Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Oct 7th 2009, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by Dorothy
My own opinion is that I do not support the immigration minister's decision to change the goalposts part way through the game, however I am here in Australia seeing first hand how unemployment is affecting those already here. It makes perfect sense when employers are laying people off to slow down the flow of immigrants. If there are not enough jobs for the people already here, it seems logical not to bring in more people who will be looking for work.
Very honest and sane opinion Dorothy. To all the people who are agonized by the alleged inhumane decision by DIAC -

Take it as a blessing in disguise. I've many links in Aus and keep on reading many forums where people post their plights. There are no jobs left in Aus, for every job hundreds of applicants are turning up, rents are touching the sky, frustration of natives is increasing and there is lot of pressure everywhere.

Its my advice to stay where you are because atleast you are earning there. But you may not be earning in Aus if you go in this doomed recession time. So waiting a year can turn out be advantageous. Now cheer up
Old Oct 7th 2009, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

vandm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Actually, people were comparing Canada with Australia. See the quote above yours.

As for the refund question, my opinion only, but it is made very clear on the DIAC site that fees are non-refundable and when you (collective you, not specific you) clicked on the submit button for your application you agreed to the terms set out by DIAC. One of those being that fees are non-refundable.

I can't see how Alan's profession would have anything to do with him supporting DIAC. It would be more advantageous for him to support applicants I would think. Besides, it is not in fact DIAC who make the policies; it is the Immigration Ministry who then dictates to DIAC what the policies are. I think you are deluding yourself that "first world organisations" work professionally. They're money making businesses and nothing more.

My own opinion is that I do not support the immigration minister's decision to change the goalposts part way through the game, however I am here in Australia seeing first hand how unemployment is affecting those already here. It makes perfect sense when employers are laying people off to slow down the flow of immigrants. If there are not enough jobs for the people already here, it seems logical not to bring in more people who will be looking for work.

YES i agree that its clearly stated on the DIAC website that there is no refund(even though i am a paper based application i wont shake this one off),but the very same website says that the timeline for my application will be around 7 months(now since your quoting from that website, and since it says its for 75% of the applicants we should take that figure, after all DIAC also pats itself on the back for this!).

when i applied they said the goal post is around 10 months away and then abruptly they changed it. its like preparing an applicant telling him that its a 800m race and so the applicant trains and mentally prepares himself for that distance and when the race starts(after he has applied) and the applicant completes half a lap, the display board pops the message that the race has been changed to a marathon!!!

when i said DIAC i meant whoever is making these decisions. next time i will say Oz govt so that holes dont get picked up in my sentences.

well after all this experience i would be insane not to consider DIAC or in fact the Oz govt as a money making organisation. i go with you on that.

i dont have any qualms with the fact that the job situation in Oz isnt good. i agree with that. but since these are exceptional times shouldnt exceptions be made? if the Oz govt was honest enough, they should say "ok cmon guys we arent doing well. so we wont be able to give you your visas within even 2 years from the stated time on our website and therefore here is your amount(after deducting administrative costs) if you wish to drop out. that would have been a more humane approach. c'mon how on earth can one plan for something that may happen 3 years donw the line. no one for sure knows in what state an applicant will be 3 years from now. isnt it absurd? doesnt it make a case for refunds?

reading your post it seems like you have worn the wrong goggles! i am sorry to say but your post sounds like you are not looking at the situation wearing the applicants goggles but wearing the DIAC goggles.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

uppalpankaj is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Vandm totally. Many lives depend upon the decisions taken by DIAC. Atleast they must act responsibly. When at the time of applying , they say that visa decision will take 12 months from the date of making the application, then how can they just change the processing times.

Its just like running a never ending race. A day will come when everyone will become exhausted because the position of goal post may be changed again when u r about to reach it.

Everyone seems to be affected by some way or other by the recent changes.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

naufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to all
Exclamation Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

just to give my update, i just recieved the health undertaking form (due to my previous medical history) on 6th oct 09, after i sent my medical on 16th sept, 09.
so i suppose things are still moving on for the people who have applied before 23rd sept.

regards to all of you..

naufil
Old Oct 7th 2009, 10:31 am
Just stretching my clacks

Gillyboots is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
So waiting a year can turn out be advantageous. Now cheer up
How dare you!? "cheer up"?? Listen, I don't think you appreciate how this constant changing of timescales has affected some people's lives, and to what severity in many cases. And i'm not just talking about money or time wasted, i'm talking missed opportunities or possible other options missed. Not only houses or jobs, although that would be bad enough, i'm talking about sick or elderly relatives here, nothing trivial. Its not as simple as "wait it out or go somewhere else" in every case.

I can't speak for everyone else who is going through this upheaval, but for me personally - it was never about running away from my home country, but rather running TO Australia, and the people I have there.

Yes DIAC quote that fees are non-refundable, but at the time of application, they also quoted that the processing time would be 12 months. I strongly believe that to move the goalposts to such a degree should result in at least a partial refund. I know I will not get back money for medicals or police checks as I stupidly front loaded them. I know I won't receive a refund for the IELTS I had to sit, or the ACS/VETASSESS skills assessments both myself and my husband had to complete, or the various other fees we've incurred to date, all that I can live with. But DIAC haven't done a thing with my application yet! So why can't the fee be refunded?

