Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Hi all Junies of 2007
Just thought i'd open this thread up to see how many of us actually have gone now or is there still others like me who can't sell the house & are still stuck here
Has anyone gone & come back
Hi.

We're still in the UK & will be heading to Perth September 2010. Hubby decided he wanted to retrain before we leave so he has another trade to fall back on if we need it. He got himself on a 2 year course & has just passed the first year with distinction I'm also about to start a course as well in the hope that with that plus references it'll help me out a bit although someone needs to stay at home with the kids

Our daughter who's 4 can't wait to go & we get asked almost weekly when we can go back. She fell in love with the place as much as we did & has already chosen her school Both the kids love looking back through our photos from last October & we have our Australia song as well.....bless them! We get regular messages from our friends out there rubbing it in about the weather, etc & telling us they're drinking beers on our behalf.

I believe we can book flights a year in advance so as soon as September 2010 ones become available our one way tickets will be booked. We're lucky that we rent so don't have to worry about selling up I don't envy anyone stuck waiting for the house to sell in the climate.

We'd go tomorrow if we could but we're trying to be practical & sensible. We'll just have to keep counting down the months for now.

Alison x
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:01 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Babsw
we are here and have been now for eight months.I found work quite quickly but my OH has still not been able to get any,he's in building game.Work is really hard to come by for tradies at mo.We're still loving it tho!Kids have settled well altho' eldest son has had problems.Hope you can sell soon, where abouts are you heading to?
Hopefull Perth, Ellenbrook to be exact. My OH is a Mechanical Engineer in the auto industry (he has been unemployed here now for 8wks!!)

We have just rejected a silly offer on the house but hopefully the market will pick up soon & we can get saving b4 we head over. Our time will come....... Eventually!

Last edited by tawkins1; Jun 18th 2009 at 5:04 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 8:56 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Hopefull Perth, Ellenbrook to be exact. My OH is a Mechanical Engineer in the auto industry (he has been unemployed here now for 8wks!!)

We have just rejected a silly offer on the house but hopefully the market will pick up soon & we can get saving b4 we head over. Our time will come....... Eventually!
OMG!!!! We accepted an offer on our house today!
£40k below what it was valued at 16 months ago but the way the market is at the moment it was probably the best we were gonna get. OH out of work at the min so its just dead money staying here. Hopefully we'll beable to save a bit up b4 we move over
Just hope it all goes thru now.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

Great stuff!!

OMG!!!! We accepted an offer on our house today!
£40k below what it was valued at 16 months ago but the way the market is at the moment it was probably the best we were gonna get. OH out of work at the min so its just dead money staying here. Hopefully we'll beable to save a bit up b4 we move over
Just hope it all goes thru now.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 12:26 pm
Living the dream

Contracts exchanged & we fly ONE WAY to Perth on 20th Oct 09... Are there anymore June 07 waiting or am I the last one
Old Aug 15th 2009, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

Contracts exchanged & we fly ONE WAY to Perth on 20th Oct 09... Are there anymore June 07 waiting or am I the last one
Hi its wannabees here from sunny wigan!! wer still here, only planning to go jan 2011 - long story! I want my 2 kids to have their 18th and 21st birthdays here next year with their family and friends. maybe if we put house up this week it might be sold by then haha. good luck to you all wish you well! we,l get there eventually!!!
Old Aug 15th 2009, 3:39 pm
Living the dream

Originally Posted by wannabees
Hi its wannabees here from sunny wigan!! wer still here, only planning to go jan 2011 - long story! I want my 2 kids to have their 18th and 21st birthdays here next year with their family and friends. maybe if we put house up this week it might be sold by then haha. good luck to you all wish you well! we,l get there eventually!!!
AH yeh 18th & 21st are quite special to kids & family. My OH is 40 in Nov but there wont be a huge party for him this year I'm sure we'll find something to do Goodluck with your plans anyway x
Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Great news on your contracts, hope the move goes well for you!

Nope you're not the last. We don't go until September 2010. We've got to go & sign our lease contracts for another year here on Monday & it did dawn on me that this time next year all our stuff will be in a container & on it's way to Perth. I guess to a lot of people a year sounds like a long time but we're talking months now & now years I also keep thinking it 'only' gives me a year to spend as much time as possible with my older 3 kids & family & friends before we move. It's my 40th next year so at least I can celebrate that with everyone here first. I'll miss my older kids 18th's & 21st's unless of course they decide to follow me & I'm keeping my fingers well & truly crossed that they will.

