Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Oct 28th 2004, 10:21 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by bundy
Erm, 3 inches.

I'm no shoe-fetishist, but I've got this fantastic pair of shoes for wearing with an evening dress (this is Cambridge, lots of May Balls to attend). They have five inch heels which makes me 6'3" when I wear them and I spend the whole time bashing my head on doorways. Still, they make my legs longer, so it's not all bad.
Now living in house with Vic ash floors. Lovely to look at, but downside is that I can't totter round in my high heels - will make lots of little dents in the floor (unless I put down some boardwalks to walk on...).

Suddenly, MarkMyWords is living with this very short woman (who is she?, I'll scratch her eyes out!)....

Anya.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 3:29 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I can imagine calling you Bundy, it's been so long. But I do think of your real name sometimes, and I would get used to that, but would take a while!

I was once called golfish too. Big eyes

Anya, could be with the cuts. Usually are quit deep.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 6:47 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Morning. Yay! It's Friday!

Had to cycle home from swimming in a thunderstorm last night and even me, the unflappable, undauntable Bundy was a little scared cos it was right overhead. And I got absolutely soaked, so all that effort in towelling off after swimming was completely wasted

I occured to me, as the rain pelted down on my head, that I could have just driven. Sometimes I forget I own a car
Old Oct 28th 2004, 6:58 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Morning. Yay! It's Friday!

Had to cycle home from swimming in a thunderstorm last night and even me, the unflappable, undauntable Bundy was a little scared cos it was right overhead. And I got absolutely soaked, so all that effort in towelling off after swimming was completely wasted

I occured to me, as the rain pelted down on my head, that I could have just driven. Sometimes I forget I own a car
Hope that fit lifeguard was there to make a trip out in the tempest worthwhile

BTW, when I lived in SFO, I thought the safest place tio be in a thunderstorm was in the pool - till someone told me what happens to people when lightning strikes in water :scared: Dunno if it's true or not, but I sure kept out of the water after that....

So how's things in Cambridge, Bundy? Have they closed the old John Lewis yet? I keep checking the Cambridge Evening News web site for fond news of my ex-home - but every time I look, it seems to be all about accidents on the A14, bikes being stolen & travelers invading the fens...

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 7:10 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Hope that fit lifeguard was there to make a trip out in the tempest worthwhile

BTW, when I lived in SFO, I thought the safest place tio be in a thunderstorm was in the pool - till someone told me what happens to people when lightning strikes in water :scared: Dunno if it's true or not, but I sure kept out of the water after that....

So how's things in Cambridge, Bundy? Have they closed the old John Lewis yet? I keep checking the Cambridge Evening News web site for fond news of my ex-home - but every time I look, it seems to be all about accidents on the A14, bikes being stolen & travelers invading the fens...

Cheers,
Anya.
He wasn't there last night, Anya, but he was the night before. So there wasn't a lot to make the trek worth it. Except the whole fitness, bum-reducing side of things, of course

Cambridge is much the same as ever. Yep, they've shifted John Lewis. Not sure I like the new place - it's very industrial looking. I know the old place was a little impractical but I did love sweeping up and down that grand old staircase. And they haven't built any more bike racks by the new store which means it's a pain in the rear cycling there.

Winter is on it's way, so those cold Siberian winds are busy coming round every corner and blowing the rain into horizontal shafts - you know how it is. That typical Cambridge weather.

The A14 is way too scary at the moment and I've got to drive up it tomorrow

Travellers have been invading all over the place. Some poor bloke on his way to a fishing contest got whacked over the head by one the other day and is lucky still to be alive. Traveller's sites popping up in car parks city-wide.

They're still digging up the ring road and changing all the one-ways on a weekly basis, just to keep everyone on their toes. The traffic continues to get worse as usual.