Maybe things have worked out for you, maybe not, I do not know, but a word to the wise - please choose your wording more carefully in future.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice
Exclamation Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

i have absolutely NO IDEA of what changes are as i cant upload download or read anything that is on the gov website as a pdf ! ?

so i just wanted to know if someone could let me know if they know or would like to help by looking what changes there would be for a wall and floor tiler! i have been trying since details came available and have now lost to all angst and pure frustration!

please help

much appreciated!

Last edited by sam mick kurt; Oct 7th 2009 at 11:13 am. Reason: i'm a goof ball going craZZZZY! ha!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 11:38 am
Just stretching my clacks

Gillyboots is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sam mick kurt
i have absolutely NO IDEA of what changes are as i cant upload download or read anything that is on the gov website as a pdf ! ?

so i just wanted to know if someone could let me know if they know or would like to help by looking what changes there would be for a wall and floor tiler! i have been trying since details came available and have now lost to all angst and pure frustration!

please help

much appreciated!
Hi Sam

It really depends on what type of visa you have applied for and whether you have employer, state or family sponsorship etc. I see that your occupation is on the CSL - have a read through the first post in this thread, it details what the new processing priorities are.

Gill
Old Oct 7th 2009, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice

Originally Posted by vandm
wow super optimist. keep waiting hero. Oz govt needs people like u who will wait for eternity for their manna.
There is no use attacking op as that won't change oz immigration policy. The best thing is to wait patiently and try to work alternative solutions. All in all, think positive.

I do agree the rule changes were unjust to those negatively affected, yet OZ Govt has no obligation to process our visa under certain time period. DIAC only mention estimated time period. The oz govt is trying to protect the jobs of their constituents, which I believe is understandable.

We would also expect our govt to do the same if these issues araised in our home countries.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

gamesover is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by INDOAUS
There is no use attacking op as that won't change oz immigration policy. The best thing is to wait patiently and try to work alternative solutions. All in all, think positive.

I do agree the rule changes were unjust to those negatively affected, yet OZ Govt has no obligation to process our visa under certain time period. DIAC only mention estimated time period. The oz govt is trying to protect the jobs of their constituents, which I believe is understandable.

We would also expect our govt to do the same if these issues araised in our home countries.
Hi Guys, several non-CSL 475 applicants who pre-granted before Sep. 23th have gotten the VISA after Oct. I think it is a piece of good news in any rates.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 3:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam mick kurt

please help

much appreciated!
You need to install the pdf reader, then you can open the doicuments, either straight from the DIAC site, or via BE.
Have a look here http://www.immi.gov.au/functional/pdf.htm and follow the links for downloading Acrobat

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 7th 2009 at 3:06 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You need to install the pdf reader, then you can open the doicuments, either straight from the DIAC site, or via BE.
Have a look here and follow the links for downloading Acrobat
Think you meant to include a link for a pdf reader? Here is one http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Last edited by freebo; Oct 7th 2009 at 3:11 pm. Reason: :)
Old Oct 7th 2009, 3:06 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I think it needs to be made clear to some posters that moderators commenting here are not speaking for DIAC here are not speaking for DIAC and more than agents are. we are posting our own personal views, as we are perfectly entitled to do.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 3:13 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by vandm
u seem to keep mum on the refund topic. whats ur take on that?
When I applied for my own visa I read the bit on the DIAC site which said once the fee was paid there would be no refund if unsuccessful etc. and I accepted that. I entered Australia on a Prospective Marriage visa, moved onto a temp Spouse and then PR spouse visa. I progressed through to PR with no issues.
I do have a friend however who has paid for his Spouse PR visa, and now his marriage is in trouble. He may well have to return home without gaining PR if the relationship does not improve, but he will not get a refund on the mney he has already spent./ Nor does he expect one, even though he has already moved to Aus and established his life here. So as you may see from this I do have an interest in the "refund when unsuccessful/withdrawn" issue.

It may not same to be "fair", it may not seem to be "right" but those are the rules and when we apply for our visas we agree to abide by those rules.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

jjoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by naufil
just to give my update, i just recieved the health undertaking form (due to my previous medical history) on 6th oct 09, after i sent my medical on 16th sept, 09.
so i suppose things are still moving on for the people who have applied before 23rd sept.

regards to all of you..

naufil
Hi Naufil

Can you please tell me why do you have to fill the health undertaking form. Is it because of a past ailment (Koch Infection) which is healed now. If so can you brief me as to what was your experience during the medicals as I am curious as we shall be facing the similar situation.

Further, can you tell me whether this form is filled before the visa is granted or to be filled on arrival at Australia.

Please reply. Thanking you in advance.

Regards

JJoy

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 7th 2009 at 3:36 pm. Reason: Please don't post personal email addresses - we don't want to encourage spammers
Old Oct 7th 2009, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

m3appy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gamesover
Hi Guys, several non-CSL 475 applicants who pre-granted before Sep. 23th have gotten the VISA after Oct. I think it is a piece of good news in any rates.
hi, just curious, what is "pre-granted" ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.