Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old May 1st 2008, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

saraheagles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by sehmbi
Hi to all june 07 applicants.... how r u...
Are you still waiting for your visa?

Is there anybody else from June waiting for a visa or just me
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by saraheagles
Are you still waiting for your visa?

Is there anybody else from June waiting for a visa or just me
Hi, thought there was just me but it looks like there are three of us now!!!

surely we can't be much longer? I can't bear looking on other threads now and hearing people complain that they have been waiting for 2 or 3 months and its driving them mad, i keep posting 'try nearly twelve months!!!!'( longer if you take the TRA into account).:curse:
how are you both getting on and where are you in the system?
i think all Junies have moved now haven't they? There seemed a big departure over the xmas period and it seems to have gone really quiet since.

its got to be our turn soon!!!
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Babsw

surely we can't be much longer? I can't bear looking on other threads now and hearing people complain that they have been waiting for 2 or 3 months and its driving them mad, i keep posting 'try nearly twelve months!!!!'( longer if you take the TRA into account).:curse:
i think all Junies have moved now haven't they? There seemed a big departure over the xmas period and it seems to have gone really quiet since.

Sending you big hugs hoping you hear soon ((((((((((())))))))))))))

Lau x
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

strangers4me is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i am MAY 2007 still waiting and this waiting is killing me lot of people applied after me got their visa's already. i dont know whats going on,so u r not alone here i know guys applied before me as well still waiting.
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Reedy
Sending you big hugs hoping you hear soon ((((((((((())))))))))))))

Lau x
Hi thanks for that Laura, good to know you are still on here, you used to keep me going before, miss you but am glad you are happy and enjoying your selves and the move was good for you!!x
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by strangers4me
Hi i am MAY 2007 still waiting and this waiting is killing me lot of people applied after me got their visa's already. i dont know whats going on,so u r not alone here i know guys applied before me as well still waiting.
hi, i really thought you had got your visa ages ago, am so sorry you are still waiting, hope it's not much longer.Is there a reason for it or are you like us just taking a long time?
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks for that Laura, good to know you are still on here, you used to keep me going before, miss you but am glad you are happy and enjoying your selves and the move was good for you!!x
Thanks babe I have been missing here too so have been on more frequently for the past week or so!!!

You'll have to come over to the Barbie and join the pub crawls - they gate crash the bars in the other countries - it is such a laugh - they are seriously nuts on here.... You'll forgot about the waiting I am sure!!!

Lau x
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

Ok, for some strange reason I feel a lot better there are a couple of other people still waiting as well! Sick huh!

But seriously, we were receipted the 5th of June for a skilled sponsored 138 visa, acknowledged in September and not a peep since. Were still waiting for a c.o.? We have been bugging our agent like mad but she said there is nothing to worry about?? Easy for her to say. We had my qualifications processed through Vetassess, don't know what TRA's are?

I'm going mental in this land of 'Limbo' will it ever end? We thought we would have our visas ages ago :curse:

Are you guys working with an agent? What have they said about the delay?

Cheery
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok, for some strange reason I feel a lot better there are a couple of other people still waiting as well! Sick huh!

But seriously, we were receipted the 5th of June for a skilled sponsored 138 visa, acknowledged in September and not a peep since. Were still waiting for a c.o.? We have been bugging our agent like mad but she said there is nothing to worry about?? Easy for her to say. We had my qualifications processed through Vetassess, don't know what TRA's are?

I'm going mental in this land of 'Limbo' will it ever end? We thought we would have our visas ages ago :curse:

Are you guys working with an agent? What have they said about the delay?

Cheery
Our agent is like yours, doesn't think there is much to worry about.I do feel we are getting close to the end but still no idea when we will hear.

Our problem was getting the CO, we were acknowledged Sept (application received 12' June) but then heard nothing till end of Jan,beginning of Feb. we deliberately didn't front load meds but had police checks done in Nov.

Once we got CO we had meds done and heard they had been cleared then DIAC wanted more docs re. OH work and now are querying my eldest son's passport, (the original one had run out and has been renewed) so we had to scan new passport off ( just to be on safe side agent suggested sending all five of us's passports) and so here we are again, still waiting.

Agent reckons next thing will be visa grant which will be fab but everything seems to take approx 2 wks to get sorted so time drags on and on.....

TRA by way is trade recognition,OH is joiner.That took from Dec. 2006 to March 2007 to get.
We are paper based 136 applicants.

When you say sponsored do you mean by a company or by family or state? I thought they were the fast visas as well?
It does get you down all the waiting and like you, as bad as it sounds it does make me feel better to know we're are not the only ones still waiting.

I guess if you have front loaded you will just get your visa automatically after all this time. The only thing I can say is that I guess if anything was wrong you would have heard long before now.

Hang in there, its got to be our turn soon!!

Where are you heading?We're hoping to move to Brisbane, luckily we don't have a house to sell, we were thinking of moving next summer but after all this uncertainty I think we might bring it all forward.
We have a reccie booked for July this year for 3 wks and I'm just panicking that we will have the visa through in time to validate it.i don't know what we'll have to do if not coz we couldn't afford to 'holiday' again?
Take care, Babs
Old May 3rd 2008, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Our agent is like yours, doesn't think there is much to worry about.I do feel we are getting close to the end but still no idea when we will hear.

Our problem was getting the CO, we were acknowledged Sept (application received 12' June) but then heard nothing till end of Jan,beginning of Feb. we deliberately didn't front load meds but had police checks done in Nov.