Alison x
Old Aug 16th 2009, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

good luck to you all! You've done well keeping your heads together in stead of rushing out at the first chance and hopefully you will miss the worst of the recession!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

Originally Posted by al150n
Great news on your contracts, hope the move goes well for you!

Nope you're not the last. We don't go until September 2010. We've got to go & sign our lease contracts for another year here on Monday & it did dawn on me that this time next year all our stuff will be in a container & on it's way to Perth. I guess to a lot of people a year sounds like a long time but we're talking months now & now years I also keep thinking it 'only' gives me a year to spend as much time as possible with my older 3 kids & family & friends before we move. It's my 40th next year so at least I can celebrate that with everyone here first. I'll miss my older kids 18th's & 21st's unless of course they decide to follow me & I'm keeping my fingers well & truly crossed that they will.

Alison x
Hi alison. are your older kids not going with you at first? im in the same boat, looks like my son who will be 21 nxt year wont be coming at first due to his employment comittments, but will follow eventually. my daughter wants to spend her 18th birthday here, so considering she probably wont see half of her friends again (shhhh! i didnt say that!!) I cant really let her down can I. It will be the best party shes ever experienced tho!! good luck and if you ever want to PM me, please do. good luck all.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi alison. are your older kids not going with you at first? im in the same boat, looks like my son who will be 21 nxt year wont be coming at first due to his employment comittments, but will follow eventually. my daughter wants to spend her 18th birthday here, so considering she probably wont see half of her friends again (shhhh! i didnt say that!!) I cant really let her down can I. It will be the best party shes ever experienced tho!! good luck and if you ever want to PM me, please do. good luck all.
No sadly my older 3 live with their dad & won't be going with us. By the time we leave they will be 17,15 & 14 & I'm dreading leaving them. I've been checking out various visas for them & as long as they decide to come out before they're 25 then it's fairly easy by the looks of things. Even easier if they want to come out before they turn 18. I've no doubts they would love the place & the lifestyle!

You certainly can't let your daughter down on her 18th! At least I don't have to many issues with moving our youngest 2 out there, they're 4 & 3. We were looking on google map earlier & found our friends house who we stayed with last year. Our little girl got really excited as we moved down the road & past the park where they'd played & she remember the directions to the house. She was so excited at seeing their house again & asked if we could go now! Explained we couldn't just yet & she asked if she could keep looking at the computer until Steve came out of his house so she could see him Think we have a little bit of confusion going on here between webcams & stuff

Where abouts in Oz will you be heading (I'm sure I probably already know from reading on here)? Good luck with selling your house, does make me glad we rent.

Alison x
Old Aug 4th 2010, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Is there anyone from the June 07 visa apps who's still here?

How's life down under for those of you who've made the move & any of you ping ponged back yet?

Alison x
Old Aug 5th 2010, 6:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al150n
Is there anyone from the June 07 visa apps who's still here?

How's life down under for those of you who've made the move & any of you ping ponged back yet?

Alison x
I'll move the thread across to the barbie - those who have moved are more likely to see it there now
Old Aug 7th 2010, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi were still here, - till a lovely person comes along and buys our house!!been on the market since feb '10. our plan was early 2011 to go but . . .!! hope you are settled 'the tawkins' family, i remember speaking to you on here, and the Bournes I remember you also, hope youre all ok. Babsw! were did you end up settling?? al150n do you go sept 10 or 11? anyone else from June 07 left here?? x
Old Aug 7th 2010, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi were still here, - till a lovely person comes along and buys our house!!been on the market since feb '10. our plan was early 2011 to go but . . .!! hope you are settled 'the tawkins' family, i remember speaking to you on here, and the Bournes I remember you also, hope youre all ok. Babsw! were did you end up settling?? al150n do you go sept 10 or 11? anyone else from June 07 left here?? x
Really hope you manage to sell you house soon, there's still time for you to be able to make it out there in early 2011

We're still here at the moment but not for long. We're moving out of our house on Wednesday & then fly in 3 weeks After all this waiting it seems to have come round extremely quickly. There are so many people I should have caught up with before we leave & so many jobs I've just run out of time to do.

Alison x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.