Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Nov 15th 2004, 11:22 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by bundy
unloved and unpopular
You?

G
Old Nov 15th 2004, 11:23 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here!

Though I don't think I'm a good subsitute for G though.....

Bundy, you've answered to questions I still had for you today, about your brothers graduation, and your new work project.
Sounds like the graduation went as best as it could, and good he wasn't alone at least!!

Work project sounds very challenging and interesting, good one!
While on work experience for uni, we kept in touch with other students and our teacher with this special virtual learning place. I thought it was quite crappy technology compared to this forum... but anyway, I'll look it up.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 11:25 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
I'm here!

Though I don't think I'm a good subsitute for G though.....

Bundy, you've answered to questions I still had for you today, about your brothers graduation, and your new work project.
Sounds like the graduation went as best as it could, and good he wasn't alone at least!!

Work project sounds very challenging and interesting, good one!
While on work experience for uni, we kept in touch with other students and our teacher with this special virtual learning place. I thought it was quite crappy technology compared to this forum... but anyway, I'll look it up.

Ahhh, you were using a VLE Simone. I'm learning the lingo (that'll be a virtual learning environment then). I think I know why my boss gave me this task - I'm obsessive about learning new things and this is a whole new area I know nothing about. I've put in a load of hard graft already! I am the eternal researcher.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 11:26 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
You?

G

Me.

B
Old Nov 15th 2004, 11:28 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Me.

B
Me too.

Was the only girl at my year 7 disco who wasn't asked to dance(to Mariah Carey's Hero )
That's why it was soooo wierd this weekend to be dancing with the guys from back then!
Old Nov 15th 2004, 11:31 pm
She's a bird, you know

Me too.

Was the only girl at my year 7 disco who wasn't asked to dance(to Mariah Carey's Hero )
That's why it was soooo wierd this weekend to be dancing with the guys from back then!

LMAO!!!! Poor you Simone! I entirely sympathise. Except I was doing quite well until I hit 17 and things went horribly wrong.....I was the only person without a date for the Leaver's Ball. I had to bring my best mate (female).
Old Nov 15th 2004, 11:47 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

LMAO!!!! Poor you Simone! I entirely sympathise. Except I was doing quite well until I hit 17 and things went horribly wrong.....I was the only person without a date for the Leaver's Ball. I had to bring my best mate (female).
Hmm, and I can imagine at the age it must be much harder...

I thought I was never going to get a boyfriend or even date. "EVERYONE"( ) I knew already had etc etc.
Looking back.... I was 15 when I had my first kiss, just 16 first boyfriend, and a few weeks later: Pascal

Nevermind!

In Holland we never had balls! Luckily! We had parties, but not balls where everything is so offical and you have to have a date.

My year 8 ball in Oz, a lot of people didn't have dates, so that was ok.
But there was another problem there... everyone had fancy dresses, and there hair done by haidressers... well, my mum, being Dutch, thought that was all nonsense, so I got a nice skirt and top that I could wear again, and she bought curlers so she could do my hair.... Now, we practiced, and my hair was quite fancy... but on the night itself IT COLLAPSED!

Here's the proof:
(btw, on the left is Emily, the one that lives down the road. On the right is Jessica, who lives in Bunbury.) Jessica(other one) in the middle is living in Adelaide.
Attached Thumbnails Let's just cut the crap and have a good row-1995_204_3106_ball2.jpg  
Old Nov 15th 2004, 11:56 pm
She's a bird, you know

Hmm, and I can imagine at the age it must be much harder...

I thought I was never going to get a boyfriend or even date. "EVERYONE" I knew already had etc etc.
Looking back.... I was 15 when I had my first kiss, just 16 first boyfriend, and a few weeks later: Pascal

Nevermind!

In Holland we never had balls! Luckily! We had parties, but not balls where everything is so offical and you have to have a date.

My year 8 ball in Oz, a lot of people didn't have dates, so that was ok.
But there was another problem there... everyone had fancy dresses, and there hair done by haidressers... well, my mum, being Dutch, thought that was all nonsense, so I got a nice skirt and top that I could wear again, and she bought curlers so she could do my hair.... Now, we practiced, and my hair was quite fancy... but on the night itself IT COLLAPSED!

