Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Hello all is anybody still out there? this is the first time we have been able to get on this site since we arrived 25th june! very difficult start but finding it alot easier now, and with temps of high 30s each day life is good! would love to hear how you are all doing!If anyone still looks at this site anymore!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dusta
Hello all is anybody still out there? this is the first time we have been able to get on this site since we arrived 25th june! very difficult start but finding it alot easier now, and with temps of high 30s each day life is good! would love to hear how you are all doing!If anyone still looks at this site anymore!
I look on here occasionally but spend most my time on the Barbie now.

Seems strange to think this time last year we'd just had our meds done & were still playing the waiting game for our visas.

Where abouts have you settled? We flew out to Perth in October for our initial entry & loved it but won't be moving until next year

Enjoy the sunshine It's horrid here!

Alison x
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:48 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Ya!
Yep were still here in not so sunny UK!
Had our validation trip in Nov & none of us wanted to come home
Hopefully we'll make the move sometime this year (just waiting on the sale of the house)
Good news is that my parents got their CPV granted this month so hopefully we can all go over together.
Where have you settled Dusta?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all, i dont follow any threads anymore on here but it is still invaluable at times when we need to know stuff!

We finally got our visa's end of last March, and flew in to Brizzy end of april. We have settled at Peregian Springs near Noosa (sunny coast) and love it. Hubby got great job, still with them, we rent but have just purchased the land next door and building should commence end of feb!! Cant believe in 3 months time we will have been here 1 year!! Hasnt it gone quick!!

Got some visitors booked in too for this year, my folks come end of March, cant wait to show them everything we love about here, so they really know why we moved all this way!!

Hope everyone else that followed June 07 thread is either here having a fab time, or are coming soon!!

all the best, Carley
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Hi Junies, we have been in the GC (should really change our user name!) since mid June and are really enjoying life. But we have had loads of visitors which has helped so not been homesick at all really. I got a job which I enjoy but it took about 3 months of looking but hubby worked right away. Kids both enjoy it but 15 year old still misses home but the younger one is thriving here. Its not all plain sailing but overall we are so glad we did it the lifestyle is great. Good luck to everyone and I hope all your UK houses sell soon.
Michelle x
Old Jan 13th 2009, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

hey,all you Junies! We flew mid oct to North Lakes,Brisbane. Like you say it hasn't all been easy. I have full time work but hubby hasn't managed to find anything yet but we are keeping afloat. No regrets or homesickness so far, boys all happy as well. Don't post on here much now but still go on every now and then to see if any one I know is on. Saw Laura (Reedy) do her 1 year up date just recently and she sounds very happy in Melbourne.
Hope those of you still in UK get to move soon!Can't believe how time has gone, this time last year we'd just had our formal acknowledgement of application, stupidly thought then we would have case officer soon, finally got him in Feb!!Its weird how it all seems so long ago now.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

Mrs Brooms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all junies 07, We all moved out to mandurah (near Perth) last September, would like to just say how fantastic it is, the worries and expense was definatly worth it. All kids and hubby doing well!!!!!!!
Old Jan 17th 2009, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mrs Brooms
Hello all junies 07, We all moved out to mandurah (near Perth) last September, would like to just say how fantastic it is, the worries and expense was definatly worth it. All kids and hubby doing well!!!!!!!
Junies here also!! still in uk unfortunately, i am so pleased it is workng out for you all - how quickly the year has gone since the checkin for CO everyday!! we validated in nov 08 - going to gold coast we think, checked out some real estate when we were there, for now i'll keep watching wanted down under and think - one day......... good luck everyone and lovely to hear from our fellow junies! xx
Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mrs Brooms
Ohh that's where they were on A Place in the Sun - Down Under on Friday evening! I was excitedly jumping up & down shouting at the television when they showed Quins Beach (a bit further north from you) as we've been there & that's where we're intending to head to

Alison x
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough

Great to hear how everyone is doing! We are near Mandurah too Mrs Broomes give me a shout! In a place called secret harbour, absolutely beautiful. Kids are having an amazing life, me and the hubby finding it a bit more difficult feel its hard to meet people, but we will get there. was originally going to see how we felt after a year, but 9 months later we are no where near ready to make a decision so think we are going to stay for 2 years! does anyone know if we have missed the boat with the citizenship, hear its changed to 4 years now but not sure if we missed it!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Great to hear how everyone is doing! We are near Mandurah too Mrs Broomes give me a shout! In a place called secret harbour, absolutely beautiful. Kids are having an amazing life, me and the hubby finding it a bit more difficult feel its hard to meet people, but we will get there. was originally going to see how we felt after a year, but 9 months later we are no where near ready to make a decision so think we are going to stay for 2 years! does anyone know if we have missed the boat with the citizenship, hear its changed to 4 years now but not sure if we missed it!
pretty sure we missed it by weeks,I think it was something like 1'july and we validated on 15'.Didn't know about all this or we would have pushed to validate before then.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

flossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi we submitted in June 07-got visa in feb 08-arrived on 22nd September abd loving it!!! Missing family-more so my 19 year old son who didnt wanna come over and friends. We are now thinking about building our home-any tips???

Hope no one else is still waiting for visa after all this time
x
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:59 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi all Junies of 2007
Just thought i'd open this thread up to see how many of us actually have gone now or is there still others like me who can't sell the house & are still stuck here
Has anyone gone & come back
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Hi all Junies of 2007
Just thought i'd open this thread up to see how many of us actually have gone now or is there still others like me who can't sell the house & are still stuck here
Hi there, im one of the junies 07, not sure if you saw my 12mth update in April 09, was all great here, then as we finished building our house, we moved in and OH lost his job!! Ive since put another post on regarding how quick things can change/what should we do. He still has nothing, about 4 weeks now, we have been told he might be able to get back on his old job in around 2-4 wks, which will have to be fine, but if not, we might have to head back to UK. OH is chippy, the building trade is shit at the mo, there might seem to be building going on, but they are already in gangs, so you cant get on anything. Only really big projects are any good, and they are all cutting back as have no work/or slow.

It might be a good thing you are still in UK, just try to keep saving everything you can whilst still there, and hopefully when you do make it over, things will have picked up!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Hi all Junies of 2007
we are here and have been now for eight months.I found work quite quickly but my OH has still not been able to get any,he's in building game.Work is really hard to come by for tradies at mo.We're still loving it tho!Kids have settled well altho' eldest son has had problems.Hope you can sell soon, where abouts are you heading to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.