of the English language. Have you ever heard of the term "sarcastic"? No one's lying here... you just got the facts messed up in your head!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 11:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

DIAC tends to quote a worst case secnario figure - for instance they advise a Spouse Visa MAY take 8 months, but often they only take a few weeks.

No-one, including DIAC, can give an exact timeline, so by quoting a worst case figure, if you get your visa quicker its so much to the good.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

Tommy Gun will become famous soon enough

Don't understand it all. My friend has passed his skills test, applied for State Sponsorship for WA, and has been told to take his medical, and forward his Police Checks in the next few weeks. Does this new ruling set him back? If so, for how long? Cheers.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sunshine7
Phew, I have spoken to our agent again and it seems the changes will have very little effect on our timescale.

Having state sponsorship is still priority processing despite not being on CSL.

Fingers crossed there will not be any other changes.
Don't beleive everything what agent says,

Being onlyo SS will not make you application priority. sorry to be blunt, but that is the fact.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.