Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Oct 10th 2009, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

vsnb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

now, sysadmin feels superior.

Last edited by vsnb; Oct 10th 2009 at 8:25 pm.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by jains005
i disagree with you. Recession has been on for last one year. DIAC used to make changes in the immi rule based on how it betters or worsens.
The govt can change the immi policy any time and based on whatever reasons that can increase the govt support, in most cases the reason is based on the state of the economy.

still they have a moral obligation to introduce the changes causing minimum shock to the applicants. How can you justify holding the visa of someone who was about to get it. each one will have different sad stories to say about it. I would call this a breach of human rights.
As I said the recent policy changed was unjust and I do not espoused the policy change. OZ govt, like any other govt, will do their utmost to protect jobs of their constituents, whether we like it or NOT. Skill migration program is one of the govt policy to augment oz prosperity. If the govt view (not the visa applicants) that such a large number of migrant does not achieve this purpose then skilled migration policy will be change to decrease visa numbers.

Oz govt. does have a moral obligations. However, oz govt won't be the first or last govt that has not fulfill these obligations.

If the oz govt has violated the human right convention then perhaps one can complain to an appropriate international body.

Last edited by INDOAUS; Oct 10th 2009 at 9:54 pm.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
We don't have a human right to an Australiav visa, so it can't be a breach of rights.
I think one example of human right is "equality before the law" which OP construes as all visa applicants should not be segregated into separate priority category.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 5:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I am moving this thread to the Barbie as it has become a general discussion and is no longer really helping anyone looking for miration information.

In addition, if there are any more posts using abusive language, and insulting people, it will be closed.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 5:53 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

i disagree with you. Recession has been on for last one year. DIAC used to make changes in the immi rule based on how it betters or worsens. still they have a moral obligation to introduce the changes causing minimum shock to the applicants.
How can you justify holding the visa of someone who was about to get it. each one will have different sad stories to say about it. I would call this a breach of human rights.
Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
We don't have a human right to an Australiav visa, so it can't be a breach of rights.

But I do think it is immoral for DIAC to hold onto visa applicant fees for years on end without doing any work. And I don't care that we knew it was non-refundable, it is immoral and no other organisation I can think of would get away with it.
haha.. you have met the USCIS (US Immigration) though, haven't you? They do.

It's interesting to see that the complaints about a country's immigration department are the same the world 'round.

I understand that it is *disappointing* when the rules change, or numbers become limited or things take longer than you think they should but I don't see how it's a breach of human rights.

Maybe I've just got a skewed perspective on it, but it doesn't seem unusual to me at all that some applications take years. We've got folks who are waiting in a 10 or 15 year long queue; they're happy to have their chance at it.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 6:32 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
My second language skills are non-existent, so I really don't have the right to say this, but, how the Hell do half the people in this thread pass the English language test?

Watching my native tongue being mauled to death is hilarious.
its like calling the optus customer help line
Old Oct 11th 2009, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
its like calling the optus customer help line
IELTS 6.0 is pretty easy - although I'd hate to have to do it in a foreign language
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebo
IELTS 6.0 is pretty easy - although I'd hate to have to do it in a foreign language

That would be IOLTS then... International Other Language Testing System.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

http://www.smh.com.au/national/hard-...1010-grk5.html

if this link is anything to go by it may be looking up for some.!!! well hairdresser, chefs, IT.

Let me know what you think of this article?
Old Oct 12th 2009, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Chris N Lora
http://www.smh.com.au/national/hard-...1010-grk5.html

if this link is anything to go by it may be looking up for some.!!! well hairdresser, chefs, IT.

Let me know what you think of this article?
I disagree with the article. It says IT jobs will boom whereas financial and marketing will go down. I think the author doesn't know that majority of IT jobs in Sydney are totally dependent on Finance. And majority of them in Melbourne are totally dependent on marketing. So if any of these occupation is hit, IT will be king-hit.

Similarly, majority of foreign students are graduating in hair dressing and cookery, how come these trades will have any worker shortage when that bulk passes out.

Such articles don't hold any ground and drift us away from the reality.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 4:08 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I am moving this thread to the Barbie as it has become a general discussion and is no longer really helping anyone looking for miration information.

In addition, if there are any more posts using abusive language, and insulting people, it will be closed.
Whats this place, a dumping ground for Immigration filth ?
Old Oct 12th 2009, 4:37 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello and welcome to the Barbie. The English language is compulsory in this forum though we are getting more use to Indlish.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

vsnb is an unknown quantity at this point

listen to sahib, dudes
Old Oct 12th 2009, 10:46 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Dottie, put my post back coz I'm going mad trying to remember what I said
Old Oct 13th 2009, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

povar81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like it makes no sense for me to migrate there - 4 years at least, but you have to add time for obtaining of NAATI qualification, preparation of other docs, so it makes up about 4,5 years. And again there's no guarantee against some other changes - and the worse of them, I don't know, but maybe it's possible too - that my speciality is simply cancelled from all lists as it's obvious that it's not really required at the job market there
I guess I have to look for some other ways.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.