Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Jan 11th 2008, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by dedmeet
Hi,

I am also a June 07 (18th to be exact) applicant.
I tried to add myself to the spreadsheet, but my visa class (138 - Skilled independant/sponsored) was not in the list of visas for the sheets, so I did not proceeed.

I have been requested to do my medicals - doing them on Monday 14/01/2008 (this monday)
HI Dedmeet

Have added you to list

Mands14
Babsw
ozzy7
ozzyfever
mad city fan
the bournes
James 2513
Dusta
The dooners
Siobhan 07
Al150n
Dedmeet

Oh well heres to getting the golden ticket next week. Good luck all!

Feel free anyone elso to add to the list
Old Jan 11th 2008, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MANDS14
HI Dedmeet

Have added you to list

Mands14
Babsw
ozzy7
ozzyfever
mad city fan
the bournes
James 2513
Dusta
The dooners
Siobhan 07
Al150n
Dedmeet

quite comforting this list, good to know there are a few of us in this together,the waiting game that is! I've given up on the spreadsheet thingy coz not many keep it up to date now.
Loved the progam with Ruth! Also liked this mornings with the family for New Zealand, they were making such big changes to their lives.NZ looked nice as well.
Good weekend to all, ready for next week and hopefully a week of results!
Try not to worry too much ,Mands, about the meds,I'm sure it will b ok! I think you would have heard if there was a problem!
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Mrs Brooms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Fellow Junies

Great to see FoxyRuthie on the TV it was a great show.

Thought we would give you an update on our position at the moment.

Sent Meds 27th November, just e-mailed our agent for an update he has replied today and is expecting them to be cleared within the next 2 weeks, and a decision on the visa expected early February.

Hope this helps anyone in the same position.
CONGRATS to all who are through this ordeal and good luck to everyone.

All the best
Mrs Brooms and her eager Hubby (plus not so eager kids)
Old Jan 11th 2008, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Babsw
quite comforting this list, good to know there are a few of us in this together,the waiting game that is! I've given up on the spreadsheet thingy coz not many keep it up to date now.
Loved the progam with Ruth! Also liked this mornings with the family for New Zealand, they were making such big changes to their lives.NZ looked nice as well.
Good weekend to all, ready for next week and hopefully a week of results!
Try not to worry too much ,Mands, about the meds,I'm sure it will b ok! I think you would have heard if there was a problem!
I have to say after watching the New Zealand ones I've nearly changed my mind about Oz a couple of times as it looks to lovely there. My cousin emigrated there 2 years ago (married a kiwi) & loves it. At least I'll have a relative in reasonable flying distance when we move to Oz!

Fingers crossed for next week for everyone! Our police checks are due back by Monday & we're waiting for blood tests & then meds will be sent.

Alison
Old Jan 11th 2008, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

adamsml is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Just wondered whether the wait for visa's depends on where you are going. I have had a quick look on the spreadsheet and noticed that noone going to Adelaide had their visas yet (except a nurse). Each day the wait is getting harder and harder. We put our house on the market this week and it feels weird to be doing it when we have not got final go ahead. We sent off meds on 11th December, have a case worker and forwarded police checks on 1 Jan. Anyone in a similar position. Does anyone know how many people get refused at this stage? Can't see any posts of people not getting their visa! Hope this is a good sign.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

marksm3 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by adamsml
Hi
Just wondered whether the wait for visa's depends on where you are going. I have had a quick look on the spreadsheet and noticed that noone going to Adelaide had their visas yet (except a nurse). Each day the wait is getting harder and harder. We put our house on the market this week and it feels weird to be doing it when we have not got final go ahead. We sent off meds on 11th December, have a case worker and forwarded police checks on 1 Jan. Anyone in a similar position. Does anyone know how many people get refused at this stage? Can't see any posts of people not getting their visa! Hope this is a good sign.
Hi
I got a case officer on tuesday, my meds and police checks had been front loaded (meds finalised Yesterday according to my status page) my CO has requested one more document which my agent uploaded yesterday. so if your meds were ok then it seems they are clearing very quicklt now(as in three weeks of sending them off), so cant imagine you will have long now for your visa to be granted. i just wish i had the document they have requested in from beggining as it may take a few weeks longer. dont know how they work whether my CO looks at my app again straight away when she recieves the other document.
Ho Hum getting there and cant complain been lucky with time scales so far. best of luck to everyone else on getting CO etc.

mark
Old Jan 12th 2008, 8:54 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Alison!

Have added you to list:

Mands14
Babsw
ozzy7
ozzyfever
mad city fan
the bournes
James 2513
Dusta
The dooners
Siobhan 07
Al150n

No news again today. I think this waiting period is the hardest of them all as there is nothing else we can do now but sit tight! At least with the other stages you could be getting things together for the next bit but now theres nothing more we can do!

I think I would find it a lot easier if I just knew we had passed the medicals. OH has diabetes and slightly raised liver function results so not sure how that going to be looked at. Our meds were rec'd 3rd Dec at LCU

Does anyone know if they give you an individual response if you email LCU or is it just the standard... "we do things in order" message?

