Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:43 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by Stewie
Thanks bundy

Things were going so well for her. Her and her fiance were due to exchange contract on a house this week. Wedding arranged for next year. They've split up suddenly and pulled out of the house. they were so happy together (or so we thought)

We have applied for contributory parent visa, to live with the eldest daughter in Melbourne, we should here anytime time now. All meds etc completed over a month ago.

All was looking good. Now our youngest daughter is depressed and won't have a home when we go to Aus. So we have decisions to make. Our house is sold.

Whatever we decide, she has to take priority.

Not really too concerned about our situation, we can sort out most things, we're used to it, just a real concern for our youngest.

Poor girl - that's too bad. Is it really over then? If so, I guess it's better she found out at this stage, not that that is much of a consolation at the moment.

It's not the same, but my parents moved to Jersey earlier than they expected to and it left my brother (19 at the time and at uni) without a home to pop back to. I know Jersey is a million times closer than Oz, but it can still be about as hard to get to! It's been fine though. Make sure your daughter has friends she can stay with, surrogate families for times of need. Are there other relatives near her? Or can she come with you?
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:48 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, quite right.

The problem is that the oldest daughter who lives in Melbourne, has everything going right for her, she always had.

Our youngest had been kicked in the teeth so many times, I'm afraid she won't want to get up again.

Strange how two daughters only 2 years apart turn out to be so different and have have luck at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

Still we're here for her and has all the love we can give her.

Sorry getting a bit depressing now. I'll give myself a kick up the arse.
"luck" usually equates to situations... you jsut gotto make sure you're in the right place at the right time! keep picking yourself up and striving towards your goal will get you places... i've always subscribed to that!

obviously the more tries you do, the more luck you may have!

but i do hope she's ok
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bundy
Are there other relatives near her? Or can she come with you?

Yes we have relatives who can look after her.

She always wanted to emigrate to Aus before she met her ex! She was there with her sister on a WHV and has visited 3 times with us.
She went to college to do hairdressing to get to Aus, and she qualified this year but needs the job experience.
Looked at other options...remaining relative etc.
To be honest bundy, she has said that's not she wants anymore....she wants her ex.

Not much I can say to make things better for her.....only time will heal.

Thanks for your support...I'll go a make a cup of tea....then give her a call at work ..just to make sure she's ok
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:53 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we have relatives who can look after her.

She always wanted to emigrate to Aus before she met her ex! She was there with her sister on a WHV and has visited 3 times with us.
She went to college to do hairdressing to get to Aus, and she qualified this year but needs the job experience.
Looked at other options...remaining relative etc.
To be honest bundy, she has said that's not she wants anymore....she wants her ex.

Not much I can say to make things better for her.....only time will heal.

Thanks for your support...I'll go a make a cup of tea....then give her a call at work ..just to make sure she's ok
Then all you can do is stick by her, which you will anyway, and let her know that whatever she decides is right and fine by you. All too raw at the moment I guess, so maybe it's hard for her to know what it is she wants long term. At least there are others around to look after her too, that's important. You don't need to say anything to make her feel better, you just need to make sure she knows you are there for her come what may...
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:58 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, definetly sounds like a situation which needs time...
Sounds promising though, for going to Oz, but will definetly need a bit of time, and no pressure.

Best wishes!
Simone
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Then all you can do is stick by her, which you will anyway, and let her know that whatever she decides is right and fine by you. All too raw at the moment I guess, so maybe it's hard for her to know what it is she wants long term. At least there are others around to look after her too, that's important. You don't need to say anything to make her feel better, you just need to make sure she knows you are there for her come what may...
Thanks bundy

Best wishes
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:04 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks bundy

Best wishes
good luck with everything Stewie, hope your daughters all get what they want... and you too!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:06 pm
She's a bird, you know

Thanks bundy

Best wishes

No need to thank me - I didn't do anything!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:10 pm
Invisi... K

hey bundy, is that you in the picture entitled the bundies <just been viewing the photoforum>... if yes, and i'm assuming so, think my wife would love to have arms like you!

...and she's no russian shotputter wannabe either!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:12 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by ksct97
hey bundy, is that you in the picture entitled the bundies <just been viewing the photoforum>... if yes, and i'm assuming so, think my wife would love to have arms like you!

...and she's no russian shotputter wannabe either!

Yep, that'd be me and the boy. There are other photos knocking about too, look under Bundy. You can only see my left arm in that photo - my right arm is the beefiest!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:13 pm
Invisi... K

Yep, that'd be me and the boy. There are other photos knocking about too, look under Bundy. You can only see my left arm in that photo - my right arm is the beefiest!
right... i'll be looking out for the rightarm-hamhock then LOL :P
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:17 pm
She's a bird, you know

right... i'll be looking out for the rightarm-hamhock then LOL :P

It doesn't help that I swam a lot growing up and then rowed at school (I know, I know, I don't know why either). So I've been building these muscles for years. The cooking just sort of added to them and now there's no hope. I try to think of myself as Madonna-esque, her of the beefy biceps, but mainly I just see them as rather manly great arms and get depressed.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:18 pm
Invisi... K

disappointed... hoping for a fiddler-crab like arm... you know one teeny-weeny arm and the other a huge hulk-like limb... yours seem to be exactly the same... no hamhocks there!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:18 pm
She's a bird, you know

disappointed... hoping for a fiddler-crab like arm... you know one teeny-weeny arm and the other a huge hulk-like limb... yours seem to be exactly the same... no hamhocks there!

I hide it well
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:19 pm
Invisi... K

there'sa compliment in there somewhere... just need to look quite hard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.