Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:23 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by ksct97
there'sa compliment in there somewhere... just need to look quite hard
It's ok, I was always crap at spotting a compliment anyway!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bundy
It's ok, I was always crap at spotting a compliment anyway!
You look fantastic! (that's a compliment)

I'm back again. Had a cup of tea and feeling better. Although we've now run out of milk

I used to have muscles......1969 I think it was.

All gone to seed now. Too much of this
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:42 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stewie
You look fantastic! (that's a compliment)

I'm back again. Had a cup of tea and feeling better. Although we've now run out of milk

I used to have muscles......1969 I think it was.

All gone to seed now. Too much of this
The only good thing about the weight-lifting that was camp oven cooking was that I developed thighs of steel and a modest four-pack from having to brace myself to lift stuff. Sadly, those muscles went and the arms stayed. Hey ho.

Luckily I don't drink beer or I'd be in real trouble!

Glad you're feeling better Stewie.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

The only good thing about the weight-lifting that was camp oven cooking was that I developed thighs of steel and a modest four-pack from having to brace myself to lift stuff. Sadly, those muscles went and the arms stayed. Hey ho.

Luckily I don't drink beer or I'd be in real trouble!

Glad you're feeling better Stewie.
We were sorting out the house at the weekend, proir to the sale, and found all the old photos.
My wife found one of me from years ago and said i was really fanciable then
Which probably means I'm not now

I joined the RAF when I was 16...straight from school and played squash, cricket and football (not at the same time!) I was really fit, muscles and everything........how things change.
Mind you with digital cameras these days I can turn a photo of me into a slender and young looking chap. May take a few hours though
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:54 pm
She's a bird, you know

We were sorting out the house at the weekend, proir to the sale, and found all the old photos.
My wife found one of me from years ago and said i was really fanciable then
Which probably means I'm not now

I joined the RAF when I was 16...straight from school and played squash, cricket and football (not at the same time!) I was really fit, muscles and everything........how things change.
Mind you with digital cameras these days I can turn a photo of me into a slender and young looking chap. May take a few hours though

Old photos are just depressing. I try to hide them. I used to do loads of sport too, but the working life makes it a bit more difficult. I refuse to pay good money to run on a treadmill at the gym looking out at the park, and run round the park instead, but I've not done a lot of that recently. I do yoga every day and khai-bo (that'll be kickboxing to the uninformed) once a week, but that's it. I walk and cycle though, so that helps.

A fitness plan is in the offing though - back to the running.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Old photos are just depressing. I try to hide them. I used to do loads of sport too, but the working life makes it a bit more difficult. I refuse to pay good money to run on a treadmill at the gym looking out at the park, and run round the park instead, but I've not done a lot of that recently. I do yoga every day and khai-bo (that'll be kickboxing to the uninformed) once a week, but that's it. I walk and cycle though, so that helps.

A fitness plan is in the offing though - back to the running.
Just can't motivate myself for exercise. Well I should...being just in my fifties its more important now than ever.

I'll start tommorrow
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:02 pm
She's a bird, you know

Just can't motivate myself for exercise. Well I should...being just in my fifties its more important now than ever.

I'll start tommorrow

Good idea. I start the week thinking - 'I'll start at the weekend' and the weekend thinking 'I'll start during the week'. I have turned procrastination into an art form. However, the flab is spreading, the lungs are less good than normal etc, so needs must and all that.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good idea. I start the week thinking - 'I'll start at the weekend' and the weekend thinking 'I'll start during the week'.
That's it ...that's the way to do it

Don't do today what you can put off til tommorrow
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:10 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea. I start the week thinking - 'I'll start at the weekend' and the weekend thinking 'I'll start during the week'. I have turned procrastination into an art form. However, the flab is spreading, the lungs are less good than normal etc, so needs must and all that.
I proscre.. porscrat.....prcsentun... Heck, I'll look up the spelling later.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:14 pm
She's a bird, you know

That's it ...that's the way to do it

Don't do today what you can put off til tommorrow

Exactly. I'm quite good at that. But every now and then my conscience gets the better of me, all those Healthy Heart ads come on and I find myself pounding the pavements of Cambridge (Olga on the move) looking red and breathless.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:15 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
Oh oops! I thought I'd scare them with the sweating part!!

Ok, I was wearing: socks, sneakers, jeans, undies, bra, t-shirt, vest, glasses.
Is that better
Simone? ... Foxy.... I'm going to have a cold shower.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:16 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Covenant
Simone? ... Foxy.... I'm going to have a cold shower.

Well send Loose out when you get there. He's been in there waaaay too long. He'll be all shriveled
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Exactly. I'm quite good at that. But every now and then my conscience gets the better of me, all those Healthy Heart ads come on and I find myself pounding the pavements of Cambridge (Olga on the move) looking red and breathless.
Thought everyone in Cambridge rode bikes...or is that Oxford
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:19 pm

Well send Loose out when you get there. He's been in there waaaay too long. He'll be all shriveled

Don'tcha hate prunes?
Old Sep 5th 2004, 11:22 pm
She's a bird, you know

Thought everyone in Cambridge rode bikes...or is that Oxford

Nope, same here too. You're a mug to try and drive in this city. Unless you drive a silver BMW Z3 then you clearly own the road and can send poor unsuspecting cyclists flying (not that I'm still bitter or anything).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.