Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by M8M
Well good luck with them, at least if you find out the meds are processed and nothing else its a step in the right direction! And no harm just saying 'hey I'm here.. dont forget about me' Saw that 2 Skilled Visas were granted today (one June app and one Aug app...) lets hope this is the start of a good week!!!

Oh no cant believe that! Why?? What a nightmare! Where in Wigan u from? I'm from Wigan too (springfield)... but living in Dublin at the moment. Feel for you stuck in that sh8thole ha ha
Cant you try calling them, to speak to someone? Pain in the ass getting up in the middle of the night, but might help being able to explain to a real person???
Hi were from wigan too -well almost - Billnge! 136 skilled modl visa appilied in June. Got CO in Dec - meds fine in Feb - theyre waiting on OH daughter med (shes 14) but OH x wife will not consent to her havin med. (Awkward psycho) his daughter not migrating with us but we still need her to have it. doesnt look like she will be able to though, probably thats our application up the swannee!! Good luck everyone else hope your dream comes true soon! x
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Goodluck Babsw
Everytime I see you have made a post on here I think you've got your visa
i must admit i keep thinking people will think that, but wishful thinking,sorry!!

Originally Posted by The Bournes
HI there, just wanted to say im really sorry for you, cant believe you are still waiting!! When we had ours i really thought you would be in the next week or so, i saw the processing times and they were in the 2nd week of may. It really cant be too much longer, im really sure!!!

Sending you lots of luck for the next 2 weeks!!!

I still cant believe we fly on 20th April, its going so quick, well it will be exactly 1 month since getting the email! Our things come out of storage and onto container 17th too, at the mo we are attending lots of different leaving do's or meals/drinks, im sure im going to end up a stone heavier before i get there!! Weve booked accomodation for the first two weeks in Maroochydore right on the coast, just cant wait, it will come to you, when everyone said that to me i just kept thinking 'no it wont!!', but it will!!

Hope that the next post from you is to say you have it!!

Carley
Altho I'm feeling sorry for us I'm still really pleased for you,Carly as you needed to get your visa with living like you were. It must have been a nightmare, good luck with it all!!!

Originally Posted by wannabees
Congrats to Bournes an Tawkins an anyone else who has heard recently!
My comp as been off for about a month so a bit behind on you all!! We are at a standstill with application as OH x wife will not consent for medical for his daughter who is 14 who will not be migrating with us! therefore causing endless headaches and sleepless nights!! been goin on for months.... our meds fine. Last we heard from immi .. OH daughters meds requested!!! Derrrr!!!! we have e -mailed and explained the situation to immi and our Co but heard nothin back since Feb!! Give up now, applied in june! Wont be long till we get to june again and nothin any further... someone pleeeeze help.thankyou anyone xx
Just shows you can always find some one worse off than your self, you must be feeling so frustrated with it all,I don't know how you are coping!!!!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Babsw
i must admit i keep thinking people will think that, but wishful thinking,sorry!!

Altho I'm feeling sorry for us I'm still really pleased for you,Carly as you needed to get your visa with living like you were. It must have been a nightmare, good luck with it all!!!

Just shows you can always find some one worse off than your self, you must be feeling so frustrated with it all,I don't know how you are coping!!!!

Just wanted to say Hi and hope you hear soon!!!! I still look out for your news too
Old Apr 12th 2008, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

the latest update is that meds have been cleared but CO now wants more info about OHs work!!! Wonder if some one is trying to tell us something.....
Hopefully we can send them everything they want and maybe we will hear then? Fingers crossed.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

MillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really nice

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Lots of luck to those still waiting on your visas

Looks like there are a few of us stuck trying to sell our houses in this rubbish market!! We got sick of it so have booked our flights for 23rd June and just hope we sell by then scary thing to do but we've only had one viewing in 8 weeks and I can't bare to put off going any longer, especially as I just got made redundant!!

Anyone else leaving with their house unsold?? Any advice?? so scared and stressed ahhhhh!!
Hi Foxy and Tawkins!!

We are in the same position too. Visa's granted in Jan, reccie in Feb, now just got house to sell - had no viewings in 23 wks!!!! Also slashed £20,000 off the price!!! We really just want to make the move but all our money is tied up in the equity. What do you guys plan to do? We are thinking of renting!

Ange and chris x
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:44 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MillsyandtheTroop
Hi Foxy and Tawkins!!

We are in the same position too. Visa's granted in Jan, reccie in Feb, now just got house to sell - had no viewings in 23 wks!!!! Also slashed £20,000 off the price!!! We really just want to make the move but all our money is tied up in the equity. What do you guys plan to do? We are thinking of renting!

