Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by vandm
Psst- does anyone know of any illegal boat service which might take us to the promised land?
Boat people are given lot of respect once they reach Darwin waters. But your route from the Subcontinent won't be direct as they will take you to Middle East first, then Sri Lanka, then Indonesia, etc. It takes around 80-90 days of rolling, sea sickness, hunger, suffocation, etc. Are you ready for that
Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Alucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really nice
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

So, basically, there's next to no hope of getting PR if you're not sponsored now.. I see...
Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

bilaln30 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Alucard
So, basically, there's next to no hope of getting PR if you're not sponsored now.. I see...
To put it right ur occupation must be in CSL in order to process ur case
Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Alucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really nice

Originally Posted by bilaln30
To put it right ur occupation must be in CSL in order to process ur case
The catch is that people with occupation in the CSL will keep applying and they won't ever get to the non-CSL applications.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

navigatoru will become famous soon enough

Is there anyone who is non CSL with SS and had got visa after 23 Sep or case is being processed further after medicals and PCC????
I am SS without CSL, I got CO on 17 August and asked for medicals and PCC.
Medicals finalised on 21 September
After that no answer from them.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by navigatoru
I am SS without CSL, I got CO on 17 August and asked for medicals and PCC.
Medicals finalised on 21 September
After that no answer from them.
I too have the same case. My medicals were received on 1 Oct. The DIAC says they will be able to tell me that when my visa would be processed by the end of this month.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

I too have the same case. My medicals were received on 1 Oct. The DIAC says they will be able to tell me that when my visa would be processed by the end of this month.
DIAC sent you an email and told you that by the end of this month you will get an answer about your visa processing time? Unfortunatelly DIAC doesn't answer to my emails, I don't know why.

What is form 1100 and why you did send to DIAC this form?

By the way, I liked your analisis about the processing priority and I hope that you are right.

Good luck
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by navigatoru
DIAC sent you an email and told you that by the end of this month you will get an answer about your visa processing time? Unfortunatelly DIAC doesn't answer to my emails, I don't know why.

What is form 1100 and why you did send to DIAC this form?

By the way, I liked your analisis about the processing priority and I hope that you are right.

Good luck
Yes DIAC sent email to my agent saying the following:
Dear Sir/Madam,

In response to your recent eMail and query regarding the 176 Sponsored
application for ________, I advise that it seems that the further
processing of this visa application is affected by changes to the
Migration
Program as announced on 23 September 2009. These changes are detailed
on
our website at -

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...hats-new.htm#a
and at
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...df/program-cha
nges-faq.pdf\

The ASPC is developing procedures to process applications in accordance
with the new Government Direction that has been announced effective 23
September. CSL cases will be given the highest priority and that is
where
the ASPC will be focussing its attention. Once the ASPC has established
processing arrangements for CSL cases, we will be in a position to
provide
further advice, which, hopefully can be done by the end of October 2009.

If medicals have not been carried out it is advisable to wait for
further
instructions before adhering to this requirement as they are only valid
for
12 months.

Please do not reply to this email address. Any further enquiries can be
made via our website

Yours sincerely,

U r not supposed to send Form 1100. It is for the state Govt. to send this form directly to DIAC once they approve ur sponsor case. In ur case WA must have sent Form 1100 to DIAC. Thanks for the compliment about the analysis.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alucard
The catch is that people with occupation in the CSL will keep applying and they won't ever get to the non-CSL applications.
I disagree. Next month or so they are going to phase-out MODL which means CSL will be dissolved and all priorities may totally change. There is a lot of Hope, so don't scorn DIAC please.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

U r not supposed to send Form 1100. It is for the state Govt. to send this form directly to DIAC once they approve ur sponsor case. In ur case WA must have sent Form 1100 to DIAC. Thanks for the compliment about the analysis.
yes, I remember now about form 1100. you are right, WA sent to DIAC the form.
thanks
keep in touch
Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

vandm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Boat people are given lot of respect once they reach Darwin waters. But your route from the Subcontinent won't be direct as they will take you to Middle East first, then Sri Lanka, then Indonesia, etc. It takes around 80-90 days of rolling, sea sickness, hunger, suffocation, etc. Are you ready for that
i was joking maan.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Anyone has the latest update from DIAC procedures promised to be out by end October?
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

An agent on the main Immi board said that details won't be available in October so probably in November. Let's all hope it's good.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

There has been notices of legislation change on the DIAC website. The change regarding MODL is related to us and is given at:
http://www.immi.gov.au/legislation/amendments/

I think changes in MODL with each visa subclass is on the cards and this is what is coming next by November. What do you all think?

Last edited by bilaln30; Oct 26th 2009 at 3:52 am.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

From 14 September 2009, 457 visa holders who wish to change employer or position (within the validity of their current visa) will not be required to apply for a new Subclass 457 visa.
So does this mean if you get a company to sponsor you for a 457 and say after a year of working there you want to move companies, you can?

What happens if the original company makes you redundant? In the past your visa would go with this, but after these changes I'm assuming it doesn't and that your visa would still be valid? You'd then just need another employer to accept you and get approved as a visa sponsor for them to employ you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.