Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

It seems a lot of people do this to help when they register with a new doc in Oz.You do not however need to do this and certainly this is not required as part of your medical checks unless something is highlighted (say for example you fill in the forms and say you have had a partcular ongoing condition that is serious) and the doctor decides to apply for your medical records to look at this further...pretty unlikely.

Hope this helps
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough

Thats good news that its not necessary. One less thing to worry about!
Old Aug 11th 2007, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

flump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the rough

Hi

We aren't june apps but since you guys have aleady done it i thought who better to ask....

What i want to know is.. do my hubby and i need to write a statment about our relationship even tho we have been together for 14 and married for 10. do we write separate ones or joint or neither?? Also although i am not the main applicant, hubby is, do i also need to fill in a form 80?
Oh and one more, did you use a money order to pay for visa?

We are applyign for a 136 just incase that makes any diference to answers.

Thanks in advance for replies, really appreciate your help.
Claire
x
Old Aug 12th 2007, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flump
Hi

We aren't june apps but since you guys have aleady done it i thought who better to ask....

What i want to know is.. do my hubby and i need to write a statment about our relationship even tho we have been together for 14 and married for 10. do we write separate ones or joint or neither?? Also although i am not the main applicant, hubby is, do i also need to fill in a form 80?
Oh and one more, did you use a money order to pay for visa?

We are applyign for a 136 just incase that makes any diference to answers.

Thanks in advance for replies, really appreciate your help.
Claire
x
Hi Claire

I'm no expert by any means and if I'm wrong hopefully others will let you know. I have applied for 136 as well and we did complete form 80 for each of that needed to as advised, we didn't write any statements about being married etc and for how long if they need info I assume that the CO will contact us and ask.

To pay I used debit card so don't know about other ways but if I remember correctly it will advise you on the form or with the accompanying notes on how you can pay.

goodluck

Helen
Old Aug 12th 2007, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't write statements about our relationship either! Just sent mortgage documents for our last 3 homes together and bank statements. I would have thought that these together with the fact that we have been married for 13 years and have 3 children together should suffice.

Form 80 needs to be completed for all people over 18. I am also going on my husbands application.

I sent a bankers draft organised through Barclays and it was no hassle.

Hope this helps

Laura
Old Aug 13th 2007, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Don't know if you have seen this! There is a thread on the July 07 applicants that is from DIAC explaining the recent delays and suggesting that they are acknowledging applications received on 10th May. They received mine on 19th June

Laura
Old Aug 14th 2007, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Reedy
Hi all,

Don't know if you have seen this! There is a thread on the July 07 applicants that is from DIAC explaining the recent delays and suggesting that they are acknowledging applications received on 10th May. They received mine on 19th June

Laura
am I right in thinking( this is roughly and i know doesn't apply to everyone!) that once you have had your money debited you will be looking at waiting approx. 6-8 weeks for a c.o.? i feel very confused by all the posts coz everyone seems to get things at diff. times and what with pre ack. and formal ack. etc i 'd just like to know if i'm thinking along the right lines? sorry to be dim but its been a long day so far..... babs
Old Aug 14th 2007, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough

Babs, my understanding is once you send your forms off you recieve pre acknowledgment email acknowledging receipt of monies and forms(only if you have given email details) then you recieve a full aknowledgment in writing and email they say within 6weeks (we are at week8 and still waiting) its seems it is then a further 6 weeks before a case officer is assigned who then requests any further information.(pcc and meds) not too sure how long to wait then for the yey or ney.This is my understanding anyway!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

That is my understanding also....I had my pre ack in june and still writing at the start of june and still awaiting full ack, so i think the 6 week turnaround is now a little bit behind
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dusta
Babs, my understanding is once you send your forms off you recieve pre acknowledgment email acknowledging receipt of monies and forms(only if you have given email details) then you recieve a full aknowledgment in writing and email they say within 6weeks (we are at week8 and still waiting) its seems it is then a further 6 weeks before a case officer is assigned who then requests any further information.(pcc and meds) not too sure how long to wait then for the yey or ney.This is my understanding anyway!
thanks Dusta and Freckles, sent paper work off to agent around 8June and money taken around 20June but had no emails, they may have gone to agent but not heard.So I'm really waiting for proper ackn. now and then poss another six weeks or so after that for co.etc etc. Not in major rush but would just like to know same as everyone.Nothing worse than waiting eh!!!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Babsw
thanks Dusta and Freckles, sent paper work off to agent around 8June and money taken around 20June but had no emails, they may have gone to agent but not heard.So I'm really waiting for proper ackn. now and then poss another six weeks or so after that for co.etc etc. Not in major rush but would just like to know same as everyone.Nothing worse than waiting eh!!!
Hi there

We had pre acknowledgement 22 june 07 still waiting for full ACKNOWLEDGEMENT!!!!!

OR I am being IMPATIENT!!!!

Angiek
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

ClaireM will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the mad world of waiting I got my pre-ack seven weeks ago...from what I have read on other threads, coupled with the latest processing times email, I reckon it'll be another 5-6 weeks before I see a full acknowledgement... (by the way DIMIA, feel free to prove me wrong here by emailing me a case officer tomorrow morning....! )

Still, I got some good news today in that my police checks came back clean. So nobody is out there using my identity to rob old grannies
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My understanding is that DIAC are behind in processing and it would usually take approx 6 wheeks for full ack but currently is 12 weeks (?). They have also said that they are going to be putting additional resource into processing!

As you have probably seen there are also delays in the LCU where they process the medicals they are currently processing meds from June 20th. Therefore there will be approx 6 week delay from LCU receiving meds to them getting to the case officer.

There seems to be an influx of apps prior to the Sept changes.

Laura
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That should have read 6 weeks.

Lau x
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

dogscogs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ClaireM

Still, I got some good news today in that my police checks came back clean. So nobody is out there using my identity to rob old grannies
Unless they're really good at it and haven't been caught yet ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.