Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Oct 14th 2009, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

bilaln30 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Is there anyone who is non CSL with SS and had got visa after 23 Sep or case is being processed further after medicals and PCC????
Old Oct 14th 2009, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by bilaln30
Is there anyone who is non CSL with SS and had got visa after 23 Sep or case is being processed further after medicals and PCC????
We are ss non csl 475 and we have submitted all docs and meds etc. Had an email from CO saying there may be an update to what the delays are going to be at the end of October after they have worked out how they are going to prioritise the recent announcement of changes to the visa class priorities.

Just have to keep waiting .............................

Johnnyyt
Old Oct 14th 2009, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

gungerdin has a brilliant futuregungerdin has a brilliant futuregungerdin has a brilliant futuregungerdin has a brilliant futuregungerdin has a brilliant futuregungerdin has a brilliant future

im in this position got case officer in june, requested meds and police checks and here we are. Oh yeh we sold our house to!!
Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

jains005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
We don't have a human right to an Australiav visa, so it can't be a breach of rights.

But I do think it is immoral for DIAC to hold onto visa applicant fees for years on end without doing any work. And I don't care that we knew it was non-refundable, it is immoral and no other organisation I can think of would get away with it.
thank you everyone for the responses to what i wrote. actually days back i had stopped spending time on this forum and now started thinking how to move ahead.
it's really challenging but still gotta go. i wish everyone may get the mental strength to move on without falling in depression.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

jains005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by freebo
Its not Susans job to comment on your case, but if all you say is true I'd expect that you're currently undergoing background checks and since you've front loaded everything the first thing you might hear is a visa grant.

Good luck, but don't hassle agents you haven't paid anything to.
let susan say that
Old Oct 16th 2009, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jains005
let susan say that
FWIW I objected to the haranging tone of the post, and still do.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 3:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jains005
let susan say that
The etiquette of this forum is such that posters are expected to post open questions, and accept replies from any other poster, agent or otherwise. . If you wish to recieve a reply from a specific agent, please contact that agent privately, and be prepared to pay for the advice.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by m3appy
so anyone else like me with a CO, docs and medicals finalised but not on CSL and a potential wait till who-knows-when?
Yes me. My medicals finalized on 8 Oct. waiting and hoping for a positive outcome.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Yes me. My medicals finalized on 8 Oct. waiting and hoping for a positive outcome.
If your medicals are "finalized" (status in website). Doesn't it mean that it is already "positive" and accepted
Old Oct 16th 2009, 6:54 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

They have added a month to waiting times for every whinge, so some of you will now have to wait 25 years.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 10:19 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebo
FWIW I objected to the haranging tone of the post, and still do.
Did you ever bother to report it?
Old Oct 17th 2009, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
If your medicals are "finalized" (status in website). Doesn't it mean that it is already "positive" and accepted
Yes I think so. I also received email from HOC that my medicals have been finalized. However, the email doesnt say that it is positive or negative. If you have any major problem then ur panel doctors tell you and ask u to go for confirmatory tests again.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

I have been reading thru all forums. I firmly believe that these changes are impractical and wont affect us much because of the following:

1. Employer base nominations are too low. In Mar-Jun 2009 statistics of DIAC there were only 450 applicants.

2. There are not much CSL applicants. That is why these occupations are on CSL. There are 41 occupations in CSL. Primarily because many are 'Doctor" occupations which calls for passing AMC Exam. My brother is a doctor in Australia and he did the same. Secondly, there are engineering occupations which require submission to Competency Demonstration Report. I submitted one and it is very difficult to submit such huge report for qualification assessment.

3. The intersection of CSL with state sponsoring occupations is low. For example in case of Victoria (176 occupations) there are only 21 occupations which are on CSL which is 50% of actual CSL. As a result there would be too less applicants in priority 2 (CSL with SS). Additionally, states take around 10-12 weeks to sponsor applicants which is going to buy us more time at DIAC. In case of Tasmania which has the longest list of sponsoring has 33 occupations in common with CSL.

4. With new MODL coming up CSL is anyhow going to be slashed by end this year. This means that occupation which would be in new MODL would get priority. As in case of canada where they have 38 occupations in demand at the federal level.

5. Australian economy is showing progress in the positive direction. this means fewer restrictions in next year.

6. Priority 3 (CSL with family sponsor) is obviously for those who have blood relatives in Australia. These applicants are by nature going to be low.

7. Priority 4 is CSL with no SS would again be low as the nature of occupations are naturally low. Around 50% of these occupations are medical related(Doctors, Dentist, Psychatrist, Pharmacy, Nurses etc) which have many intrinsic checks on them. Seven occupations are engineering related (17%) which requires CDR submission. Two (4%) are aircraft related which again requires CAA or FAA licensing. Very few trade occupations.

8. Prior to 23 Sep, 2009, CSL occupations (without SS) were also being processed. I personally know many on forums. In one case they gave 175 visa to an applicant on CSL depite of the fact that he had SS. Hence they are going to process MODL occupations (especially those who had been asked to do medicals) along with CSL cases.

Conclusion: In my opinion there is going to be a delay of at the most 2 to 3 months for those who have SS. The real change is around early next year. Where they are going to review MODL and identify federal shortage list applicable in entire Aus and slash CSL. This is going to be in line with Canadian immigration program where there are 38 occupations recognized federally. Aussies are copy cat and they changed themselves fast like after Canada announced 38 occupation last year.

Regards,
Bilal
Old Oct 17th 2009, 6:04 am
Just Joined

gamesover is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Sir, is your medical checking required by CO after Sep 23th or you initially went to make medical checking?

As you know the situation now, if
1) CO asked you to go through medical checking before Sep 23th; or
2)You initiatively went to medical checking after Sep 23th

The above means nothing. Only
3) CO asked you to go through medical checking after Sep 23th

is positive news to us.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gamesover
Dear Sir, is your medical checking required by CO after Sep 23th or you initially went to make medical checking?

As you know the situation now, if
1) CO asked you to go through medical checking before Sep 23th; or
2)You initiatively went to medical checking after Sep 23th

The above means nothing. Only
3) CO asked you to go through medical checking after Sep 23th

is positive news to us.
I was asked to go for medicals on 5 Aug, 2009. I submitted my medicals on 1 Oct, 09. I wasn't told not to submit medicals by my CO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.