Ange and chris x
Hi
We're planning to stick it out here in the wonderful UK!
We will probably go out to validate our visa's about November if we don't sell by then but who knows what will happen Hopefully we will sell and be able to make the move before then
We won't be able to buy over there until the house sells anyway so I think we'll just wait & see. The house over the road has been up for rent for 2 years and only had 1 family renting it for a total of 6 months out of the 2 years!
I think we would struggle if that happened. Its gonna be stressful enough without the added worry of our house back home (oh yeh & the kids play football against the garage door & the gardens are wrecked!) so for us we'll have to stay here

Goodluck with whatever you decide to do
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:55 pm
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Hi
We're planning to stick it out here in the wonderful UK!
We will probably go out to validate our visa's about November if we don't sell by then but who knows what will happen Hopefully we will sell and be able to make the move before then
We won't be able to buy over there until the house sells anyway so I think we'll just wait & see. The house over the road has been up for rent for 2 years and only had 1 family renting it for a total of 6 months out of the 2 years!
I think we would struggle if that happened. Its gonna be stressful enough without the added worry of our house back home (oh yeh & the kids play football against the garage door & the gardens are wrecked!) so for us we'll have to stay here

Goodluck with whatever you decide to do
Hi Ange, Chris & Tawkins

The house sale is soo stressful, our agent told us not to bother lowering the price as its not the price but the market that is putting people off, doesn;t help though eh! Our house is only 2 beds so we're looking for a first time buyer but with the market the way it is god only knows whats going to happen. We thought about renting but our mortgage is already higher than we'd get for rent and if we changed it to a renting mortgage it would go up even more.

We decided this weekend it sign it over to Adam's Mum and she will sell it for us (hopefully) in our absence we were planning on renting for six months on arrival in Cairns so hopefully as long as we sell it by November we should be ok even though we'll have to pay rent as well as a mortgage I just can't face staying here any longer!

Adam has taken a job working away during the week for the extra cash so we can pay the mortgage for a few more months!

I just feel mega stressed all the time its horrid! Wishing us all the best of luck and hopefully the banks and building societies will lower the interest rates and encourage people to buy!

Are you going to stay until your house is sold Ange and Chris? Good luck feel free to winge I think I've done a good job of it!

Ruth xx
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

MillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really nice

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Hi Ange, Chris & Tawkins

The house sale is soo stressful, our agent told us not to bother lowering the price as its not the price but the market that is putting people off, doesn;t help though eh! Our house is only 2 beds so we're looking for a first time buyer but with the market the way it is god only knows whats going to happen. We thought about renting but our mortgage is already higher than we'd get for rent and if we changed it to a renting mortgage it would go up even more.

We decided this weekend it sign it over to Adam's Mum and she will sell it for us (hopefully) in our absence we were planning on renting for six months on arrival in Cairns so hopefully as long as we sell it by November we should be ok even though we'll have to pay rent as well as a mortgage I just can't face staying here any longer!

Adam has taken a job working away during the week for the extra cash so we can pay the mortgage for a few more months!

I just feel mega stressed all the time its horrid! Wishing us all the best of luck and hopefully the banks and building societies will lower the interest rates and encourage people to buy!

Are you going to stay until your house is sold Ange and Chris? Good luck feel free to winge I think I've done a good job of it!

Ruth xx
Hi Ruth and Tawkins!

Think we are staying out for the moment We plan to work hard, put some money away for the mortage payments then hopefully at the end of the year just go wether sold or not but hopefully will be by then!!! It's so stressful trying to do whats best. Chris has just been offered a promotion now so he would prefer to get 6 months experience in his new role and is also taking several exams between now and September to increase his chances of getting a good job in Oz. All we want is to be there now! We loved the place when we went, our 4 year old son keeps asking when we are going!!! Let's hope we all have a bit of luck with our houses very soon!!!

Ange x
Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

the dooners is on a distinguished road

Hi fellow junies
I've finally got my visa. No case officer just there it is.
and i just can't believe it after all this time its finally happened.

Good luck to everybody still waiting , there can't be many left now.

I just might have a nice bigto celebrate

the dooners

in clover
Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by the dooners
Hi fellow junies

the dooners

in clover
BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you Dooners!!! Good luck for your future in Oz!!! Get those passports sent off now and get that special golden stamp in them!!!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 6:06 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi fellow junies

the dooners

in clover
Well Done!!!!! I'm so happy for you but please,please can we be next!!! Have a great celebration!!!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

Hi fellow junies

the dooners

in clover
Huge congratulations! enjoy your celebrations! well worth the stress, sleepless nights, fees. paperloaded dining tables, etc etc. well done and good luck!! x
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi fellow junies

the dooners

in clover
Well done Dooners, isnt it such a great feeling, i think i even went a little faint at ours!!! So how long will it be before you go and where are you heading? I just hope Babs follows shortly!! We fly out on Sunday, still cant believe it, we are all strangley calm, just packed all but the last case today. Well, all the best now that you have the golden tickets, and a big fingers crossed for babs and anymore still waiting!

Carley
Old Apr 17th 2008, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Reedy
Just wanted to say Hi and hope you hear soon!!!! I still look out for your news too
Hi Reedy,

Where abouts in Melbourne have you ended up?

Cheers,

Rob.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.