Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:08 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by bundy
LOL! And there could be mention of the many ceremonies that can be witnessed from the banks of the Cam....the sacrificial burning of rubbish, the beer can lobbing competition, the famous Coe Fen Flasher, the underage drinking spectacular.....
And the Christs' Pieces Needle Dump pyramid, the 'see how many punts you can spit on from the Cam bridges' contest, the 'vomiting on as many floors of Lion yard carpark as you can'.... Not forgetting the Great Fen Joyride - in which cars are nicked from the City Center, dumped in the Fens & torched.

Oops...! People will think it's not a nice place to visit if we keep this up...

Anya.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:11 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anya4oz
And the Christs' Pieces Needle Dump pyramid, the 'see how many punts you can spit on from the Cam bridges' contest, the 'vomiting on as many floors of Lion yard carpark as you can'.... Not forgetting the Great Fen Joyride - in which cars are nicked from the City Center, dumped in the Fens & torched.

Anya.
Yep....nothing like spitting on punts for an afternoon's entertainment. Don't forget the 'hurling yourself off the bridge into the Mill Pond and getting dragged under the weir' debacle. Makes The Times every year.

One advantage of living in town is that I never have to go to Lion Yard car park. Instead, we get the same piles of vomit/pools of urine on our doorstep. And we also live in the needle exchange capital of Cambridge. Nice.

Course it's a nice place.....just not after 8pm or out of season when the council stop bothering to clean the place for the tourists.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:12 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by anya4oz

Anya.
yep seen the burnt out cars when up there last!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:13 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
but i am sure u were told about it and never actually went there....

I may have visited in the interests of science.

Actually, being a weedy asthmatic, I never smoked so I tended to loiter on the edge. The real thrill of it came from the fact that my school was a boarding school so any pursuit that meant leaving school grounds was more of a thrill than it probably should have been
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:13 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
yep seen the burnt out cars when up there last!

Comes close to installation art at times.....
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:15 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Comes close to installation art at times.....
seen some great black and white photos over the yearsof urban scenes wit hburnt out cars.... nayway... back to work now...
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:17 am
She's a bird, you know

Now I know I disappeared yesterday, but where is everyone today?

Where are you G?!
Old Nov 18th 2004, 2:23 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

So how's x-mas shaping up in the towns/cities your all in? Any fun trees or anything like taht?
Old Nov 18th 2004, 2:25 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bob
So how's x-mas shaping up in the towns/cities your all in? Any fun trees or anything like taht?

Although I live less than a mile from the city centre, I've not actually been in for a few weeks, but I suspect that the lights are all up and there's a big tree outside the Guildhall, because there always is.

As for St Helier in Jersey, the lights are up and sparkling and there are lots of people selling Santa hats.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 2:48 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Although I live less than a mile from the city centre, I've not actually been in for a few weeks, but I suspect that the lights are all up and there's a big tree outside the Guildhall, because there always is.

As for St Helier in Jersey, the lights are up and sparkling and there are lots of people selling Santa hats.

Coooeee!!!

Anyone in ?

It's snowing here

G
Old Nov 18th 2004, 2:57 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Grayling
Coooeee!!!

Anyone in ?

It's snowing here

G

I'm here....but I'm busy with some figures now

Snowing???!!!! Just rain here.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 3:10 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Getting snow? jubbly....looks like it'll snow out here today an all...so we'll see...
Old Nov 18th 2004, 3:11 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here....but I'm busy with some figures now
I like some figures

It's taken me 10 minutes to get in here. The site is so slow

G
Old Nov 18th 2004, 3:27 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Grayling
I like some figures

It's taken me 10 minutes to get in here. The site is so slow

G

Sooooooooo sloooooooooow

My head hurts. These aren't the good kind of figures
Old Nov 18th 2004, 3:37 am
Bitter and twisted

Sooooooooo sloooooooooow

My head hurts. These aren't the good kind of figures
Gotta go now Bundy. It really is slow tonight.

I'll think of figures all evening now

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.