Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:14 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by xabiachica
I'm much older than you - and my clock still ticks!

I had my first at 36 & second at 39 so you're both very young still. Wish I'd had them just a few years earlier though .....................

Me too. I wanted to start having kids at this age and I'm nowhere near yet....My mum had her first at 27. I guess it's in the genes. I hadn't been really broody until this year. And by the way, my mum is 57 and she still gets ridiculously broody!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:14 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ksct97
so when i'm in cambridge, i'll know its you 'cos you'll be the woman riding her bike with the abnormally large biceps! LOL

PS: i'm only 25!
Yep, that'll be me. Russian shotputter. Just call me Olga.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:16 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Yep, that'll be me. Russian shotputter. Just call me Olga.
like the ones at the olympics!... can't believe you look like them at all!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:17 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! Indeed we have. They've all gone very quiet...showers all round?!
I reckon! lol

I'm much older than you - and my clock still ticks!

I had my first at 36 & second at 39 so you're both very young still. Wish I'd had them just a few years earlier though .....................
Wow!
Well, I've heard(not researched yet) that after 30 there's a few more risks.... But that means I've got 8 years!
And bundy, you've got 3!
And you'll just have to not have big spaces between if you want more than 2!!!!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Simone
Yes, tell us about the bad bits! Me and Bundy are getting broody, but we don't want a baby just yet!
(I'm only 22!)
At the risk of sounding like an old bugger......(even though I am one)

Don't have a baby....they grow up and cause all sorts of mayhem

Last week was the worst of my life. Seeing your offspring in emotional pain is soul destroying. The youngest daughter is 23 and hurting like hell after a long term relationship bit the dust.

Sorry! Really pi**ed of today, just venting my feelings in words
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:21 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stewie

Last week was the worst of my life. Seeing your offspring in emotional pain is soul destroying. The youngest daughter is 23 and hurting like hell after a long term relationship bit the dust.

Sorry! Really pi**ed of today, just venting my feelings in words
you've got to take the good with the bad... and whatever happens they're still your kids! just got to learn to pick up the pieces
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:24 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
I reckon! lol

Wow!
Well, I've heard(not researched yet) that after 30 there's a few more risks.... But that means I've got 8 years!
And bundy, you've got 3!
And you'll just have to not have big spaces between if you want more than 2!!!!

there are risks - but I have two perfect girls
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:24 pm
She's a bird, you know

Simone - thanks, that really helps Three years to squeeze in a whole troop....I'll have to go for the sextuplets after all!

kcst - I'm in the photo gallery somewhere. Judge the muscles for yourself!

Stewie - that's no good. Hope your daughter is ok. Just remember that it works the other way too and there are times when your kids will be the ones picking up your pieces (as I've had to do this year with my parents).
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:27 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

like the ones at the olympics!... can't believe you look like them at all!
She doesn't! Check out the photopost section.

Sorry! Really pi**ed of today, just venting my feelings in words :-o
Sorry to hear that!
I know I'm causing my parents lots of pain too, by migrating... :-(
Still think the good will outway the bad though.....
Can't imagine not being able too(will have to adopt or something if that's the case).
I think it's one of lifes main purposes, along with just having fun!

Hope your daughter gets through it okay, and enjoys single life!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ksct97
you've got to take the good with the bad... and whatever happens they're still your kids! just got to learn to pick up the pieces
Yes, quite right.

The problem is that the oldest daughter who lives in Melbourne, has everything going right for her, she always had.

Our youngest had been kicked in the teeth so many times, I'm afraid she won't want to get up again.

Strange how two daughters only 2 years apart turn out to be so different and have have luck at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

Still we're here for her and has all the love we can give her.

Sorry getting a bit depressing now. I'll give myself a kick up the arse.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:30 pm
She's a bird, you know

Yes, quite right.

The problem is that the oldest daughter who lives in Melbourne, has everything going right for her, she always had.

Our youngest had been kicked in the teeth so many times, I'm afraid she won't want to get up again.

Strange how two daughters only 2 years apart turn out to be so different and have have luck at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

Still we're here for her and has all the love we can give her.

Sorry getting a bit depressing now. I'll give myself a kick up the arse.
Sounds callous, but sometimes it takes the kicks to make people what they are. Don't know your daughter's situation, but I've had the odd kick myself over the years and you do get back up again because you have to. She's got you though, and that's more than a lot of people have. Hope she's ok.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:35 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by xabiachica
there are risks - but I have two perfect girls
Yeah, it's worth the risk if you don't seem to manage before. And I'm sure there's all kinds of things you can do to lessen the risk etc.

You'll be right bundy, at least you weren't 35 when you met Mr bundy or something!! Then you'd be in trouble!!

Arghh, my computer is so slow, I'm commenting on things, and everyone's onto something else already!

Oh, and thanks for all the karma peeps, I'm on 98!!! ( I think Bob contributed a lot!!) Only 2 points to go!!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:38 pm
She's a bird, you know

I've not been putting it about enough (my karma, that is). Need to spread the luuurve before I dish out any more.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bundy
Sounds callous, but sometimes it takes the kicks to make people what they are. Don't know your daughter's situation, but I've had the odd kick myself over the years and you do get back up again because you have to. She's got you though, and that's more than a lot of people have. Hope she's ok.

Thanks bundy

Things were going so well for her. Her and her fiance were due to exchange contract on a house this week. Wedding arranged for next year. They've split up suddenly and pulled out of the house. they were so happy together (or so we thought)

We have applied for contributory parent visa, to live with the eldest daughter in Melbourne, we should here anytime time now. All meds etc completed over a month ago.

All was looking good. Now our youngest daughter is depressed and won't have a home when we go to Aus. So we have decisions to make. Our house is sold.

Whatever we decide, she has to take priority.

Not really too concerned about our situation, we can sort out most things, we're used to it, just a real concern for our youngest.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:42 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Thanks bundy

Things were going so well for her. Her and her fiance were due to exchange contract on a house this week. Wedding arranged for next year. They've split up suddenly and pulled out of the house. they were so happy together (or so we thought)

We have applied for contributory parent visa, to live with the eldest daughter in Melbourne, we should here anytime time now. All meds etc completed over a month ago.

All was looking good. Now our youngest daughter is depressed and won't have a home when we go to Aus. So we have decisions to make. Our house is sold.

Whatever we decide, she has to take priority.

Not really too concerned about our situation, we can sort out most things, we're used to it, just a real concern for our youngest.
Hmm, maybe she can come... if she wants too and can get a visa(!!).
It would be good to start afresh, maybe...
I don't know.... I'm sure you're all thinking of all sort of things!
Good luck!!!!

Last edited by Simone; Sep 5th 2004 at 9:45 pm. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.