Oh the weather is awful here today! It has been raining heavily since 7am and I've been drenched twice already doing the school and nursery run, and it's sooo dark!!!
Can you add me too please? Only found the site today & think its fab!
I applied June 07 subclass 136 modl application. Had medicals on 13/12 after receiving an email from aspc. (can anyone tell me if now we have been sent for our medicals does that mean we have a CO?) We have not gone thru an agent so have no one else to ask. Thanks Dawn
Old Jan 12th 2008, 9:12 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Hi guys

Thanks so much for all the messages its such a relief that people liked it/us you never know how you're going to come across!

We adore the relaxed atmosphere of Cairns and of course the beaches but you get them pretty much everywhere you go in Oz! The fact that Cairns is so small is a huge plus point for us and there is so much to see and do touristy and free too, so many amazing walks/cycle rides etc ahhh

The mortgages we looked at were all based on us putting down a 20% deposit, if you don;t put down 20% you have to pay mortgage insurance whihc seemed like a waste of money to us so whatever we buy we'll make sure we can do 20% deposit, we've been savings like crazy and will hopefully get some reasonable equity from our house sale (scared about selling it!)

robertnhelen - how you settling in? I'm so jealous that you're already there! Looing forward to hearng your update, whihc airline did you fly with and whihc removal company did you use? Doing some research!

markm3 - congrats on your CO not long now, I thought Sydney was the best town its just too big for us we liked it proer chilled dude!! ha ha!

And yes Adam is very much looking forward to being in the pool by 3pm with a beer every day!

thanks again for your support

xxx
Hi Ruth & Adam
I too watched you on WDU & thought you were a lovely couple.
I do believe that if you want something bad enough you will get it so you go girl!
I have a lot of friends in Perth where is were we are hoping to go in July (if the visa comes thru). They have all said the same tho, after 4-6months you start to get homesick but if you stick it out it is well worth it. Think of your future children. What future would they have in the UK?
I wish you all the happiness in Oz & hope your house sells soon. Dawn
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Can you add me too please? Only found the site today & think its fab!
I applied June 07 subclass 136 modl application. Had medicals on 13/12 after receiving an email from aspc. (can anyone tell me if now we have been sent for our medicals does that mean we have a CO?) We have not gone thru an agent so have no one else to ask. Thanks Dawn
If the email requested that you have your medicals done, then I would say that you have got a CO, you lucky thing.

Nicky
Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:37 pm
Living the dream

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
If the email requested that you have your medicals done, then I would say that you have got a CO, you lucky thing.

Nicky

Hi Nicky,
With me not going thru an agent my head has been in a pile of papers for months!!!
I had another look at the email & its got the CO name at the top of it. I must have just been that excited (& shocked) that I didn't notice!! How bad is that?
Thanks for your reply
Dawn
Old Jan 13th 2008, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road

HI Dedmeet

Have added you to list

Mands14
Babsw
ozzy7
ozzyfever
mad city fan
the bournes
James 2513
Dusta
The dooners
Siobhan 07
Al150n
Dedmeet

Hi, can we be added to the list too. We got our C/O a few weeks ago and are now waiting for our police checks to come back so they can be sent off.

Rich
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

Originally Posted by whizbangwallop
Hi, can we be added to the list too. We got our C/O a few weeks ago and are now waiting for our police checks to come back so they can be sent off.

Rich
Hi can we also be added to your list? We were given CO 15 Nov requesting meds but we had frontloaded them in july?? not heard anything since. Thanx
Old Jan 13th 2008, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Is there only me on this list that hasn't got a co yet or frontloaded everything? Just curious because you all seem to have co and I want one too!I'm feeling left out!!

Having a bad day today coz i also have an abcess(not sure if it is spelt right?) on my tooth and am off to dentist to get it sorted.

And yes, i really am grateful coz we have an NHS dentist!!!

No email as yet from agent with any news of co!

Good luck to us all this week what ever stage any one is!:
Old Jan 14th 2008, 5:31 am
Just Joined

James2513 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Babsw
Is there only me on this list that hasn't got a co yet or frontloaded everything? Just curious because you all seem to have co and I want one too!I'm feeling left out!!

Having a bad day today coz i also have an abcess(not sure if it is spelt right?) on my tooth and am off to dentist to get it sorted.

And yes, i really am grateful coz we have an NHS dentist!!!

No email as yet from agent with any news of co!

Good luck to us all this week what ever stage any one is!:
hi, i too don't have a case officer. Does any one here has got there visa aproved particularly for 137 STNI, i a june'07 aplicant for STNI 137 Visa
Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Well Crown relocations came last week and packed the house up in 2 days, loaded the container at the door and we waved bye bye to all our worldly posessions!! Crown were excellent, no complaints from this end whats so ever, they worked really hard for the 2 days and were professional and friendly throughout
We leave on Thursday, still can't believe we are going Good luck to everyone still waiting and I will log on as soon as we're sorted in Brisbane and hope that I'll find lots of CO's and Visa grants for you all.

Best of Luck
Keri

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.