Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:23 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
go on then educate me with ur lexus.....

Well, its precise etymology is in fact fairly clean - as follows:

quaint - c.1225, "cunning, proud, ingenious," from O.Fr. cointe "pretty, clever, knowing," from L. cognitus "known," pp. of cognoscere "get or come to know well" (see cognizance). Sense of "old-fashioned but charming" is first attested 1795, and could describe the word itself, which had become rare after c.1700 (though it soon recovered popularity in this secondary sense).

But Chaucer, the dear old boy, went and made it all smutty:

Chaucer used quaint and queynte as spellings of **** (q.v.) in "Canterbury Tales" (1386), and Andrew Marvell may be punning on it similarly in "To His Coy Mistress" (1650).

There ya go - educated
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:24 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

go on then educate me with ur lexus.....
see nearly..... 8 minutes to go to before the clock strikes... and as i have to do some work.. extension happenning.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bix
Careful Joe - it's not 11.30 yet
5 minutes to go
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:25 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stewie
5 minutes to go
Joe don't mention your extensions
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Covenant
Joe don't mention your extensions
You'll need planning permission for those
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:28 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Well, its precise etymology is in fact fairly clean - as follows:

quaint - c.1225, "cunning, proud, ingenious," from O.Fr. cointe "pretty, clever, knowing," from L. cognitus "known," pp. of cognoscere "get or come to know well" (see cognizance). Sense of "old-fashioned but charming" is first attested 1795, and could describe the word itself, which had become rare after c.1700 (though it soon recovered popularity in this secondary sense).

But Chaucer, the dear old boy, went and made it all smutty:

Chaucer used quaint and queynte as spellings of **** (q.v.) in "Canterbury Tales" (1386), and Andrew Marvell may be punning on it similarly in "To His Coy Mistress" (1650).

There ya go - educated
Hence, this quote from The Miller's Tale is a bit of basic smut:

'And prively he caughte hire by the queynte'

Let me know if you need a translation.

Nice to see that education wasn't wasted!
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

You'll need planning permission for those
Not if its under a certain size (is past 11.30 yet?)
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:30 pm
She's a bird, you know

I think Joe's in the clear then
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:31 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Damn! he made it. Well done Joe...Joe? Joe where are you...??

oh no hes gone to sams stud muffin threads. The man's finished.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:32 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

let me rephrase that as it is still before 11.30am

I was merely thinking that due to my curretn workload that I should impose a time extension. This making my self imposed smut ban till at least 11.45am

Does anyone else think bundy is copying her quotes from a website?
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:33 pm

I was merely thinking that due to my curretn workload that I should impose a time extension. This making my self imposed smut ban till at least 11.45am

Naw, our Bundy's is brainy, not your common bundy, Shes the rarer University Bundy.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Damn! he made it. Well done Joe...Joe? Joe where are you...??

oh no hes gone to sams stud muffin threads. The man's finished.
Well what an anti-climax (don't make anything of that) I was expecting smut galore at 11.31
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:35 pm
She's a bird, you know

I actually studied this stuff at uni (English, that is, not smut, although we covered a lot of that too). I can translate Chaucer from the original you know, and have done.

I did lift these from a website, but the knowledge was there to start off with, I just needed the detail
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:36 pm
She's a bird, you know

Well what an anti-climax (don't make anything of that) I was expecting smut galore at 11.31

All that build up then disappointment at the end. Typical Joe, eh.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Naw, our Bundy's is brainy, not your common bundy, Shes the rarer University Bundy.
I went through University

In the front door and out of the back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.