Once we got CO we had meds done and heard they had been cleared then DIAC wanted more docs re. OH work and now are querying my eldest son's passport, (the original one had run out and has been renewed) so we had to scan new passport off ( just to be on safe side agent suggested sending all five of us's passports) and so here we are again, still waiting.

Agent reckons next thing will be visa grant which will be fab but everything seems to take approx 2 wks to get sorted so time drags on and on.....

TRA by way is trade recognition,OH is joiner.That took from Dec. 2006 to March 2007 to get.
We are paper based 136 applicants.

When you say sponsored do you mean by a company or by family or state? I thought they were the fast visas as well?
It does get you down all the waiting and like you, as bad as it sounds it does make me feel better to know we're are not the only ones still waiting.

I guess if you have front loaded you will just get your visa automatically after all this time. The only thing I can say is that I guess if anything was wrong you would have heard long before now.

Hang in there, its got to be our turn soon!!

Where are you heading?We're hoping to move to Brisbane, luckily we don't have a house to sell, we were thinking of moving next summer but after all this uncertainty I think we might bring it all forward.
We have a reccie booked for July this year for 3 wks and I'm just panicking that we will have the visa through in time to validate it.i don't know what we'll have to do if not coz we couldn't afford to 'holiday' again?
Take care, Babs
Hi ya Babs,

Were right there with ya! Glad to hear somebody is in the same boat, I was starting to think something was seriously wrong with our application.

At least you are hearing something from the DIAC, we haven't heard a peep?? It's very frustrating.

Were on a family sponsored visa, but now they have taken the need to interview the sponsor so you would think that would speed things up?? Apparently not! We had to do something similar to the TRA, basically sent my degree of to the Vetassess processing agency which took 4 months to complete.... can I add that on top our our waiting time?? Ahhhh.. how do they figure 9-12 months for a visa? We will be at 12 months next month not counting Vetassess.

We have frontloaded our meds & pcc's but our pccs will run out in August so fingers crossed we don't have to re-do those...I'm from America and it took me almost 12 weeks to get that back So finger crossed.

We are also planning on moving to Brissy and my OH has family there, where is Brissy do you want to settle?

I'm sure something will happen soon for the both of us! I'm sooooo sick of checking my email lol I'm sure you will have a blast on your reccie, I'm jealouse! We thougth we would be leaving in May.

Cheery,

Sarah

Last edited by saraheagles; May 3rd 2008 at 8:50 pm.
Old May 4th 2008, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi ya Babs,

Were right there with ya! Glad to hear somebody is in the same boat, I was starting to think something was seriously wrong with our application.

At least you are hearing something from the DIAC, we haven't heard a peep?? It's very frustrating.

Were on a family sponsored visa, but now they have taken the need to interview the sponsor so you would think that would speed things up?? Apparently not! We had to do something similar to the TRA, basically sent my degree of to the Vetassess processing agency which took 4 months to complete.... can I add that on top our our waiting time?? Ahhhh.. how do they figure 9-12 months for a visa? We will be at 12 months next month not counting Vetassess.
We have frontloaded our meds & pcc's but our pccs will run out in August so fingers crossed we don't have to re-do those...I'm from America and it took me almost 12 weeks to get that back So finger crWe are also planning on moving to Brissy and my OH has family there, where is Brissy do you want to settle?

I'm sure something will happen soon for the both of us! I'm sooooo sick of checking my email lol I'm sure you will have a blast on your reccie, I'm jealouse! We thougth we would be leaving in May.

Cheery,

Sarah
ossed.

Funny how things are so similar in our cases, we're 12 months next month plus the TRA process which began in Dec. 2006.

We keep swapping from North Lakes to Sunshine coast to Cleveland, I'm getting so my head is buzzing with it all. We're going to wait for reccie to have a proper look around and get feel for place then.
We used to live in Adelaide so have an idea of Australia but not Brisbane.
Can't wait for reccie and am so glad this weekend is not a Bank Holiday in Aus. so I can go back to checking emails tomorrow.

Getting bit obsessed with whole thing at moment but not surprising as me getting a job and date for moving and everything now revolves around the visa and how it affects our future.
Like you say fingers crossed for us both for next week, might not be long till we meet up in sunshine in Brisbane and laugh looking back on this period
Old May 5th 2008, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

flossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of light

Soory to all those who are still waiting for their visas-i'm sure it wont be long now.

I have booked our one way tickets and we leave the UK in September!!!!

Still havent sold house-so will let it out or take a mortgage holiday!!
Waawhoooooo!!!!!!
Old May 6th 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Guess what!!!! We got the visa this morning!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, am in so much shock I can't think straight!!!!!!!!(altho' have managed to get the champagne into the fridge!)

Hang in there Sarah and Strangers 4 me, you've got to be next!
Old May 6th 2008, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

MillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really nice

Sorry, am in so much shock I can't think straight!!!!!!!!(altho' have managed to get the champagne into the fridge!)

Hey Babs!!!!!!!!!

MASSIVE CONGRATS!!!!!! SO PLEASED FOR YOU!!!!

Been reading your posts and everytime I receive and email saying you have posted I always think its the one!!!

Enjoy your new life down under and crack open the bubbly!!!

Ange and Chris x
Old May 6th 2008, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough

WOW BABS AT LAST!!!! every time I see you have written on this thread I hope its' the visa and today its' happened! Am so pleased for you. Isn't it amazing how the wait don't seem that bad when you get it. Its' all go now we have just had the pickfords man around this morning to start things moving with the shipping. There is so much for you to do now. Am so pleased for you. Good luck with the planning and keep us posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.