Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Jan 10th 2008, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
ahh thanks, we've just watched it hiding behind cushions! Wasn't as bad as we were expecting phew! I cried a lot! Adam was a bit upset they cut his sister out as he had made a point of how much he was going to miss seeing her grow up and they cut my friends out too! But all in all I think it was a fair portrayl of what happened, there's only so much they can show in 45 mins! And I WILL work as a marine bio! We saw another mortgage advisor when we were out there who said we'd get the mortgage we want for the dream house without me having a contract job so happy days! Seems they'll lend however much we want as long as we can put 20% deposit down, so dream house here we come!

Cairns is such a beautiful place we just can't wait to go. We need to sell our house first to get that dream house so as soon as its sold we're off, hopefully be going in June.

xxx
Hi Ruth & Adam, we just watched you on tv catchup. Wow, famous now! I thought you both came across as a lovely couple and Cairns looked fab. The houses looked great too so hope your sells soon, ours goes on the market beg of Feb too, its terrible trying to clear it out to sell it - it has never been so tidy! All the Best
Michelle
Old Jan 10th 2008, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

marksm3 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
ahh thanks, we've just watched it hiding behind cushions! Wasn't as bad as we were expecting phew! I cried a lot! Adam was a bit upset they cut his sister out as he had made a point of how much he was going to miss seeing her grow up and they cut my friends out too! But all in all I think it was a fair portrayl of what happened, there's only so much they can show in 45 mins! And I WILL work as a marine bio! We saw another mortgage advisor when we were out there who said we'd get the mortgage we want for the dream house without me having a contract job so happy days! Seems they'll lend however much we want as long as we can put 20% deposit down, so dream house here we come!

Cairns is such a beautiful place we just can't wait to go. We need to sell our house first to get that dream house so as soon as its sold we're off, hopefully be going in June.

xxx
Hi ruth and adam, guys the best one so far, i am supposed to be heading to sydney, but wow cairns looks great and adam mate the thought of being on the tinnies by the pool by 3 on a friday is amazing. i nam a plumber so kind of hoping will be in same situation as you. got a CO couple of days ago, she requested one more document which should be with them on monday, cant believe i could sell my one bed flat in Edinburgh and get a three bed house with pool for a few thousand more,amazing. so much good luck to you two, got me thinking of cairns now. I am heading over on my own but have friends in sydne, a fresh start in the sun what more eh!

mark
Old Jan 10th 2008, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Hi Junies, just to let you know we are here in very sunny and hot (41 degrees) Melbourne.

sorry we missed you Foxyruthie will have to see if we can see it on the tinternet.

Good luck to all still waiting for various things, will give bigger update shortly.

Cheers,

Rob, Helen & Caitlain
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi foxyruthie, thought todays was the best ive ever seen!! Loved every bit of it, Cairnes looked great too, i think we'd give it a go up there if it wernt for the wet season, (trying to get away from the rain!!!).

The 2 house's were great for the cost, just wondered if the mortgage was taking any equity from your house over here, or was the amount just on $70,000per year?

Trying to work out what we could go for, Andy's a carpenter and im sure the wages would be about the same as a sparky, we will have about £70,000 to put down on a house.

Well all the best in selling your house here and all the best in your future together in Oz, and to the future fox cubs!!LOL

Carley
Old Jan 10th 2008, 7:28 pm
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Hi guys

Thanks so much for all the messages its such a relief that people liked it/us you never know how you're going to come across!

We adore the relaxed atmosphere of Cairns and of course the beaches but you get them pretty much everywhere you go in Oz! The fact that Cairns is so small is a huge plus point for us and there is so much to see and do touristy and free too, so many amazing walks/cycle rides etc ahhh

The mortgages we looked at were all based on us putting down a 20% deposit, if you don;t put down 20% you have to pay mortgage insurance whihc seemed like a waste of money to us so whatever we buy we'll make sure we can do 20% deposit, we've been savings like crazy and will hopefully get some reasonable equity from our house sale (scared about selling it!)

robertnhelen - how you settling in? I'm so jealous that you're already there! Looing forward to hearng your update, whihc airline did you fly with and whihc removal company did you use? Doing some research!

markm3 - congrats on your CO not long now, I thought Sydney was the best town its just too big for us we liked it proer chilled dude!! ha ha!

And yes Adam is very much looking forward to being in the pool by 3pm with a beer every day!

thanks again for your support

xxx
Old Jan 10th 2008, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

Hi Ruth & Adam, I have to agree with everyone else, your show was the best by far, you both came across as a lovely couple, all the best for your new life in Cairns. Have you got your visa yet, if so when do you plan to move over?
Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MANDS14
So great to hear everyone getting their visas. Congratulations to you all the feeling must be great! So wish it was us!!

Not sure if our medicals are cleared yet- they were signed for on 3 Dec. OH has diabetes so not sure if they will be a straight forward yes.

