Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:37 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by ksct97
well good luck for the interview!
Yep, good luck Simone! You'll be fine....remember all those excel sheets you did for the packing?! Take them in as an example of your organisation skills. You'll knock 'em for six!
Thank you.

I should be fine, I've been using Word for 9 years and Excel for about 6.
I'm usually the one helping people when they're stuck!
I might go see if I can find anything on the net about tests, or an example.

Still green and a lump Bundy??!! Wierd!
You sure it's nothing slightly serious?
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:38 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Still got a slightly green knee and a suspicious lump on my rib, but other than that, all healed.

Been out on my bike loads actually. Have to, it's the only way to get about in Camb, as you know. I'm just a bit more wary now. And take to the pavement every time I see a BMW!
well at least you seem to be progressing down the road of recovery!!

yeah i miss my bike and being able to cycle everywhere, i mean i lived in the 'burbs in cambridge (towards the hospital) yet it was still only a 25mins ride to the centre of town! not a chance of cycling here in london... then again i'm off to montreal soon... gonna get a bike in the first week i hope!

happy cycling!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:41 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the job Simone.

I would love to get a bike but where I live is very hilly and I don't think I would survive the trip up the road to my house :scared:

When I cycled regulary I was very fit and could cycle from pub to pub and never put on weight

G
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:44 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

I always bruise badly, so they always take ages to fade. The green stage seems to take the longest, but it's nearly there. My knee is at least fit to be seen in public again, which is a start. My rib doesn't hurt much anymore and I can move my arms again, so I think it's fine. I'm not worried!

ksct - yeah, I live pretty much in the centre of town. I could walk in - takes 10 minutes - but cycling is sooo much quicker (assuming you make it one piece). I'd cycle to work but I work 5 miles out along a dodgy stretch of road, so I don't. It's the only time I drive, the rest of the time (grocery shopping, going out, visiting friends and rellies), I cycle. I'm so ecologically conscientious
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:45 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

I would love to get a bike but where I live is very hilly and I don't think I would survive the trip up the road to my house :scared:

When I cycled regulary I was very fit and could cycle from pub to pub and never put on weight

G
Thanks.

Hmm, can imagine!
It's bit hilly here, which is annoying.
And I sweat easily, so I know I'm going to die in summer!!!
The other day it was 22 and I only had a thin vest on, but ooohhh, how warm!!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:45 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

G
Get one of those bikes with a little motor (no, not a moped, those other things) so that you can motor up hills then free-wheel down them and maybe pedal on the flat bits.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:46 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Simone

Hmm, can imagine!
It's bit hilly here, which is annoying.
And I sweat easily, so I know I'm going to die in summer!!!
The other day it was 22 and I only had a thin vest on, but ooohhh, how warm!!

What are you trying to do Simone????!!!!! You'll get those boys all excited!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:49 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

It's working

G
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:49 pm
She's a bird, you know

Anyway, horses sweat, men perspire and women merely glow

You should have seen me when I was cooking on the sheep station (40 degree heat outside, me standing over an open fire inside....). Good god did I sweat. Standing there in a singlet and grubby dungarees (camp oven cooking is a messy busy), dripping with sweat and trying not to let it drip into the cabbage. Very attractive. I used to drink 9 litres of water each shift.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:51 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Oh oops! I thought I'd scare them with the sweating part!!

Ok, I was wearing: socks, sneakers, jeans, undies, bra, t-shirt, vest, glasses.
Is that better
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:51 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

You should have seen me when I was cooking on the sheep station (40 degree heat outside, me standing over an open fire inside....). Good god did I sweat. Standing there in a singlet and grubby dungarees (camp oven cooking is a messy busy), dripping with sweat and trying not to let it drip into the cabbage. Very attractive. I used to drink 9 litres of water each shift.
nice image that!

<trying to munch through my breakfast>
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:53 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Simone
Oh oops! I thought I'd scare them with the sweating part!!

Ok, I was wearing: socks, sneakers, jeans, undies, bra, t-shirt, vest, glasses.
Is that better
Now you've done it Simone! Mentioning your bra and undies.....
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:53 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by ksct97
nice image that!

<trying to munch through my breakfast>
At least I would have a shower and get changed before dishing any food up.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:54 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

lol

Mu dad is/was a builder, working outside in the 40 degree heat! He also said, he drank about 5 liters, and didn't have to go to the toilet once!

Yes, normal women might glow, I don't
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:55 pm
She's a bird, you know

And I did cook in just my bikini a few times, but not for the guests, just for the workers. Bit dangerous, mind. And I doubt I'd pass my food hygene certificate like that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.