Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Wikiposts

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Nov 20th 2009, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

I think OZ is fast losing its appeal as the most favourite destination of skill migrants, ( atleast for non CSL ).
Old Nov 20th 2009, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by shafanm
I think OZ is fast losing its appeal as the most favourite destination of skill migrants, ( atleast for non CSL ).
I heard on the Radio last week that Australia might have to buy New Zealand anyway, Their economy is not great.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 3:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
I heard on the Radio last week that Australia might have to buy New Zealand anyway, Their economy is not great.
That has to get Rumour of the Week Award
Old Nov 20th 2009, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

jains005 is an unknown quantity at this point

it is obviously the inefficiency of minister that he could not foresee the the so called crisis. many would not have fallen into this costly mistake had the minster given a prior warning. he has to take responsibility for this and decide to continue processing the applications which are already attended by COs. now he has left many in the middle of sea.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 7:04 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jains005
it is obviously the inefficiency of minister that he could not foresee the the so called crisis. many would not have fallen into this costly mistake had the minster given a prior warning. he has to take responsibility for this and decide to continue processing the applications which are already attended by COs. now he has left many in the middle of sea.
So, what do you want; the minister to say "sure, here's a visa" only for thousands of new migrants to come here and not be able to find work?
Old Nov 20th 2009, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
So, what do you want; the minister to say "sure, here's a visa" only for thousands of new migrants to come here and not be able to find work?
not clear? what i want is visa...
Old Nov 20th 2009, 11:54 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

not clear? what i want is visa...
I understand you want a visa. However you do understand that it's not in the country's best interest to bring in migrants when there are Australians out of work.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 2:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I understand you want a visa. However you do understand that it's not in the country's best interest to bring in migrants when there are Australians out of work.
then why is my occupation still in the occupation in demand list of the state i got sponsorship from? if it was not there i would not have made this attempt spending my hard earned money. And it was given the top priority till 23/9.

Either the state has put up a false occupation in demand list to attract applications or they did not know some of the occupations in their list were no more in demand. So either cheating or inefficiency. and my question is "WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS?"

measures 23/9 action is understandable in emergency situations. But recession did not start on the day before. and im afraid if the minister took any attempt to avoid the extreme action of holding the visa of applications who were few days away.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 9:09 am
Still alive

then why is my occupation still in the occupation in demand list of the state i got sponsorship from? if it was not there i would not have made this attempt spending my hard earned money. And it was given the top priority till 23/9.

Either the state has put up a false occupation in demand list to attract applications or they did not know some of the occupations in their list were no more in demand. So either cheating or inefficiency. and my question is "WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS?"

measures 23/9 action is understandable in emergency situations. But recession did not start on the day before. and im afraid if the minister took any attempt to avoid the extreme action of holding the visa of applications who were few days away.
Ask yourself...Do I want to move to Australia? If the answer is yes, then you apply for a visa. If the answer is no then you don't. It is completely within Australia's discretion whether or not they grant you a visa and what the conditions of that grant might be. I'm sorry you don't like that, but if I were applying to live in your country I would have to follow what ever rules your immigration ministry puts in place too.

As for your occupation being on a demand list, take a look at how many actual jobs there are out there in your sponsoring state. That should give you a more accurate view than some state government list.