It's so tempting to email the Lcu- it would be nice to know if that stage has been successful. I can cope then with the wait for a yes or no. Although if its no I will be devasted.

It feels like life is on hold a bit until we know for sure. It seems pointless trying to organise anything in case its a waste of time. Our meds/pcs were done last September and we were hoping to go by August.

Babsw- Have sebt you some good luck Karma-really hope you get a CO soon.

It's really hard to work out who is still waiting.
Shall we start a list?

Mands14
Babsw
ozzy7
ozzyfever
mad city fan
the bournes
James 2513
Dusta
The dooners
Siobhan 07

Sorry if I haven't put everyone on. Feel free to add to list...... We are not alone!!!
cheers mands,hope it works and i'm sending it right back to you and all of us still here!!
Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

So great to hear everyone getting their visas. Congratulations to you all the feeling must be great! So wish it was us!!

Not sure if our medicals are cleared yet- they were signed for on 3 Dec. OH has diabetes so not sure if they will be a straight forward yes.

It's so tempting to email the Lcu- it would be nice to know if that stage has been successful. I can cope then with the wait for a yes or no. Although if its no I will be devasted.

It feels like life is on hold a bit until we know for sure. It seems pointless trying to organise anything in case its a waste of time. Our meds/pcs were done last September and we were hoping to go by August.

Babsw- Have sebt you some good luck Karma-really hope you get a CO soon.

It's really hard to work out who is still waiting.
Shall we start a list?

Mands14
Babsw
ozzy7
ozzyfever
mad city fan
the bournes
James 2513
Dusta
The dooners
Siobhan 07

Sorry if I haven't put everyone on. Feel free to add to list...... We are not alone!!!
Hope you hear something soon!

Can I be added to the list please? Bit of a late comer so still getting to know everyone & work out who's at what stage.

Alison
Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

Hi Alison!

Have added you to list:

Mands14
Babsw
ozzy7
ozzyfever
mad city fan
the bournes
James 2513
Dusta
The dooners
Siobhan 07
Al150n

No news again today. I think this waiting period is the hardest of them all as there is nothing else we can do now but sit tight! At least with the other stages you could be getting things together for the next bit but now theres nothing more we can do!

I think I would find it a lot easier if I just knew we had passed the medicals. OH has diabetes and slightly raised liver function results so not sure how that going to be looked at. Our meds were rec'd 3rd Dec at LCU

Does anyone know if they give you an individual response if you email LCU or is it just the standard... "we do things in order" message?

Oh the weather is awful here today! It has been raining heavily since 7am and I've been drenched twice already doing the school and nursery run, and it's sooo dark!!!
Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

Congratulations to everyone who have already got the visas this month....Junie here still waiting
Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

Mands14
Babsw
ozzy7
ozzyfever
mad city fan
the bournes
James 2513
Dusta
The dooners
Siobhan 07
Al150n
Graham and Maria
Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:58 am
Just Joined

siobhan07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mand,
such a good idea making a list of junies still waiting...
wonder how many applications there would be monthly?? I suppose we'll never know.
Missed Ruth and Adam due to work but will watch tonite on ibbc.
Good luck to all, doesn't seem like anyone got visa this week!!:curse:
Old Jan 11th 2008, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

dedmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nice

Hi Alison!

Have added you to list:

Mands14
Babsw
ozzy7
ozzyfever
mad city fan
the bournes
James 2513
Dusta
The dooners
Siobhan 07
Al150n

No news again today. I think this waiting period is the hardest of them all as there is nothing else we can do now but sit tight! At least with the other stages you could be getting things together for the next bit but now theres nothing more we can do!

I think I would find it a lot easier if I just knew we had passed the medicals. OH has diabetes and slightly raised liver function results so not sure how that going to be looked at. Our meds were rec'd 3rd Dec at LCU

Does anyone know if they give you an individual response if you email LCU or is it just the standard... "we do things in order" message?

Oh the weather is awful here today! It has been raining heavily since 7am and I've been drenched twice already doing the school and nursery run, and it's sooo dark!!!
Hi,

I am also a June 07 (18th to be exact) applicant.
I tried to add myself to the spreadsheet, but my visa class (138 - Skilled independant/sponsored) was not in the list of visas for the sheets, so I did not proceeed.

I have been requested to do my medicals - doing them on Monday 14/01/2008 (this monday)
Old Jan 11th 2008, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by siobhan07
Hi Mand,
such a good idea making a list of junies still waiting...
wonder how many applications there would be monthly?? I suppose we'll never know.
Missed Ruth and Adam due to work but will watch tonite on ibbc.
Good luck to all, doesn't seem like anyone got visa this week!!:curse:
Hi Siobhan

There is a spreadsheet that some people have been filling in. Have you seen it? http://www.beupdate.co.uk/
Old Jan 11th 2008, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

Originally Posted by siobhan07
Well according to that program 'Wanted down under' its approximately 50 Brits/day emigrate of course not every applicant is successful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.