Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Jan 17th 2008, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by The Bournes
congrats millsy and troop!! Will there be anymore that can sqeeze in this week?

Someone told me to contact the UK/australia embassy in London about how long its taking as we are desperate to get it. I decided to email and what a waste of time it was, their reply stated they deal with them in date order, that the average time for a 136modl is 12months, and that certain ones are dealt with slightly quicker than others depending what skill on the MODL list it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i would say if your skill is say a nurse, they proberly would pick that out of all the other apps that are waiting in date order and do them first!!!!!

So P****D Off! So, i know im looking at the negative here, but what they are saying is, it could take 12months, so now we are looking at June 08!!

Do they really want us over there or what?????????

Oh well, moan out of the way for this week, LOL, those famous last words, Good luck for next week everyone, Carley
Chin up Carley, it wont be long. I know the wait is awful but it will come!!! Positives are they have not asked for any more info etc so there is no reason why you wont get it.
Congrats to the rest of the Junies who got theirs this week!
Michelle
Old Jan 17th 2008, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

James2513 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: June 07 visa applicants

is it better to call DIMA to know the staus of appllication or email is fine.
do they give better information on Phone than in email.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MillsyandtheTroop
Well, I can't believe I'm typing this but WE GOT OUR VISA GRANT TODAY!!!!

What a relief!!!!!!!!!All the best to the rest of you waiting xxxxxxxxx

Millsy x
CONGRATULATIONS

ALL THE BEST

Angiek
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:09 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Bournes
congrats millsy and troop!! Will there be anymore that can sqeeze in this week?

Someone told me to contact the UK/australia embassy in London about how long its taking as we are desperate to get it. I decided to email and what a waste of time it was, their reply stated they deal with them in date order, that the average time for a 136modl is 12months, and that certain ones are dealt with slightly quicker than others depending what skill on the MODL list it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i would say if your skill is say a nurse, they proberly would pick that out of all the other apps that are waiting in date order and do them first!!!!!

So P****D Off! So, i know im looking at the negative here, but what they are saying is, it could take 12months, so now we are looking at June 08!!

Do they really want us over there or what?????????

Oh well, moan out of the way for this week, LOL, those famous last words, Good luck for next week everyone, Carley
Were a 136 modl Junie & we were assigned a CO on 5/12. Our CO emailed us yesterday to say are app was nearing finalisation but as our pcc's expire on 1/3/08 that would be the date we had to validate our visa!!!
She advised us to re-apply for the pcc's & as soon as they are scanned to her our visa will be granted So hopefully not long now.
I think they quote 12 months so you don't hound them every week.
Fingers crossed you will hear something soon
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

Congratulations to everyone with good news
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

Originally Posted by angiek
CONGRATULATIONS

ALL THE BEST

Angiek
Congratulations! on your visa enjoy your celebrations!! xx
Old Jan 17th 2008, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MillsyandtheTroop
Well, I can't believe I'm typing this but WE GOT OUR VISA GRANT TODAY!!!!

What a relief!!!!!!!!!All the best to the rest of you waiting xxxxxxxxx

Millsy x
Congratulations Great start to the New Year

Rich
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

Were in, only just found out about 30mins ago.

BUZZZING
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Graham and Maria

BUZZZING
Congratulations, enjoy your new life down under!!!!!
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

BUZZZING
Congratulations! All the best to you in your new life down under!

Alison
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all, I just wondered what everyone is doing about the currency exchange for those junies still waiting. We have been following since August, but even though hubby has blamed me for not buying before it plumited, im still not sure i want to buy now, as still no visa.

Just wondered if most of you are looking into it all, and if you will just buy at what ever rate it is at the time you get visa/fly out. Or if it does bgo up to a reasonable rate, go for it and buy on a forward contract.

It has risen slightly over last few days, but we have said we wuold go with around 2.30 (2.42 is the average, but i just cant see it getting to that), and the lowest its been recently has been around 2.172.

Carley
Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

BUZZZING
CONGRATULATIONS enjoy your newlifes downunder

Suexx
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

dor34 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: June 07 visa applicants

Hi to all you Junies,

We're Junies too and we just found out from our agent that we got our visas granted this morning!!! Wow, still in shock. Best of luck to you all still waiting!

Take care,
Dor X
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dor34
Hi to all you Junies,

We're Junies too and we just found out from our agent that we got our visas granted this morning!!! Wow, still in shock. Best of luck to you all still waiting!

Take care,
Dor X
Congratulations. All the best to you.

Alison
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

We had an email from our agent this morning to confirm she'd received our police checks. She also said that once they receive our meds (they went yesterday) we'll get our visas quite quickly

Alison

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.