Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old May 23rd 2008, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

ozplumb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Our house has been on sale for 10 weeks, had only one viewing....... and we just accepted an offer!!! yippeee not long now fingers crossed
Old May 25th 2008, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ozplumb
Our house has been on sale for 10 weeks, had only one viewing....... and we just accepted an offer!!! yippeee not long now fingers crossed
so pleased for you,its such a long road just to get the visa and then to have trouble selling the house just adds to the stress.Get them contracts exchanged quick and get on your plane!!!!

Originally Posted by Reedy
Hi Honey

Sorry it's a belated congratulations......

So pleased for you.

Lau xx
Thanks Lau, wondered where you had gone? How is Melbourne, all still going well I hope?
We're just nashing our teeth here,waiting for son to get his exams done asap!!!
I've even found the house I want on realestate.com (only joking!!!). Months before we moved to Adelaide we saw a house for sale in Hallett Cove we liked the look of and couldn't believe it was still for sale when we moved there. We went to look at it and still liked the house but Hallett Cove was just a bit too far out for us. That was a bit strange after seeing it all them months in the UK and then seeing it for real.
Old May 25th 2008, 5:11 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

We've fell in love with one on Reiwa.com but still haven't sold ours
Its in the place we wanna be right by the school we have enrolled our kids into. Boo Hoo I just wanna sell & go!
Old May 26th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tawkins1
We've fell in love with one on Reiwa.com but still haven't sold ours
Its in the place we wanna be right by the school we have enrolled our kids into. Boo Hoo I just wanna sell & go!
we're lucky coz we have no house to sell but still can't go, keep wanting to chuck son into his grans for a year and go but how rotten a parent would that be!!!!! One day soon, we will all be there ( fingers crossed)!
Thanks for the BE update site, got through straight away and updated but i see what you mean, loads haven't.Wonder if they've had same problem I did?
Old May 26th 2008, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Babsw
we're lucky coz we have no house to sell but still can't go, keep wanting to chuck son into his grans for a year and go but how rotten a parent would that be!!!!! One day soon, we will all be there ( fingers crossed)!
Thanks for the BE update site, got through straight away and updated but i see what you mean, loads haven't.Wonder if they've had same problem I did?
maybe we should start a " count down site" for people waiting to go, like the waiting for a visa one?
Old May 26th 2008, 9:57 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

maybe we should start a " count down site" for people waiting to go, like the waiting for a visa one?
Good idea! Mind you that could be even more depressing than the visa one
Old May 30th 2008, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

Originally Posted by ozplumb
Nice one! good luck!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there, so happy for you, this is the first time ive been on since we flew out on 20/04!!!! We've been just so busy, i know everyone says it, but it really is the hardest part when you first arrive!!! Especially with young kids, we are finally getting there and everything is now falling into place after six weeks. We flew into Brissy, and went to apartment in Cotton tree, Maroochdore, we stayed there for 2 wks but after looking at work, houses(rentals) and areas, we decided Maroochy and surrounding areas were too built up for what we were looking for, so as we loved Noosa, and theres plenty of chippy work for hubby, rentals are no more than down south, we moved up here. Moved into 12mth rental on Peregian Springs, 5min to beach, 10min to noosa river, 15min to noosa headland, and surrounded by national parks and bush!! Plus if we need loads of shops, marroochy/mooloolaba is about 20min away. If anyone wants to know anymore about our move or where we are just let me know, i will carry on reading though the other posts ive missed! CArley

Guess what!!!! We got the visa this morning!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, am in so much shock I can't think straight!!!!!!!!(altho' have managed to get the champagne into the fridge!)

Hang in there Sarah and Strangers 4 me, you've got to be next!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Hi all the Junies! Not been on this thread for ages but congrats to everyone that has their visas now! We leave this Monday for the GC seems surreal, will let you know how we get on.
Good Luck All!
Michelle
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Bournes
Hi there, so happy for you, this is the first time ive been on since we flew out on 20/04!!!! We've been just so busy, i know everyone says it, but it really is the hardest part when you first arrive!!! Especially with young kids, we are finally getting there and everything is now falling into place after six weeks. We flew into Brissy, and went to apartment in Cotton tree, Maroochdore, we stayed there for 2 wks but after looking at work, houses(rentals) and areas, we decided Maroochy and surrounding areas were too built up for what we were looking for, so as we loved Noosa, and theres plenty of chippy work for hubby, rentals are no more than down south, we moved up here. Moved into 12mth rental on Peregian Springs, 5min to beach, 10min to noosa river, 15min to noosa headland, and surrounded by national parks and bush!! Plus if we need loads of shops, marroochy/mooloolaba is about 20min away. If anyone wants to know anymore about our move or where we are just let me know, i will carry on reading though the other posts ive missed! CArley
HI bournes Glad to hear your getting settled in your new life, you applied around same time as us, were still here - waiting! good luck and enjoy your new life!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DestinationSydney
Hi all the Junies! Not been on this thread for ages but congrats to everyone that has their visas now! We leave this Monday for the GC seems surreal, will let you know how we get on.
Good Luck All!
Michelle
Good luck DestinationSydney!! safe trip and enjoy your new life!!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Carley, so pleased all is going well for you,would love to hear more about where you are as Noosa area is somewhere else we've just been looking at.
i can pm you in a couple of weeks or so if you like to get more info when you've had time to settle in and are not as rushed?Take care and enjoy your selves, good to hear all well!!! babs

Good Luck All!
Michelle
Good luck Michelle, hope all goes well and keep us posted, really envy you but weird to think after all this time you are finally going, wish it was us but ay least we have the visa now so not moaning!!! Enjoy your selves and take care!! Babs
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carley,

So good to hear you are doing well!!! Peregian Springs sounds lovely the ideal location. I agree the first few weeks are awful but you soon settle into a routine. We have been here for nearly 6 months now and it feels like home already!!! My kids are already saying they don't want to go back to the UK to live

Keep in touch,

Lau xx
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck All!
Michelle
Good luck to you too.

Lau xx
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

so pleased for you,its such a long road just to get the visa and then to have trouble selling the house just adds to the stress.Get them contracts exchanged quick and get on your plane!!!!

Thanks Lau, wondered where you had gone? How is Melbourne, all still going well I hope?
We're just nashing our teeth here,waiting for son to get his exams done asap!!!
I've even found the house I want on realestate.com (only joking!!!). Months before we moved to Adelaide we saw a house for sale in Hallett Cove we liked the look of and couldn't believe it was still for sale when we moved there. We went to look at it and still liked the house but Hallett Cove was just a bit too far out for us. That was a bit strange after seeing it all them months in the UK and then seeing it for real.
Was keeping a low profile for a while!!! I really like Melbourne - it is a great place to live

As for doing research in the UK I did that for Point Cook and it was surreal going there and seeing it in the flesh (or should that be dust!!!!!) It is a great place to live, public transport in the area is not great as it is a newly developed area but they are building a town centre which opens in Aug which is huge and the transport will improve after that - not that I would catch the bus / train as I need a vehicle for work....

We'll def have to stay in touch.

Lau x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.