Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:36 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

blimey bundy, do you start work VERY early these days????
I have a good excuse to keep popping on here as i do my work via the internet now....how cool is this!!?? just have to keep clicking between screens though.....and would hate to post something smutty in a students feedback (Im doing some marking for health care students!!).....!

Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:41 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
blimey bundy, do you start work VERY early these days????
I have a good excuse to keep popping on here as i do my work via the internet now....how cool is this!!?? just have to keep clicking between screens though.....and would hate to post something smutty in a students feedback (Im doing some marking for health care students!!).....!

Yep, I start very early in a bid to leave early (works occasionally).

So are you distance learning? If so, what a coincidence as I am currently writing a feasibility study on distance learning (the bit of work I got given yesterday, with possible pay-rise).
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:54 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Yep, I start very early in a bid to leave early (works occasionally).

So are you distance learning? If so, what a coincidence as I am currently writing a feasibility study on distance learning (the bit of work I got given yesterday, with possible pay-rise).

yes its distance learning! its kinda on a par with the old btec/nvq1/2. the distance learning route seems to have boomed!!! I have about 60 students im marking for, as the tutor is also the co-ordinator so i do her marking for her - and there are quite a few other tutors (about 4 or 5 i think).
I have to give 'detailed and robust feedback'!!!! bit hard tho sometimes cos some of em cheat and just copy the stuff from the learning manual!! you cant fail em cos they have technically achieved the learning goals, but you get some who write reams and reams and obviously do lots of reading for their course work!! You cant grade them, just pass or refer them.
its better than wiping bums for a living!!

sue
Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:56 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

yes its distance learning! but im not doing the learning, its kinda on a par with the old btec/nvq1/2. Since the govt in their wisdom put in an education framework for carers working in care settings such as care homes, the distance learning route seems to have boomed!!! I have about 60 students im marking for, as the tutor is also the co-ordinator so i do her marking for her - and there are quite a few other tutors (about 4 or 5 i think). Pity the govt dont fund care places a bit more generously, then when the carers have worked their fingers to the bone then done the extra studying they might have got a payrise!! sorry, on my soapbox.....it annoys me that they get the minimum wage, now have to study to comply with govt initiatives, but not get a better wage at the end of it all.

cough...sorry....
Totally agree. Additional study, when it can only assist the employer, should always be rewarded in my view.

Interesting that you are on the marking side of things. Basically, we're trying to set up a distance learning (specifically e-learning) programme from scratch. My boss, having noticed that I, erm, know how to use the internet ( ) has given me the task of researching the whole thing. I know a bit about it, but not a lot, and one of the things I need to find out is what it involves for tutors/supervisors as well as students.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:02 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

its better than wiping bums for a living!!

sue
Surely that depends on whose bum it is....?

Anya.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:04 pm

Totally agree. Additional study, when it can only assist the employer, should always be rewarded in my view.

Interesting that you are on the marking side of things. Basically, we're trying to set up a distance learning (specifically e-learning) programme from scratch. My boss, having noticed that I, erm, know how to use the internet ( ) has given me the task of researching the whole thing. I know a bit about it, but not a lot, and one of the things I need to find out is what it involves for tutors/supervisors as well as students.

hehe...myself and a couple of colleagues were going to set up an internet based healthcare program but they had an affair and fell out and we never got any further!!!!
i cant stop and give you any info as i have to take the boys to nursery, but if you want to send me your email address i can email you later this week with any info......I know that the college i work for initially got their funding from the learning skills council (or whatever its current incarnation is!!!) but i dont know where it comes from now. its kinda supported distance learning, they have a timetable of time allowed for contact eg, on the infection control one, 75 minutes per module assessment is allocated for marking....with 8 (i think) modules in the course. there is then 30 minutes allowed for student-tutor contact time per module, and so on. There are admin staff for each course, and the whole course is condensed into a learnign manual - I can scan and send you some examples if it would be of any help??
this is all from vague memory so i may be out on some of the times.

sorry gotta go and get boys to nursery....chat later?

sue
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Surely that depends on whose bum it is....?

Anya.

ew!!
no, seen enough bums in 17 years of nursing to not find ANY attractive now.....unless the guy is wearing ragged jeans and has long hair!
NOOOOOOOOO...dont get me started!!

Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:11 pm
She's a bird, you know

hehe...myself and a couple of colleagues were going to set up an internet based healthcare program but they had an affair and fell out and we never got any further!!!!
i cant stop and give you any info as i have to take the boys to nursery, but if you want to send me your email address i can email you later this week with any info......I know that the college i work for initially got their funding from the learning skills council (or whatever its current incarnation is!!!) but i dont know where it comes from now. its kinda supported distance learning, they have a timetable of time allowed for contact eg, on the infection control one, 75 minutes per module assessment is allocated for marking....with 8 (i think) modules in the course. there is then 30 minutes allowed for student-tutor contact time per module, and so on. There are admin staff for each course, and the whole course is condensed into a learnign manual - I can scan and send you some examples if it would be of any help??
this is all from vague memory so i may be out on some of the times.

sorry gotta go and get boys to nursery....chat later?

sue

PMed ya, thanks Sue
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:18 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Hi all

Bundy, am very pleased to hear about new work resps & pay rise. Maybe, one day soon, you'll wrest the Seat of Power (back with bottoms again, wonder why? )from the evil Anne Widdecombe boss.

Sue - I grew up on lettuce, oranges, and steamed veg as my Mom pored over marking student's degree papers, swearing softly in Yiddish under her breath & giggling manically from time to time. Didn't do me any harm... don't these kids know what a Pot Noodle IS?

Grayling - not heard anything about the purple thighs lately. Hope they have reached a nice shade of fuschia pink now. Very Dame Edna. BTW we had a Banjo Shark land in our yard during the storm the other week. Envious?

Simone - collar & cuffs thing sounds intriguing - but don't take them thru the Tokyo airport security or they will make you unpack them & ask you loudly what they are for (trust me on this one :scared: ).

Bob - hope your family are getting on Ok & that the upcoming ceremony proves helpful & supportive for you all. I envy you those stud tires - used to love the noise they made when I was driving round snowbound MA.... brings back some memories...

Cheers
Anya.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:25 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Hi all

Bundy, am very pleased to hear about new work resps & pay rise. Maybe, one day soon, you'll wrest the Seat of Power (back with bottoms again, wonder why? )from the evil Anne Widdecombe boss.
God, I hope not! I don't want to be in a position of power! I just want a new boss.....(bear in mind that I am the least ambitious person on this planet and have no competitive drive whatsoever)
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:26 pm
She's a bird, you know

Where's Grayling?!

I've only got 3 more posts to go before hitting 7000 and he needs to be here when I do
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:32 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Where's Grayling?!

I've only got 3 more posts to go before hitting 7000 and he needs to be here when I do
Are you nagging me

G
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:38 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Are you nagging me

G

Well I'm here and now Bundy has cleared off.

I was looking forward to having to do it 7 times as much

G
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:39 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Grayling
Well I'm here and now Bundy has cleared off.

I was looking forward to having to do it 7 times as much

G

yeah, alright, I'm here. Was on another thread
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:41 pm
Bitter and twisted

yeah, alright, I'm here. Was on another thread

One more to go

Go steady on my groin though

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.