Oh, and Gardies (Gardenia's in Rose Cres) has had a reprieve so all those students will still be able to get their kebabs at kick-out time!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 7:44 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

I used to find my workouts at the pool a lot more bearable when that guy was wearing his tight gold swimmers - very distracting indeed! Didn't find frequent trips to the pool reduced my bum (after many years on steroids, just had to get used to having a bum the size of Belgium ). However, I felt a lot better (swimming was about the only thing I could do as an asthmatic).

Sorry to hear about cr*p 'interim' John Lewis - guess there's always Peterboro (or Bluewater). I fondly recall swishing down that staircase in the old JL when trying on ball gowns once, to see if I could walk in them! Another part of my history under the bulldozer... someone else told me they are going to demolish Lion yard car park as part of the new development - now that has to be a good thing.

Ugh, those Siberian fenland winds.... They always seemed even colder on a bike!

Good news re Gardys. Does Eraina still exist?

I read on the CEN site about all the protests re the planned new sets of rising bollards. I always used to get really scared cycling over them (irrational, but I didn't trust the council to have them working correctly!)

Take care on the A14 :scared: .

Cheers
Anya.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 7:53 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by anya4oz
I used to find my workouts at the pool a lot more bearable when that guy was wearing his tight gold swimmers - very distracting indeed! Didn't find frequent trips to the pool reduced my bum (after many years on steroids, just had to get used to having a bum the size of Belgium ). However, I felt a lot better (swimming was about the only thing I could do as an asthmatic).

Sorry to hear about cr*p 'interim' John Lewis - guess there's always Peterboro (or Bluewater). I fondly recall swishing down that staircase in the old JL when trying on ball gowns once, to see if I could walk in them! Another part of my history under the bulldozer... someone else told me they are going to demolish Lion yard car park as part of the new development - now that has to be a good thing.

Ugh, those Siberian fenland winds.... They always seemed even colder on a bike!

Good news re Gardys. Does Eraina still exist?

I read on the CEN site about all the protests re the planned new sets of rising bollards. I always used to get really scared cycling over them (irrational, but I didn't trust the council to have them working correctly!)

Take care on the A14 :scared: .

Cheers
Anya.
Those bollards definitely aren't to be trusted! I've had many a near miss - I swear there's some bloke sitting in a portacabin somewhere chuckling to himself and pressing the button whenever an unsuspecting cyclist (or expensive car) approaches.

Eraina has gone, I believe, but I'm not 100% sure....
Old Oct 28th 2004, 7:59 pm
She's a bird, you know

Nope, it's alright, Eraina is still there!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 8:09 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Those bollards definitely aren't to be trusted! I've had many a near miss - I swear there's some bloke sitting in a portacabin somewhere chuckling to himself and pressing the button whenever an unsuspecting cyclist (or expensive car) approaches.

Eraina has gone, I believe, but I'm not 100% sure....
See that's what happened to my car last week

G
Old Oct 28th 2004, 8:10 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Grayling
See that's what happened to my car last week

G
Blame the man in the portacabin! He's called Jeff.

Anyway, morning G. How are you this fine (ok, I mean grey and miserable) day? Are you wearing pink? You should be....
Old Oct 28th 2004, 8:13 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Blame the man in the portacabin! He's called Jeff.

Anyway, morning G. How are you this fine (ok, I mean grey and miserable) day? Are you wearing pink? You should be....
Why Pink?

What have I missed?

G
Old Oct 28th 2004, 8:17 pm
She's a bird, you know

Why Pink?

What have I missed?

G

It's Wear it Pink day for the breast cancer campaign. It looks like mardi gras here at work
Old Oct 28th 2004, 8:23 pm
Bitter and twisted

It's Wear it Pink day for the breast cancer campaign. It looks like mardi gras here at work
Oh

I'll put pink underwear on then

G
Old Oct 28th 2004, 8:24 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, I'm wearing pink and I didn't even know!!!

Here it's Bandana day, for kids with cancer I think. Haven't seen any bandanas being sold, so haven't got one!!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 8:34 pm
She's a bird, you know

Oh

I'll put pink underwear on then

G
Good idea. I have

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.