Here's the proof:
(btw, on the left is Emily, the one that lives down the road. On the right is Jessica, who lives in Bunbury.) Jessica(other one) in the middle is living in Adelaide.

Hard, those teenage years.....

Yeah, I went to two Leaver's Balls, the first at the school I was leaving, the second at the school I'd left two years before. The first was a nightmare since that school was a less than pleasant experience. I think I spent most of the time hiding behind things. I had a good dress though (well, for the fashion of the time, wouldn't be seen dead in it now), long gloves etc etc.

The second was more of a success, being at my old school where I had a lot of friends. We all got outrageously drunk and I ended up snogging the guy I'd been after for...years.

I was an early starter with the opposite sex, having clear memories of playing kiss-catch aged 5 and running reeeaaaallllly slowly It didn't last though and I was also stuck in that nobody-loves-me-everybody-hates-me-I'll-be-a-spinster-with-cats phase for ages, right through uni in fact! I didn't fully appreciate my single years....
Old Nov 16th 2004, 1:30 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

I was an early starter with the opposite sex, having clear memories of playing kiss-catch aged 5 and running reeeaaaallllly slowly ;-) It didn't last though and I was also stuck in that nobody-loves-me-everybody-hates-me-I'll-be-a-spinster-with-cats phase for ages, right through uni in fact! I didn't fully appreciate my single years.... :rolleyes
lol, no, can't remember doing that. Yep, we all no by now that I'm the more innocent one! :-D

Yes, didn't appreciate the single years... but then, I didn't really have any seeing as I was 16 when I got together with Pascal!

Oh, here's the thread about Collar and Cuffs btw:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264662

Was highly amusing.... luckily they didn't go the whole way :scared:

Btw, didn't have a Bundy and coke, cos they didn't have bundy
Old Nov 16th 2004, 1:35 am
She's a bird, you know

lol, no, can't remember doing that. Yep, we all no by now that I'm the more innocent one! :-D

Yes, didn't appreciate the single years... but then, I didn't really have any seeing as I was 16 when I got together with Pascal!

Oh, here's the thread about Collar and Cuffs btw:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264662

Was highly amusing.... luckily they didn't go the whole way :scared:

Btw, didn't have a Bundy and coke, cos they didn't have bundy
What kind of establishment operates without Bundy Rum???!!!!

Sounds, erm, amusing Simone! Liked the photo. Personally don't go in for the whole oiled-muscles-fixed-grins thing, but I know there are others who like it!
Old Nov 16th 2004, 1:47 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

What kind of establishment operates without Bundy Rum???!!!!

Sounds, erm, amusing Simone! Liked the photo. Personally don't go in for the whole oiled-muscles-fixed-grins thing, but I know there are others who like it!
Yes, most of them were creepy, and the photo especially is very creepy!!
But the guy in the middle at the back was alright.

It was a strange evening. It was mainly funny to see how others were pulled up on the stage, though quite embarrassing to sometimes....!!
Old Nov 16th 2004, 1:51 am
She's a bird, you know

Yes, most of them were creepy, and the photo especially is very creepy!!
But the guy in the middle at the back was alright.

It was a strange evening. It was mainly funny to see how others were pulled up on the stage, though quite embarrassing to sometimes....!!

Yeah, I used to live in fear at the time of people's 21st birthdays when strippers seemed the order of the day. I was petrified that I'dbe made to go up on stage and cavort with some oily man wearing little clothing.

Of course, I am older and wiser now. And have no shame.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 3:44 am
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

I'dbe made to go up on stage and cavort with some oily man wearing little clothing.
you or the stripper was wearing little clothing?
Old Nov 16th 2004, 3:48 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ksct97
you or the stripper was wearing little clothing?
This sounds interesting

G
Old Nov 16th 2004, 7:24 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anya4oz
... I envy you those stud tires - used to love the noise they made when I was driving round snowbound MA.... brings back some memories...
Studded tyres, tehre weird, dont' like the rumble noise they make...well there's no snow at the mo, it all melted, just a spot of fluff here and there...and gonna suck after winter having to get a new set of tyres...hmmm...oh well *l*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.